Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Football Fundamentals Question

2,068 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ashley
crazeyalex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dying for football so much that I started rewatching games after work starting in 2016 and I'm at the UCLA game in 2017.

Is this a cause for concern? Trayveon Williams doesn't switch the ball to his sideline arm when he breaks a run to the outside. I don't consider him to have a fumbling issue, just wonder it would be considered fundamentally correct to protect the ball with sideline.

Examples:

2016 Tennessee 3:10:26
2017 UCLA 48:11

These are types of things I expect to be fixed in Jimbo's regime. Attention to detail can be the difference in a win or a loss.

DISCLAIMER: T-Will is a great Ag and one of my favorite players on the team. This isn't a shot at him.
GoneForGood
I coach High School football and I can tell you that most times when players forget to switch arms when they break a big run it's because they get so excited and they have their eyes on the end zone that they forget some of the little things like switching the ball to the sideline hand.

the only way I have found to correct this is to Simply keep repeating it over and over again and drilling it over and over again until it almost becomes second nature. To where they do it without even thinking about it.
crazeyalex
Thanks for the response!
Windy City Ag
AG
The solution = Don't get caught from behind
Meximan
They can't poke out what they can't catch!
ashley
This isn't unusual at all. There is no reason to worry about. Lots of running backs and receivers are more comfortable with the ball in their dominate hand.
EliteZags
AG
Easier to spike the ball in the endzone with your dominant arm
FishingAggie
Meximan said:

They can't poke out what they can't catch!

I always seem to catch it, when I poke it
LEJ
dominant... it's dominant hand girlfriend.
ashley
I was speaking of how you talk to a running back. You don't tell a running back to carry the ball in his has hand, you say arm. I would thought you would have known that.
Post removed:
by user
ashley
You obviously don't get coaches talk. But, I already knew that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.