Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What are the odds TU finds their way into the SEC?

23,786 Views | 167 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Faustus
CatmanBoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Honest question, don't stab me for it, but isn't a nay vote from us all it takes??
Alpha Texan
AG
Tulsa and Tulane have no chance of getting in.

neither does tu

The SEC schools are smart enough to see the toxic level of tu
CatmanBoo
Lbull said:

Tulsa and Tulane have no chance of getting in.

neither does tu

The SEC schools are smart enough to see the toxic level of tu
I hope so, i think it just takes 1 no vote though, i came here for clarification but i'm probably going to get a bunch of wise acres telling me to go f*** my mother! LOL

it was worth a shot, you're a cool dude, much appreciated.
AquaCasaAg
AG
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2018/0824/2018-19%20Bylaws.pdf

HowdyAgs03
AG
[Posting pictures with filtered words is bypassing the filters. -Stafff]

mccag
S
A&M, Mizzu, LSU, Ark, as well as BAMA probably along with USCe and Florida would all vote no because they would want our vote in the same situation. So the answer is probably not!
Skull Session
DKR once said, dance with who bring ya'. And that would be tech, Tcu, Baylor and the rest of the big12. Sage advice that the sips should heed.!
Indignitas
AG
Quote:

A&M, Mizzu, LSU, Ark, as well as BAMA probably along with USCe and Florida
Good point.. But, which high-overlap schools would lsu, arky, and Bama be interested in excluding? I figure USCe & Florida would want to keep Clemson & FSU out, and I guess UGA would also want to be able to refuse a bid from Ga Tech (however remote that possibility). And I'm sure UK worries about Louisville crashing their party, to some degree.

I guess Memphis -- if they keep hiring Justin Fuente's -- might one day pose a real threat to arky?
I think schools in eastern TX (UH, tcu) would be the main threats to lsu, and we'd definitely work together to keep that rabble out.

Am I missing anyone major?

I know for us (but probably just us) zero-u would also be a pain in the butt to live with.

And who would be the big threat for Bama?
mccag
S
Bama would simply not want tu crap in this conference. Ark and LSU have history with tu that they would not want to repete and you are right, I forgot about Georgia.
Stat Monitor Repairman
AquaCasaAg said:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2018/0824/2018-19%20Bylaws.pdf

BBS to AquaCasaAg for putting a stake through the heart of this issue once and for all.

In other words,

Its not whether tu can join the SEC, the question is whether tu can whip-up another batch of snake-oil and sell that **** to 3/4 of SEC members ...?

I'm thinking, prolly not.

Not only would they have to convince the bor at each school, the backlash from fans all over the SEC would be so ******* off the rails, no regent is gonna touch that toxic turd of an idea.

tu *****d.

Joe Schillaci 48
AG
They will enter the SEC immediately after Clemson, Florida State, Miami, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Georgia Tech.

In other words.....never.

Gentlemen's Agreement:

tu-negged by Arkansas, Mizzou and Aggies
Clemson-negged by SCAR
Florida State, Miami-negged by Florida
Okie, Okie Lite-negged by Arkansas, Mizzou and Aggies
Georgia State- negged by Georgia

All of these SEC schools will vote no on any of these schools that want to join the SEC.

Solidarity

West Point Aggie
AG
Why would tu want to...? Isn't the SEC a "dummy" conference full of red necks, not good enough for the high and mighty academic standards of sippyville? ...oh and the optics of following A&M...FOLLOWING!!
CrottyKid
AG
OP is a sip troll.
ashley
They have made it clear they have no interest in the SEC.
EKUAg
AG
Amazing how this is popping up after A&M passed tu as the most profitable athletics program.
tamc91
AG
Take this kind of worn out crap to Old Rivalries
Trident 88
AG
Adding tu makes no sense.

Based on TV viewership from the Clemson game, the SEC has already captured the Austin market!
TexanJeff
AG
Zero

Next thread
Aftermath
AG
10 billion dollar endowment, 2nd richest program in College football, top 10 historic football program, ....lots of influence, could probably make a good argument.... but arrogance will take them to ACC or Big 10 where they think they fit in academically
Emilio Fantastico
AG
CrottyKid said:

OP is a sip troll.

Nah, just a troll. And not a very good one.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
ashley said:

They have made it clear they have no interest in the SEC.

The feeling is mutual.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Odds a greater during your lifetime that the supervolcano under Yellowstone erupts or a meteor hits earth. In other words, OP if you like to worry, then there are many other things with higher probability for you to worry about.
FriscoKid
AG
Close to zero.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Zero. "Because we're Texas" just doesn't carry the weight it once did.

Let 'em swing from the tree they planted.

Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
This an asinine thread...

But it did remind me of a baylolfans thread during our realignment....

Some idiot on there pitched the idea of them coming with us to the sec to be the "vandy of the West"

Then their whole board discussed like it was a viable option... so great to see those idiots losing on the reg again
Born Maroon
AG
OP sucks. Get that trash out of here
Phoenix1
The bongwh&@es wouldn't come to the SEC for several reasons. 1) they aren't going to give up the bongwh$&re network and no way in hell does the SEC let them in with it. 2) they are too used to being the bully at the table. They wouldn't be able to push around Alabama, Florida, Georgia, etc. and will not enter into a situation where they aren't calling the shots. 3) They have never- nor will ever- venture into a situation where they have to play the kind of schedule they would have to play in the SEC. the SEC West is like kryptonite to a sip.

BTW- the 5 team verbal agreement is between Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, Kentucky and A&M. All 5 schools have verbally agreed to vote down any other in state school from the coalition. A verbal agreement is not binding however. My guess is that if tu really wanted in and was willing to lower their ego and take a seat at the side of the table instead of the head they could figure out a way to do it- but that will never happen.
vol4ever
Only if A&M sponsored them.
Pigeon88
AG
tu recognizes what a smart move A&M made by going to the SEC. Their fans openly admit it now. And they would love to join the party. But any efforts to do so will be strictly behind the scenes, as they could not risk a public rejection. So we will never know if that transpires.
GarryowenAg
AG
Playing devil's advocate: with the mentality that we think arky and lsu have regarding tu, what's it to say they didn't have the same feelings toward us when we were trying to join? Obviously it's moot to try arguing this point since we're in the conference, but we used to have a pretty heated rivalry with those two schools.
Drewlooker
3/4 Vote
ABATTBQ11
AG

InnerCityAg
What
RAB83
AG
Only one of you got it. The sips do not make financial sense and this is a financial decision for the guys running the SEC schools. The sips have a brand in decline. The sips do not offer any eyeballs. The sip would not increase the value of the TV contract, they would reduce it by their cut.

If and when the SEC expands again, it will be to grow its TV footprint. That means NC or VA.
mntamu23
0%. And I'm not just saying that. Let's just say we wouldn't be the only ones blocking that move.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.