Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Espn 300 numbers

7,328 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Agsuffering@bulaw
FishingAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TAMU has 9, ou 8, tu 7

I thought that was interesting. It's back to the three big schools getting the kids.

Even more interesting that Jimbo, without playing a game has more than ou (a playoff team)

Just more koolaide. I know the numbers will change but it's off-season.
technoviking
AG
Several Aggie targets on that list as well
JPK89
AG
technoviking said:

As are sips and ou's.
technoviking
AG
JPK89 said:

technoviking said:

As are sips and ou's.

Perhaps I should have said "likely commits" instead of "targets".
FishingAggie
We have a new coach. They don't. Our coach is a recruiting beast to compete with ou and their offense.

Would you trade classes or coaches with either of those two?
JPK89
AG
FishingAggie said:

We have a new coach. They don't. Our coach is a recruiting beast to compete with ou and their offense.

Would you trade classes or coaches with either of those two?

Nope!!!
JPK89
AG
technoviking said:

JPK89 said:

technoviking said:

As are sips and ou's.

I know. Just messing.
CatmanBoo
JPK89 said:

technoviking said:

JPK89 said:

technoviking said:

As are sips and ou's.

I know. Just messing.

Well wipe your ass! We's Talkin' sum football!
Maroon from the womb.
aggiedent
AG
ESPN is crap. Use the 247 lists.
FishingAggie
aggiedent said:

That's where I got the 300 list
jsc8116
AG
How many spots left? Can we sign 30 for this year and 5 of those can count towards/early enrollees for the prior class year assuming scholarships limits are under limit? SIAP.....
technoviking
FishingAggie
I've heard 25 -28. I do not know though.
lataqueria
I hope we can get to a point where nobody uses tu or OU as our standards for comparison. Really soon.
FishingAggie
It's the fact that that's the big 3. We can't compare to bama or Georgia. Too far geographically.

We can compare with stars etc. but in Texas the three big schools should be number 1,2, 3. Not tcu or Baylor, tech.

It's back the way it should be....we are number one right now. Pretty cool imo
sshm
AG
lataqueria said:

I hope we can get to a point where nobody uses tu or OU as our standards for comparison. Really soon.
Recruiting wise we're always going to be comparing to them, because they're 2 of our 3 primary regional recruiting rivals.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
sshm said:

lataqueria said:

Recruiting wise we're always going to be comparing to them, because they're 2 of our 3 primary regional recruiting rivals.

We should be comparing against ourselves. We made ourselves 2nd fiddle to tu, OU by constantly comparing to them.
beerad12man
AG
aggiedent said:

espn is actually the best list this year. 247 and rivals rankings suck this year. They each have a couple of our guys just awfully ranked such as Kenyon Jackson and Isaiah spiller on 247, and Baylor Cupp on rivals

ESPN has actually been the most fair to us this cycle
FishingAggie
Just a thought

When you're Jimbo, Dabo, urban etc... and you make a statement about your player rankings not being where they should be ...

" I don't care about stars we evaluated the players and they are what we need"

Something like that. Readers will trust the coach over the ranking service. Makes the service look uncredible..

Imo the ranking services have to rank certain coaches ( those with clout -nc coaches and certain programs -traditional winning programs) higher.

You'd look pretty stupid to assume Jimbo or Dabo didn't know what kind of kids they want in their program

Not an eloquent post but maybe you can figure out what I'm trying to say. Make any sense?
fireinthehole
Look at the other offers. We've gotten a lot of recruits with Alabama Clemson OU etc offers. Killing tu also.
You are the world, we are the USA, don't mess with us and we won't blow your $hit away.
JPK89
AG
Aggie Joe 93 said:

sshm said:

lataqueria said:

We should be comparing against ourselves. We made ourselves 2nd fiddle to tu, OU by constantly comparing to them.

Cool. We'll always finish first.

And last.
sshm
AG
Aggie Joe 93 said:

sshm said:

lataqueria said:

When we are the only school offering football scholarships we can compare to ourselves.

In the meantime we are competing primarily against OU, Texas, and LSU for our regional talent.
Agsuffering@bulaw
The SEC brand is powerful! The fact that Jimbo has more titles than either of those coaches is also powerful.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.