Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kliff Kingsbury

30,802 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GEA89
rebelAg02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

When I read that I realize that Mike Sherman would have never started or rolled with Johnny for an entire season.

Possibly not in 2012 but Sherman might have given Johnny the structure he needed to flourish later or succeed in the NFL
BQ78
AG
Well as Lincoln once said about Grant:

Quote:

I wish some of you would tell me the brand of whiskey that Grant drinks. I would like to send a barrel of it to my other generals

Whatever he was doing in 2012, we ought to do the same for all future Aggie QBs.
ClassOf17
BQ78 said:

Well as Lincoln once said about Grant:

Quote:

I wish some of you would tell me the brand of whiskey that Grant drinks. I would like to send a barrel of it to my other generals

Whatever he was doing in 2012, we ought to do the same for all future Aggie QBs.

Kenny Trill tried that.

Johnny was just that special
Amazing Moves
Randy Cody said:

Does it really shock you at this point?
No. However I do like that stadium he built.
Buford T. Justice
AG
100% agree.
I've mentioned this to folks in conversation, and there is never any traction. Folks just want to see the flash that Manziel brought.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
hsharpag91
AG
99 Luft said:

I don't care if we have players on heroin as long as they deliver on Saturday and get us a crystal football. Call me a heartless, selfish, sellout, win-at-all-cost MFer. Guilty as charged.

I'm oddly ok with this.

After all the crap coming out around NCAAM BB I've come to believe there are just too many things going on we don't know that would and would give us all a pause.

Steroids. Who cares? Not my body (or my children) and genetically my kids will never play ball beyond HS (and I don't want them to either)

Drugs. Who cares? Whatever it takes to get you ready to play.

Winning. We all care.

Domestic violence we should all care and refrain from promoting those people who cannot control themselves as hero's.
Liquid Wrench
I think we're overestimating the number of athletes who can perform at that level while going nuts partying. Sure, you hear about it in the pros, but those are the rare elite physical freaks who can put on a show at 70% system resources.
AgPediRPh
AG
roxtar said:

"So he misses the offensive meeting, trots out to walkthrough -- Coach Sumlin (former coach Kevin Sumlin) doesn't know at this point that he's late -- goes through the walkthrough, probably, I think, still a little intoxicated at that point.

Sumlin or Johnny?
TAMU74
AG
JUST WIN BABY!!
Bodhi
AG
Oh no. Now a nfl team isn't gonna sign him
Bodhi
AG
This would all be hillarious if he won the whole thing. But he didn't. In his post heisman speech he promised to bring a natty to A&M.

Still played great in 13 but they still never even won the West.

I wonder how much he regrets declaring.
jb 00
Finally, a great discussion at the zoo!

Funny to see the missing pieces exposed for us blind people to see.

Sherman missing the gameday moxy, Sumlin missing the control, Kliff missing the recruits with talent and defense, Johnny missing the defense, Kenny missing the next level ability, Kyle missing the boat.

There is a lot more to a football game than the individual pieces. Ask Peyton Manning why he only has two rings, no heismann, no natty. The adage of "johnnies and joes will beat Xs and Os" is very, very true, to up to a certain point.

This is why I am now really excited about our future, Jimbo Fisher.
GEA89
AG
Sex Panther said:

Exactly

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.