Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Manziel

24,464 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by runontexas
PabloSerna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mugwurt said:

I think Manziel has a decent shot at having a nice career in the CFL. I don't see him ever playing in the NFL again.

Quality QBs in the NFL is a scarce commodity. JFF needs to get to playing and showing what we all know he can do in the CFL. The rest will take care of itself. He will be 27? I recall a certain #12 for my Dallas Cowboys starting his career at 29.
Memphis 7
I'm calling it. Circumstance + Manziel , I think it's done.

Had a great two years.

And you probably can't find one negative post I've had about Johnny. I've defended him and have been optimistic as anyone.

But he's slower/not as elusive and at that point, he's just a guy, a guy with a lot of Baggage.

I don't think he plays in Canada next year. His choice though. Risk/reward isn't there.
zephyr88
AG
My thoughts are that Johnny finishes this season as the starter, except over the offseason he stays involved in his football regimen and comes out and has a solid season NEXT YEAR for the Alouettes.

I think his chances are nil at getting back into the NFL anytime in the near future (if at all). But I do think he'll grasp the CFL game and have a solid season next year.
ebag02
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

ebag02 said:

The zoo apparently does not wish failure on Johnny, they just can't wait to predict failure and list past failures when any Johnny news is posted.
That's usually how predictions work, you look at historical data and make an assessment based on the information. Since he left college, what has Johnny shown that suggests he can be a successful professional quarterback?
Nobody asked for your prediction.
HoustonAg2106
AG
ebag02 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

ebag02 said:

The zoo apparently does not wish failure on Johnny, they just can't wait to predict failure and list past failures when any Johnny news is posted.
That's usually how predictions work, you look at historical data and make an assessment based on the information. Since he left college, what has Johnny shown that suggests he can be a successful professional quarterback?
Nobody asked for your prediction.
Then what are we all doing here?
ebag02
AG
TxAgPreacher said:

If you really wish the best for someone you dont apologize for bad behavior. "Do not reprove a scoffer, or he will hate you; reprove a wise man, and he will love you." Prov 9:8
Who's apologizing?
ebag02
AG
Oh, you thought people wanted to hear your brilliant predictions? How cute.
HoustonAg2106
AG
ebag02 said:

Oh, you thought people wanted to hear your brilliant predictions? How cute.
No, I just don't care what you want to hear

Are you sure that "e" in your username isn't supposed to be a "d"?
ebag02
AG
I've seen the light!! Give us more brilliant predictions!!! I can't wait!!!
KW Driver
HoustonAg2106 said:

88jrt06 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

ebag02 said:

22nd player drafted? Overall. Then, it proved to be Cleveland, QB killers. Maybe worst landing spot in recent NFL history. But, obviously, he was considered a round 1-3
draft choice, period. So, THAT "suggests"!

He got cut after two years, what does that suggest?

First rounders busy in the NFl every year, once they are out it is infinitely harder to get back in...especially if you have off the field problems
He still has more wins for Cleveland than anyone has come along since.
SeattleAgJr
KW Driver said:

and?
ebag02
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

KW Driver said:

and?
Since 2015 the Browns are 2-4 when Johnny starts and 2-41-1 when he doesn't
runontexas
AG
Look Manziel is an elite QB that happened to be playing behind Masoli and NOW PIPKIN out of #TiffinU

Dude has bad luck having to compete with some of the best QBs not in the nfl.
Build It
AG
And? I've seen him play. He's just not that good any more. Not fast, not accurate, not elusive. So maybe he improves when he knows the playbook but it doesn't fix speed, accuracy etc. just not the athlete he once was.
vander54
S
Build It said:

And? I've seen him play. He's just not that good any more. Not fast, not accurate, not elusive. So maybe he improves when he knows the playbook but it doesn't fix speed, accuracy etc. just not the athlete he once was.

He is slower but I didnt think his accuracy was that off, also accuracy can be improved.
World's worst proofreader
Build It
AG
Hey I'm not a JFF hater I hope he does improve. Just calling em like I see em.
runontexas
AG
Build It said:

Hey I'm not a JFF hater I hope he does improve. Just calling em like I see em.

Build It
AG
Exactly what skills does he possess now that make him a great athlete or QB? Please enlighten me.
runontexas
AG
MENTAL TOUGHNESS, TENACITY, DRIVE TO BE THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME.... SHALL I GO ON??!?!?!?
vander54
S
Build It said:

Exactly what skills does he possess now that make him a great athlete or QB? Please enlighten me.

He's still elusive but his speed seems a little slower, could be adjusting or could be his medication. He is still accurate but needs help with his WR and OL play. It is WAY to early to write him off.
World's worst proofreader
runontexas
AG
Build It
AG
He hasn't demonstrated any of those things no matter how much we wish them to be true.
aggie_fan13
AG
I think it's time for him to throw in the towel and come be a qb coach like Kenny hill
some men you just cant reach ...
zephyr88
AG
Not yet. It's time for him to be a competitor in the CFL. All those "best ever" expectations need to go away. The kid just needs to stay focused and keep improving. He's not the 2012-2013 Johnny we knew. This is almost like his rookie year all over again.
pfistermd
Johnny will light it up Friday night(hopefully). He makes CFL more exciting to watch than the nfl. Still my all time favorite Aggie football player.
itsyourboypookie
Time and channel
Pure Aggie
AG
itsyourboypookie said:

Time and channel
CFL 8:30 PM -
Montreal Alouettes vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers (Spanish Broadcast)

looking forward to the Spanish version "Yannie Futball - scooooooooooooooooooore"

bbry81
Who would let him be a qb coach? What would he tel the qbs run around like crazy close your eyes and throw the ball?
Tom Hagen
AG
Pure Aggie said:

itsyourboypookie said:

Time and channel

looking forward to the Spanish version "Yannie Futball - scooooooooooooooooooore"

Anyone know a pirate site?
AggieOO
Tom Hagen said:

Pure Aggie said:

itsyourboypookie said:

Time and channel

Anyone know a pirate site?

https://pirates.disney.com
zephyr88
AG
itsyourboypookie said:

Time and channel
NOW!
runontexas
AG
Just throw down $5 for the month

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.