Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

sip moderators??

9,602 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by tatimobile
FishingAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
vander54 said:

Your agrument make no sense. There are boards for a reason and each one is for something different. You don't go posting about football on the baseball board. Plus there are a ton of tu threads on the board that is designed for tu threads. It's called Old Rivalries.

Not to mention if everyone just expressed there opinion wherever and whenever this site would suck. There would be no structure and threads would be hard to follow. Plus if I wanted to find info on football I would have to dig through all the off topic threads to find what I wanted. Another reason there are separate boards for separate topics.

Premium is a hodge podge of topics and not specific like the zoo or almost all other boards. Hence the reason mods are more strict on here.

I do not care. The facts are this. There are tu threads in prem. One stays there all the time. Fact.

Why can't we have a tu thread in the zoo?

Why are you arguing differently? What is your agenda? I have none.

You are right. I don't care. I do not think a thread that would be allowed in prem should be deleted in the zoo. Hey. Jmo. That's a texag decision. Not mine.
vander54
S
Not really. We don't play them anymore so until we do what goes on at tu, unless it directly impacts A&M, is consider an old rival.
vander54
S
Try creating a tu only thread on the zoo. I'm not sure they would allow it since it's not Aggie football related but you could try. Again premium is a separate board with separate discussion topics. Just like the baseball board or outdoors board all have separate topics.

I know you don't like premium and hate the mods but let it go. Each board is different and they have different rules on what can be posted in them. Some are stricter than others.

As for agenda I don't have one.
Red Rover
AG
NY Ag said:

Old rivalries forum...use it.

Yay!
Red Rover
AG
Bill Superman said:

NY Ag said:

Is that really why? This is football related in many ways, there's plenty of discussion about sip recruiting, coaches etc around here, even a thread that's been lingering for a few weeks/months specifically about renewing the rivalry. Top football related stories that effect recruiting in the state of Texas see very relevant for discussion here

BOOO!!!
RGLAG85
AG
vander54 said:

Not really. We don't play them anymore so until we do what goes on at tu, unless it directly impacts A&M, is consider an old rival.
But we do recruit against them and that is football related. What these players said very much impacts that. You still can't explain the renewing the rivalry thread. If there's one that belongs on "Old rivalry", that's it. Yet it remains.
Showstopper
AG
This used to be a really active board. Now it's a shell of what it was. Half the threads on the first page haven't been commented upon in over a day. Maybe forums just aren't as popular in general. Maybe Texags decided that free board posters didn't become premium at a rate that was worthwhile. Maybe overzealous moderation has driven away a lot of posters. Maybe it's a combination.

But the fact remains that thread was reasonably active. And it got axed. To what end? To make room on the first page for threads people haven't commented upon for more than 2 days? Yeah, sounds like a great plan.

It's not my forum, though. If Texags wants to gut the forum some more by stifling what little activity they have left on this forum, that's their business.
Liucci
Staff
AG
FishingAggie said:

Bill Superman said:

Is this not the main forum for all Aggie football related subjects?

This is going to definitely have an effect on football recruiting in Texas and possibly the entire football landscape in the state should it become more than just this one story/incident. It seemed like the topic of the day even for offseason Aggie football.

But maybe I've been using texags wrong all this time...

You'll never figure it out.
The forum police have their favorites. Cross one you get a temp ban. It's funny. If the zoo posts breaking news before prem. Lol. They delete it, post it in prem. Seen that many times.

Take texags for what it is. Good reporting by the staff.
Good info first. Mods that are biased towards their friends.

This is a business. They need the sheep for clicks. Adv dollars. Nothing wrong with creating a following.

Remember. It's free !! Use it for what you want. Get the rest elsewhere and have fun.

Try you understand it and you'll go crazy.

Clearly you don't understand it yourself. Just so we're clear, you think a thread about what a former player tweeted about Tom Herman is something that we consciously said, "Let's remove the thread because The Zoo is breaking news and we can't have that. Let's delete the thread and 'break' what a former Texas player said on twitter in premium so more people will pay us money because they simply cannot do without this big breaking news. Oh yeah, and we hate the zoo, too." That's what you think, right? Got it.
Liucci
Staff
AG
And honestly, if it removed because it was supposed to go in the 'old rivalries' forum, then I don't get the reasoning either and will check with the mods as to why that would be the case. Doesn't seem necessary, to be honest.
BenFiasco14
AG
Senpai
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
FishingAggie
Liucci said:

FishingAggie said:

Bill Superman said:

Is this not the main forum for all Aggie football related subjects?

This is going to definitely have an effect on football recruiting in Texas and possibly the entire football landscape in the state should it become more than just this one story/incident. It seemed like the topic of the day even for offseason Aggie football.

But maybe I've been using texags wrong all this time...

You'll never figure it out.
The forum police have their favorites. Cross one you get a temp ban. It's funny. If the zoo posts breaking news before prem. Lol. They delete it, post it in prem. Seen that many times.

Take texags for what it is. Good reporting by the staff.
Good info first. Mods that are biased towards their friends.

This is a business. They need the sheep for clicks. Adv dollars. Nothing wrong with creating a following.

Remember. It's free !! Use it for what you want. Get the rest elsewhere and have fun.

Try you understand it and you'll go crazy.

Clearly you don't understand it yourself. Just so we're clear, you think a thread about what a former player tweeted about Tom Herman is something that we consciously said, "Let's remove the thread because The Zoo is breaking news and we can't have that. Let's delete the thread and 'break' what a former Texas player said on twitter in premium so more people will pay us money because they simply cannot do without this big breaking news. Oh yeah, and we hate the zoo, too." That's what you think, right? Got it.

I'm not sure if you're referring to me or superman.

I wasn't referring to the removed thread today. Never said that. I never even read the thread ...

I have seen several threads about breaking news started in the zoo that were deleted, only to be posted in premium first. I move between the two boards frequently. Can't help but notice. I understand why. People paying should get it first.

I've seen people complain in prem about not getting their news first. Personally, I could care less who gets it first. Just like to keep up to date.

I like the content of prem and the intelligence level of football in the zoo. That's jmo.

I don't think that deserves a "calling out".

I do not understand why certain threads are deleted. It doesn't seem to be consistent.

It's your site looch. You do whatever you want. You shouldn't get angry when people don't understand board differences and talk about it.

I can like part of texags ( content, Staff etc..) and not like part ( mods who ban opponents of their friends, or delete threads and I do not understand why ).

Not a big deal Imo.

I've done nothing but praise premium content and upper staff. I've been honest. There's a difference between what's allowed in premium and the zoo. I've seen it.

With that said, it's your site. I pay so I get both sides. I'm ok with that. Not really sure what ticked you off.
GarryowenAg
AG
Wow... NERD ALERT!!
yardwhisperer
AG
Liucci said:

And honestly, if it removed because it was supposed to go in the 'old rivalries' forum, then I don't get the reasoning either and will check with the mods as to why that would be the case. Doesn't seem necessary, to be honest.
THANK YOU. We find common ground
Post removed:
by user
Bill Superman
AG
Liucci said:

Liucci himself coming to my defense on this? It only makes sense, and I gotta say I appreciate it. I wanted this to stay on topic with the original thread for many reasons, the main one being that this incident may end up being what initiated the pendulum to swing in our direction. A football related subject prime for this board.

If we can take advantage of these type of situations and build on them, our dominance in the state may just actually come to fruition. These are critical times in the football landscape and we have the opportunity to make history should we play our cards right. Major things are about to happen with the football landscape in Texas, and this could be the beginning to that trend.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
NY Ag said:

Now hold on, Army.

I understand the need for an Old Rivalries Board. There's a large, vocal group of Ags who feel discussing Texas' program gives us the appearance of still being "hung up" on them.

But I think people lose sight of the relevance Texas still has to A&M football.

We recruit for the same players every year. When one school is winning the other is historically is mediocre. If Herman is screw'n the pooch that helps us.

But if Wal-Mart is selling more Longhorn coffee mugs than A&M or they add a transgender cheerleader that wouldn't have a reason for being posted here.
FishingAggie
Aggie football and tu football are always going to be enmeshed.

How many of you have tu relatives, friends, colleagues??
Lots of us.

We talk football between the schools all the time. It's difficult to decipher what it allowed in the zoo and what's not. The hermensa Video will be a texag classic as long as he's there. I specifically asked Prem to post it here. See... that's confusing.

I'm not trying to be combative. I just don't understand. Again, I think I have the best of both worlds. I have premium and the zoo.

I'll throw this out there as well. I have a subscription to 247 ( I love college football). The ONLY thing it has is player profiles. Nothing more

Texags is by far the best product. If I had to choose it's a no brainer. I'd drop 247 instantly.

Gig em everyone. Have a great day.

oklacityag75
AG
Mod must be a facebook algorithm user...any content against anything or anyone liberal gets banned.

What is insane is Looch had a post on this thread and was deleted!!! WTH!!!!

How does a person without an AgTag even get on at TexAgs and censors REAL Aggies?
Aston04
AG
Liucci said:

please do. Obviously this isnt a story a&m fans want buried in a forum most of us (or recruits browsing on texags by chance) don't even read. More publicity for it the better.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Maybe because what you posted linked to a competitor's (ish) site?
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
Heisenberg01
AG
Aston04 said:

Liucci said:

please do. Obviously this isnt a story a&m fans want buried in a forum most of us (or recruits browsing on texags by chance) don't even read. More publicity for it the better.

Totally agree. Protecting sips from their embarrassments is an odd standard to set.
Bill Superman
AG
Heisenberg01 said:

Aston04 said:

Liucci said:

Totally agree. Protecting sips from their embarrassments is an odd standard to set.

The damage has been done. Now the the discussion has lost steam since it's no longer a breaking story. Hopefully this isn't the end of it and continue to hear about what is really going on.

Playing for sip does not sound very appealing in the day and age all things considered. And Hermit's true colors getting exposed this early in his tenure does not bode well for the puke orange.

Other coaches in the big12 are sure to use this on the recruiting trail to negatively recruit against sip. The good thing is, Jimbo doesn't have to negatively recruit to land the players he wants.
FishingAggie
My only issue is are we a little too biased and making more of this than there really is??

There's a lot to decipher. I watched the whole video of hermensa talking about talent. He saved it somewhat. I don't know what to say about that guy

He's not near the orator Jimbo is. Not even in his class. Seems like a weird dude. He's trying to instill the "family " attitude over there. Idk if it's going to work. Going to be a great football year though.
Bill Superman
AG
We are definitely a bit biased, but the story does fit the narrative around Hermensis and his perceived antics. I would definitely feel it was a pretty bad situation if a former Aggie accused Jimbo of speaking negatively about his players. Surely recruits take note of things like this when their future and livelihood are in their hands, particularly when it relates to one's chances at being a millionaire.

At this stage, with Hermensis just one year in and us just making the best hire in college football, it is a critical time for each program to lay their foundation and create history. And i'd say while we already have the leg up on them, stuff like this even furthers that gap and helps us out even more.
tatimobile
AG
Hey Superman, Luicci and FishinAggie. I don't have a dog in this particular fight but I do have a funny video pertaining to the subject that we can all watch, laugh, and then go back to the family feud. Enjoy

Consider it halftime entertainment
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.