Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Best away game experience you've had?

8,763 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by strbrst777
Aggie Bus Operator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Clemson 05
devilriverag72
Went to San Diego and watched Bucky demolish BYU. Watched Johnny demolish Auburn , two pretty good road trips
rick rylander
WC94
swellvermin
AG
Yessssssssss
aginlakeway
AG
Hawaii 1990.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
USMCAg99
AG
Nebraska is good people. So is Clemson.

Not to get off on a tangent, but I went to grad school at Ohio State. State College in the fall is incredible. Their stadium atmosphere is about the closest I've seen to Kyle. 4 quarters of intense. Camp Randall is similar, but Madison is basically Austin north.
Ringo88
AG
Ditto on Auburn fans. Very hospitable to Aggies, very similar fanbase dispositions.

My oldest boy's 1st game was 2012 at Auburn. Sat 50 yard line, 14th row with an old Auburn alum friend of mine. A young boy in an Aggie jersey sitting with blue blood Tiger fans, and the whole group having a great time. My boy felt so bad about the score by the 4th quarter that he bought a bucket of popcorn to "share with our Tiger friends". I'll never forget their hospitality.
bagger05
AG
BoxingAg84 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Mine stadium wise has definitely been LSU. saw us play there in 2013. Sold out, rainy, and at night. Great experience.
That game was miserable. It was cold, heavy mist, and the team laid an egg. It wasn't sold out by the way because there were several empty pockets through out the stadium that day.

Yeah atmosphere at that game was pathetic. Ags didn't get off the bus and the stadium was maybe 2/3 full. Weather was lousy rained really hard earlier in the day and by game time it was drizzling and in the 50s. Overall the people who actually showed up to party were friendly and welcoming. Ate a lot of Cajun food.
tex 93
AG
I enjoyed going up to Fayetteville to play Arkansas in 1990. Their fans were a pleasant relief from the fans (idiots) of t.u., Tech, and Cougar High.

I also enjoyed playing Rice in Houston. I enjoy a good natured mocking/high quality satire, even directed at us, and the M.O.B. (Marching Owl Band,) Rice Owl mascot, and various Rice students always delivered some fun entertainment.
Grapes
Man this is a really tough call.

I am going to have to say...

1 - South Carolina 2014 - Lake Murray was unforgettable!!!
2 - Alabama 2016 - Another absolutely crazy Friday night is Tuscaloosa.
3 - Arkansas 2013 - won a poker tournament, shot a hole in one and we had a fleet of scooters!
4 - LSU 2015 - Best tailgate food ever!!!
5 - Ole Miss 2012 - Best game ever!!! Got brought back to the place in cuffs by a cool cop just to mess with everyone since they left me in the square.
6 - Wisconsin 2008 vs Ohio State both top 5. Got kicked out during the jump around, I think... Home coming in Madison was a pretty wild time.
7 - Alabama 2014 - An absolutely crazy Friday night in Tuscaloosa but lost 59-0.
8 - Florida 2017 - St. Augustine Beach, great fishing and the birth of the Wing Nazi. Pretty tame trip but really relaxing.
9 - Auburn 2016 - Lake Martin, Sky Bar and getting banned from one of the best private courses in AL.
10 - Alabama v Georgia Natty Game 2018 - Got a little too wild and crazy the night before at the Zach Brown Band concert. Nuff said.

Taking the year off this year. I cannot wait for Georgia and Clemson next season,

After all those roadies I still think Kyle Field is my favourite game day atmosphere. A&M definitely takes the cake for hottest women. Just the sheer number is crazy.

W
AG
several on my list...

2013 Fayetteville...had a great time and no problems with the home fans. Would go back in a heartbeat.

2013 Oxford.

2014 Tuscaloosa.

2007 Nebraska...great win for the Ags

2005 & 2001 Kansas State...good folks and good wins.

and enjoyed most of my trips to Stillwater. 2000 & 2004 come to mind as good ones

Lasuro81
AG
Nebraska. The weekend was, in a word, amazing. I took my son. The FTAB made the road trip. Nicest people anywhere. Very hospitable. Zero egos, drama, or arrogance. I'd go again in a second. Big Red is all class.
CyanideJenkins
AG
2012 Auburn
strbrst777
Best by far: Tuscaloosa 2012 when Aggies beat Bama. Was guest of Dreamland BBQ owner.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.