Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Aggie Gameday Shuttle from The Woodlands

3,798 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by LostInLA07
LostInLA07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bump

I'm reserving a sprinter van for Clemson to be sure we have something. Leave from Hughes Landing 4.5 hours before kickoff and leave from College Station 1 hour after the game ends. Cost is $41.50/person round trip. Once the first 14 seats are filled I'll need another 14 people to add another van (assuming it is still available). Going forward I hope we have enough return interest to upgrade to a bus.

Send me a PM or email woodlandsaggiebus@gmail.com for more info

---

Facebook Group - please join if you are interested

https://www.facebook.com/groups/WoodlandsAggieBus/

I am looking into chartering a shuttle bus to/from The Woodlands for Aggie football games. If there is enough interest we should be in the ~$40/person price range. Is anyone interested in this option? If so, can you please list the games you're interested in as well as the number of seats (first preference will be given to those who are in for the entire season.)

If you don't have a star and can't send or receive a message on TexAgs, please send an e-mail to woodlandsaggiebus@gmail.com.
12thmanfootball
AG
I would be very interested. Although I live in Corpus, I will be staying at a hotel near the Woodlands for every game (that I can make).

Michael Palmer Whitfield '1991

Thanks for setting this up!!!!
LostInLA07
AG
Thanks can you please send an email with your contact info so I can add you to the list and reach out when we have enough people on board to pull the trigger on this.
rkeesmith91
AG
I'm interested as well! Going to Clemson, Ole Miss, and UAB.
LostInLA07
AG
Thanks. How many seats are you wanting?
rkeesmith91
AG
If we use it 4. Probably won't need it for Clemson but possibly later. Just wanted to let you know there is interest for later in the season.
LostInLA07
AG
This is currently the leading option. Need 35 people per game to keep it around $40/person.

PlanoAg98
AG
I've been doing this for Dallas for the past 3 seasons. Our cost/person is also $40 but we need 45 to make that. A couple of tips.

• Create a Facebook group page. Much more people use Facebook than TexAgs. Plus, people can add their friends/family that might be interested.
  • Have people RSVP via PayPal. For the 1st two years, I just took down the RSVP list from TexAgs/Facebook responses and collected money once on the bus. It was frustrating the number of last minute cancellations I got. With the money collected up front via PayPal, if they cancel and I don't fill that seat with another I still keep the money. When you have exactly the # of RSVPs to meet your cost/person and then you have a couple of people cancel, you are stuck with that loss.
  • The best game day timeline I stuck with was 1) Bus arrives in CS 3 hours prior to kick off. This allows plenty of time for tailgating but not too much as you pay per hour for the bus whether it's driving or sitting. 2) Allot 4 hours for the game. 3) Allow 1 hour everyone to get back to the bus after the game ends.
  • Based upon the above and a 2 hour game day commute to/from, your trip would be 12 hours. If you've based your cost/person on less than 12 hours, you've underestimated the trip duration.
  • There's a $40 charge to park the charter bus. Make sure you factor that cost in.
  • I considered Sam's (but never booked) when starting the Dallas charter. They charge 50% at the time of booking. This is refundable if cancelled within 48 hours of the event. Believe it or not, you probably won't fill the bus real quick. Surprisingly after 3 years in operations with the Dallas charter, we don't reach the 45 minimum until within 2 weeks of the game and sometimes later. I've found people are reluctant to put their money down too early even though it's only $40/person.
  • I've found that many bus charters have buses in operation that vary from luxury to ghetto. We've had some interesting trips. I read a few things on Sam's website that would make me leary. 1) "Base vehicle costs for those listed above luxury upgrades have varying costs." 2) "Additionally, during peak season times, events including, but not limited to Homecoming, Prom, Christmas, Sporting Events are subjected to non-refundable deposits". Once you find a good charter company, stick with them.

Feel free to ask any other questions. You'll have some good and bad trips at the beginning but you'll get the hang of it. I just provided the above bullets in hopes that you avoid some of the lessons I learned. FYI. Our bus comes out to $121/hour based upon a 14 hour round trip. The company we use only has brand new buses so we don't get surprised with a ghetto one. I'd recommend looking into them (ECS Transportation Group). I think they serve Houston as well. Below are the links I have on TexAgs for this season's games.

TexAgs - Texas A&M Football Forum
TexAgs - Metroplex Forum
TexAgs - Billy Liucci's TexAgs Premium Forum
LostInLA07
AG
This is awesome. Thanks! I'll make the Facebook group tomorrow.
LostInLA07
AG
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/WoodlandsAggieBus/
LostInLA07
AG
Here are current seat counts per game. If we could possibly fill up the bus for games like Clemson and LSU I could use the extra $ from those games to still run the bus during lower demand games. No one has paid yet...once we get commitments into the 20s and there is still time left to possibly get to 40 I think it will be time to start taking payments and then I'll book the charter.

NW St- 4
Clemson- 8
ULM- 4
Kentucky- 10
Ole Miss- 6
UAB- 4
LSU- 8
LostInLA07
AG
added facebook group link:

Facebook Group - please join if you are interested

https://www.facebook.com/groups/WoodlandsAggieBus/
LostInLA07
AG
Bump.

At the $40/person price we can make something work with as few as 16 people per game. Need approx 40 for the big bus.

Email, PM or join the Facebook group if interested.
LostInLA07
AG
Bump

I'm reserving a sprinter van for Clemson to be sure we have something. Leave from Hughes Landing 4.5 hours before kickoff and leave from College Station 1 hour after the game ends. Cost is $41.50/person round trip. Once the first 14 seats are filled I'll need another 14 people to add another van (assuming it is still available). Going forward I hope we have enough return interest to upgrade to a bus.

Send me a PM or email woodlandsaggiebus@gmail.com for more info
12thmanfootball
AG
palmerwhitfield@hotmail.com, Cell# (361) 658-7598

at least 1 (sometimes 2 or 4) person for every home game that my work schedule alloys
12thmanfootball
AG
Personal Beer allowed on Bus???
LostInLA07
AG
Yes
12thmanfootball
AG
YOU THE MAN, Lost in LA.
LostInLA07
AG
Great I'll send you an email shortly about the Clemson (and other) games.
LostInLA07
AG
Weekly bump. Going to start booking other games in addition to Clemson soon.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.