Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What are the odds TU finds their way into the SEC?

23,787 Views | 167 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Faustus
Bryanisbest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OP, take heart. I got ripped for saying virtually the same thing in 2012. See topic and thread on page one today of Old Rivalries, "Horns will ultimately have to join the SEC."
NonReg81
Bryanisbest said:

OP, take heart. I got ripped for saying virtually the same thing in 2012. See topic and thread on page one today of Old Rivalries, "Horns will ultimately have to join the SEC."
Drake aTm
AG
I remember back in 2012 when ags were saying it would never happen because, "the SEC already has the Texas market with us and Oklahoma TV money wasn't valuable enough"

How naive we were

Ag 11
AG
Shoefly!
AG
Drake aTm said:

I remember back in 2012 when ags were saying it would never happen because, "the SEC already has the Texas market with us and Oklahoma TV money wasn't valuable enough"

How naive we were

Well! You know who owns the Show Business?
Alpha Texan said:

Lbull said:

Tulsa and Tulane have no chance of getting in.

neither does tu

The SEC schools are smart enough to see the toxic level of tu
Well... Good thing I didn't put a poop slap on the line.
Well done, Alpha Texan.

There was a whole lot of fail posted in this thread. I commend you for bringing your post up.

You're my new favorite poster.
SinKiller
If you thought there was 0% chance that this would happen, you haven't been around long enough. This was always gonna happen and the SEC was always gonna make it happen. If the SEC had to initially pick one team only, A&M or Texas, they'd take Texas. You don't have to like it, it's just reality.
Alpha Texan
AG
SinKiller said:

If you thought there was 0% chance that this would happen, you haven't been around long enough.
I'm Class of '21, so you're probably not wrong. In hindsight, the Big12 had to crumble sooner than later, and despite roller coaster years with an average of 7 wins, Texas brings too much money for the SEC to let anyone else have them.
Saint Pablo
CatmanBoo said:

Honest question, don't stab me for it, but isn't a nay vote from us all it takes??
Apparently not.
aggiehawg
AG
Alpha Texan said:

SinKiller said:

If you thought there was 0% chance that this would happen, you haven't been around long enough.
I'm Class of '21, so you're probably not wrong. In hindsight, the Big12 had to crumble sooner than later, and despite roller coaster years with an average of 7 wins, Texas brings too much money for the SEC to let anyone else have them.
Psst! No one else wanted them.
SinKiller
Alpha Texan said:

SinKiller said:

Unfortunately you're gonna see why the sips are so detested round these parts. You think Bama and LSU are arrogant, get ready, you ain't seen nothing yet.
Traveler
AG
oof, last time the Spreadsheet needed this big an update, ifishandlie was looking for takers on the Ags 2020 O/U.
Saint Pablo
Alpha Texan said:

SinKiller said:

I have never understood this logic. Would tu going to the ACC/PAC12/B1G just immediately turn any of those conferences into a cash cow that reshuffles the balance of power in college football in a major way? No. It is puzzling to me that people act like this was somehow an essential move that had to be made. The SEC would be perfectly fine without Texas. Everyone gets an extra $15 mil annually...how much does that even matter to us, UGA, Bama, etc.? We are all doing perfectly fine without it.
12mn95
AG
C Loves L said:

You wasted all that time just to try and convince yourself and others that t.u to the SEC has no chance of ever happening??

The two top grossing football programs in the country were 1. Texas A&M 2. t.u

The state of Texas is huge and stuffing 2 programs from it into the SEC is a real possibility (unfortunately).

t.u was 1 of the first 3 programs the SEC wanted in 1990. Politicans got in the way of that so Arkansas and SC went. FSU and Miami were on the 2nd list of programs they wanted to add.

This "gentleman'" agreement between UGA and South Carolina is just that. It's an unofficial agreement between those programs. There is nothing on paper and the men that made the verbal agreement back in the early 1990s were not Aggies.

Delusion is what will create the biggest melt down the Aggie faithful has ever seen with the way people are coming up with reasons THEY think t.u has no chance

We need one of the following to happen.
1. Big12 survive/add programs
2. t.u goes to the Pac12 (my wish)
3. t.u signs another long term contract that forces them to stay put
This guy right here had multiple good posts...what was interesting is that many non Ags were the ones who were right on this thread. A Bama guy too. Our hate didn't let us see clearly. Several outsiders on this thread were spot on because they were open to seeing that in the end, Texas is a national brand and not just a state brand just like OU and people all over the country watch them which brings more money to the conference.
aggiehawg
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Alpha Texan said:

SinKiller said:

I have never understood this logic. Would tu going to the ACC/PAC12/B1G just immediately turn any of those conferences into a cash cow that reshuffles the balance of power in college football in a major way? No. It is puzzling to me that people act like this was somehow an essential move that had to be made. The SEC would be perfectly fine without Texas. Everyone gets an extra $15 mil annually...how much does that even matter to us, UGA, Bama, etc.? We are all doing perfectly fine without it.
The only entity that wouldn't want tu in the B1G or the PAC is ESPN.
Spyderman
AG
33 said:

Alpha Texan said:

Lbull said:

Tulsa and Tulane have no chance of getting in.

neither does tu

The SEC schools are smart enough to see the toxic level of tu
Well... Good thing I didn't put a poop slap on the line.
Well done, Alpha Texan.

There was a whole lot of fail posted in this thread. I commend you for bringing your post up.

You're my new favorite poster.
The fail was tu and ou joining the SEC. Not in our best interest.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
SinKiller
Saint Pablo said:

Alpha Texan said:

SinKiller said:

Again, in the might not like it department...Texas is a national draw, the SEC is gonna reach a broader audience when they play. I'd put the Ags at a regional draw, mainly Texas.
rootube
AG
This thread bump is starting to make me think people on Texags don't know what they are talking about.
OrygunAg
AG
Don't have to ****ing like it.
Faustus
aggiehawg said:

Alpha Texan said:

SinKiller said:

Only the best conference would take them on a 14-0 vote with even Vandy hiking up its skirt instead of abstaining.
Gump 02
AG
It is very interesting to see how our biased opinions had clouded a pragmatic assessment of the initial question. Thanks for bringing this back to the top.
Jimbo4win
AG
SinKiller said:

Saint Pablo said:

Alpha Texan said:

SinKiller said:

Again, in the might not like it department...Texas is a national draw, the SEC is gonna reach a broader audience when they play. I'd put the Ags at a regional draw, mainly Texas.

Texas is so amazing!!! The rest of the country just can't get enough! Looks up 2020 TV ratings to see the 1.7 rating they had in the Alamo Bowl and realizes nobody actually gives a rip about the horns but still hopes he can convince everyone to live in the past just like he does
Jimbo4win
AG
Jimbo4win said:

SinKiller said:

Saint Pablo said:

Alpha Texan said:

SinKiller said:

Texas is so amazing!!! The rest of the country just can't get enough! Looks up 2020 TV ratings to see the 1.7 rating they had in the Alamo Bowl and realizes nobody actually gives a rip about the horns but still hopes he can convince everyone to live in the past just like he does

By the way, Kentucky/NC State got the same rating on a noon kickoff..Ok Lite/Miami was a full notch better but yeah Texas is the team people around the country stop what they are doing to tune in because it's must see
aggiehawg
AG
Faustus said:

aggiehawg said:

Alpha Texan said:

SinKiller said:

Only the best conference would take them on a 14-0 vote with even Vandy hiking up its skirt instead of abstaining.

Pssst! ESPN threw mad money (that they will not pay most likely) to get that deal done.

We've seen Beebe Bucks before, we'll see Sankey Bucks next. They are not real.

OTOH, ESPN has shown their willingness to throw away money just to benefit them and the sips before...<cough> LHN. Wasted close to a hundred million and needed the SEC Network to bundle the never watched LHN to get any market traction. Even Deloss Dodds and the press box at DKR didn't have LHN access for a few years. Programming sucked canal water to the point there are no more studio shows. Haven't been for two years.

Massive failure. But it accomplished what ESPN wanted it to accomplish when they felt they needed it. And Dodds and Powers lied through their teeth inducing that contract. Said they could and would provide content that they knew they could not. HS sports highlighting only their recruits and three or four Big XII games per season. Complete fraud.
Dad
AG
bamaoldtimer said:

As a Bama fan, I'm not afraid too play Auburn. Sometimes we lose, but when we win it's fantastic. Texas and A&M is a national game. When I lived in Alabama, I would always watch your game with Texas. Having them and OU in the conference gets us more money and revives a rivalry and creates many more. Games the guy in New York would watch.

Texas fans are craving compelling games. The only games they have is OU. Who in their conference other than OU gets fans excited. No one. Ou has OSU and that could be a problem. However, OU will do whatever Texas decides.

This will happen.

Get this man a Nostradamus tag next to his username.
Saint Pablo
SinKiller said:

Saint Pablo said:

Alpha Texan said:

SinKiller said:

That certainly may be the case, I just don't get why people act like this was a do or die move by the SEC. It really was not something that had to happen, the SEC would be perfectly fine, still rich, fat, and happy without Texas.
HamiltonPorter
Where are you getting 1.7? I am seeing 2.98 and that it was the second most viewed bowl game of the season up to that point. Obviously got blown out of the water by the bigger games later in the bowl season.

You can't objectively deny the draw of TU and OU to the conference though. The game between number 22 ranked TU and unranked OU last season drew 5.61 million viewers even with their crappy TV deals.

The week before that number 13 A&M played number 2 Alabama and drew only .07 million more viewers even with a much better TV deal.

I HATE TU, but it is not hard to understand why the powers that be were drawn to the idea. Hard to swallow, yes. Not hard to understand.
BaileyAg
AG
Great bump.

I just wish we hadn't voted yes. I know it doesn't mean much, but I hate that we just fell in line like we always do.
Faustus
aggiehawg said:

Faustus said:

aggiehawg said:

Alpha Texan said:

SinKiller said:

Pssst! ESPN threw mad money (that they will not pay most likely) to get that deal done.

We've seen Beebe Bucks before, we'll see Sankey Bucks next. They are not real.

OTOH, ESPN has shown their willingness to throw away money just to benefit them and the sips before...<cough> LHN. Wasted close to a hundred million and needed the SEC Network to bundle the never watched LHN to get any market traction. Even Deloss Dodds and the press box at DKR didn't have LHN access for a few years. Programming sucked canal water to the point there are no more studio shows. Haven't been for two years.

Massive failure. But it accomplished what ESPN wanted it to accomplish when they felt they needed it. And Dodds and Powers lied through their teeth inducing that contract. Said they could and would provide content that they knew they could not. HS sports highlighting only their recruits and three or four Big XII games per season. Complete fraud.

So no conferences wanted Texas, ESPN simultaneously threw away money while benefiting itself, and promised money to all the SEC schools it will not pay to get the deal done.

Was it another Gentleman's agreement that no one needed documentation on? This kind of has the same vibe the first few pages did.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.