Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Who's tougher? Mond v Starkel

6,582 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by sambaag
ffco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
zephyr88 said:

sounds like Jimbo is planning on bringing back Bucky!
McGee
Sponge
AG
Lay both QBs on a big block of ice while I whack their chests with flaming sticks. Whoever breaks first is soft.
yardwhisperer
AG
I've heard from friends on the team that Starkel looked really, really good in the spring. Blew Mond away.
ashley
Fisher was in their face mask after every play in the spring.
aggiedent
AG
Quote:

Both QBs had positive and negatives. Starkel seems better, but nothing he did truly seperated himself last season IMO.

Seriously?

His completion percentage was 8% higher than Mond. His passes averaged 44% longer than Mond. His TD to interception ration was 2.34 vs Mond's 1.34. His raw BQR was 71.2 vs Mond's 45.2. To top it off, in Starkel's last game he threw for 499 yards, with a 4 to 1 TD:INT ratio, and a 67% completion percentage.

I think he totally separated himself and it wasn't even close.

Meximan
Well Starkel is harder to spell, but Mond is easier for autocorrect to **** up.

Wait, what was the question?
koadie
AG
TyperWoods said:

IMO Mond is most of the time too cautious, which makes him hesitant and slow. Perhaps not having a backup last season caused some of that. (I'm not dissing Hubenak, but he was more injured than widely known). Hesitency implies soft.

IMO Starkel at times is too quick triggered, which leads to turnovers. And he came back within the season from a broken leg. Both imply toughness.

My guess is Starkel will start and play until he's sidelined due to turnovers or the game is out of reach, and then Mond will get his chance.

Actually think this is a good assessment of them. Don't agree if you're implying Starkel won't be reigned in a bit on forcing throws.

Eph: 2:8
sambaag
Starkel was clearly the better QB last year and has to have a leg up going into practice. There are two things about Mond however that suggests it's too early to declare a winner though:

1) the clutch gene that tatimobile alluded to &
2) though at the end of the season he still was not a good QB, at the beginning he was truly horrible. Whether it's a question of his comfort level in adjusting to a higher level game or he was simply learning though experience, Mond improved substantially as the season went on. He seems like the type of guy that could really improve coming out of his true fresh season.

Look at the habitual masturbator! See how thin, pale and haggard he appears; how his eyes are sunken; how long and cadaverous is his cast of countenance; how irritable he is and how sluggish, mentally and physically; how afraid he is to meet the eye of his fellow, feel his damp and chilling hand, so characteristic of great vital exhaustion.” Dr Henry Guernsey, Plain Talks on Avoided Subjects (1882)
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.