Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

sip moderators??

9,601 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by tatimobile
Bill Superman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why would the texag moderators freeze then remove the threads about the former UT player that called out Herman and co. for bad mouthing the players after leaving for the nfl after their junior seasons?

How and why would this subject need to be prevented from being on here? This story is still being published all over the place aside from on here where the moderators want to prevent it, makes absolutely no sense.
mcag83
AG
This thread will be locked in 5....4....3....2.....
Like anyone can even know that.
FishingAggie
Adios amigo
Bill Superman
AG
Yeah I know, just genuinely curious why this would be a subject to prevent discussion on here...?
NE PA Ag
Old rivalries forum...use it.
Bill Superman
AG
NY Ag said:

Is that really why? This is football related in many ways, there's plenty of discussion about sip recruiting, coaches etc around here, even a thread that's been lingering for a few weeks/months specifically about renewing the rivalry. Top football related stories that effect recruiting in the state of Texas see very relevant for discussion here
vander54
S
NY Ag said:

This
vander54
S
Bill Superman said:

NY Ag said:

Is that really why? This is football related in many ways, there's plenty of discussion about other schools, coaches and players around here

I'm not on this forum as often as I once was but could it be the other teams and coaches have something to do with A&M, for example future opponents, SEC teams, etc?
Bill Superman
AG
Is this not the main forum for all Aggie football related subjects?

This is going to definitely have an effect on football recruiting in Texas and possibly the entire football landscape in the state should it become more than just this one story/incident. It seemed like the topic of the day even for offseason Aggie football.

But maybe I've been using texags wrong all this time...
Indignitas
AG
The correct response is "I tell you what, that F-350 that they bought your mom when you signed on is what gives them the right to talk bad about you after you leave early."

That's why it's not a fit subject for discussion.
Lateralus Ag
AG
NY Ag said:

NY Ag is a moderator. One with no Ag Tag.

Interesting choice.
Bob Harris
Why don't we put the thread about a Clemson fan bashing Fisher in the Never Rivalries forum?
FishingAggie
Bill Superman said:

This is going to definitely have an effect on football recruiting in Texas and possibly the entire football landscape in the state should it become more than just this one story/incident. It seemed like the topic of the day even for offseason Aggie football.

You'll never figure it out.
The forum police have their favorites. Cross one you get a temp ban. It's funny. If the zoo posts breaking news before prem. Lol. They delete it, post it in prem. Seen that many times.

Take texags for what it is. Good reporting by the staff.
Good info first. Mods that are biased towards their friends.

This is a business. They need the sheep for clicks. Adv dollars. Nothing wrong with creating a following.

Remember. It's free !! Use it for what you want. Get the rest elsewhere and have fun.

Try you understand it and you'll go crazy.
AG
NY Ag said:

Lighten up Francis.

You know, there's a recruiting forum, too, but I don't see the mods moving every thread that has to do with recruiting to that board. In fact, that board is on life support.
Bill Superman
AG
FishingAggie said:

Bill Superman said:

You'll never figure it out.
The premium forum police have their favorites. Cross one you get a temp ban. It's funny. If the zoo posts breaking news before prem. Lol. They delete it, post it in prem. Seen that many times.

Take prem for what it is. Good reporting by the staff.
Good info first. Mods that are biased towards their friends.

This is a business. They need the sheep for clicks. Adv dollars. Nothing wrong with creating a following.

Remember. You're paying for it. Use it for what you want. Get the rest elsewhere and have fun.

Try you understand it and you'll go crazy.

Unfortunately, I think you're on to something... Politics as usual
Al Bula
AG
Triggered zoo posters...

aggieaviator
AG
Because dumb.
coupland boy
AG
FishingAggie said:

Adios amigo

No.....adios mofo
DatTallArchitect
AG
Bill Superman said:

NY Ag said:

Is that really why? This is football related in many ways, there's plenty of discussion about sip recruiting, coaches etc around here, even a thread that's been lingering for a few weeks/months specifically about renewing the rivalry. Top football related stories that effect recruiting in the state of Texas see very relevant for discussion here
Remind me when we play them in football.... Yeah, not Aggie football related.
FishingAggie
Like I care. Lol.

That's exactly why I don't get my Agtag. I have free speech

You keep kissing that ass. Mine too!
coupland boy
AG
FishingAggie said:

Like I care. Lol.

What in the flying F are you talking about? I was just invoking a governor Perry quote and that was not directed at you.
FishingAggie
coupland boy said:

FishingAggie said:

Like I care. Lol.

What in the flying F are you talking about? I was just invoking a governor Perry quote and that was not directed at you.

Sorry. I get it now. I apologize
I get touchy about the mods.
I'm sorry.
vander54
S
It's indirectly related to Aggie football, but everything football related is. I still think the main reason it was deleted from here was the fact it is not Aggie football related.

I know the mods are big on tu stuff being kept on Old Rivalries. I think it's because it can gets out of hand and they would rather not see any on here.
coupland boy
AG
No worries.
FishingAggie
vander54 said:

It's indirectly related to Aggie football, but everything football related is. I still think the main reason it was deleted from here was the fact it is not Aggie football related.

I know the mods are big on tu stuff being kept on Old Rivalries. I think it's because it can gets out of hand and they would rather not see any on here.

Prem has a thread with 18k posts about nothing but tu tears.....

vander54
S
Last I check prem is not the zoo. Plus the reason for the thread is to try to keep things from getting out of hand.

Also there were a few threads started on this topic in Premium and if I'm not mistaken all but 1 was deleted.
Bill Superman
AG
Maybe so. It seems like they want to drive more activity to that lame board though. Sending this one there was completely unecessary. Having one there would generate a different discussion than it would here.

But back on subject if we can.

This has become a battle for the flagship football program of the state, and recruiting rivalries play directly into that. Talks from former players such as this are pretty significant and can be detrimental to recruiting abilities, especially if this kind of stuff continues.

Should we make some strides on fallbacks such as this, we can really dominate the state.
Jock 07
AG
FishingAggie said:

Adios amigo
you just crossed over the line
FishingAggie
vander54 said:

Last I check prem is not the zoo. Plus the reason for the thread is to try to keep things from getting out of hand.

Also there were a few threads started on this topic in Premium and if I'm not mistaken all but 1 was deleted.

Point remains that tu threads are allowed when paid for. Shouldn't matter which board it's on. But it does...the $ board.

I could care less. That thread is insane. Literally. The bashing of kids playing football and one -sided views aren't my style.

It shouldn't matter what board you're on. Your opinion is just that, yours. You should be able to express it. I don't agree that you have to pay to express it on texags.

Nothing is perfect. No board. No site. Nothing. Texags is pretty good. The head guys are good. The local mods , not so much. They have too much power that gets in the way. How do you fix that??

I don't have the answer. 247 is much more liberal. I don't like the language there. That's just me. You'll never find perfect.

Texags , with its problems, is the best product out there. Imo.
vander54
S
Your agrument make no sense. There are boards for a reason and each one is for something different. You don't go posting about football on the baseball board. Plus there are a ton of tu threads on the board that is designed for tu threads. It's called Old Rivalries.

Not to mention if everyone just expressed there opinion wherever and whenever this site would suck. There would be no structure and threads would be hard to follow. Plus if I wanted to find info on football I would have to dig through all the off topic threads to find what I wanted. Another reason there are separate boards for separate topics.

Premium is a hodge podge of topics and not specific like the zoo or almost all other boards. Hence the reason mods are more strict on here.
vander54
S
This does have potential to be huge for us. It all depends on how quickly it dies down. The longer it goes on the better.
AG
vander54 said:

Your agrument make no sense. There are boards for a reason and each one is for something different. You don't go posting about football on the baseball board.

But you can post all the recruiting related posts you want to on the football board without a single one being redirected to the "recruiting" board. Which, as I stated before, is dying from lack of traffic.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Exactly. If this snowballs, it could stifle Herman's recruiting class for a year. I wish the mods would have let this go, even if the policy is normally otherwise. It is one thing for one of us to post a biased opinion about why we are better than them. It is another thing when their all-american DB leaves early, even though he only ends up going in the 6th round, then trashes the HC. Something is very wrong. It might just be that the player has an attitude problem. It might be that Herman's players do not like him as much as he wants to claim.
vander54
S
This is true but I don't know if the recruiting board is for general recruiting discussions or more specific.

Also at least the recruiting info posted here is Aggie football related.
RGLAG85
AG
vander54 said:

Your agrument make no sense. There are boards for a reason and each one is for something different. You don't go posting about football on the baseball board. Plus there are a ton of tu threads on the board that is designed for tu threads. It's called Old Rivalries.

Not to mention if everyone just expressed there opinion wherever and whenever this site would suck. There would be no structure and threads would be hard to follow. Plus if I wanted to find info on football I would have to dig through all the off topic threads to find what I wanted. Another reason there are separate boards for separate topics.

Premium is a hodge podge of topics and not specific like the zoo or almost all other boards. Hence the reason mods are more strict on here.
Think about what you just said while you're reading the "both the ADs want to renew the rivalry" thread. It very much is Aggie football(Zoo) related.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.