Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

For Johnny this is a great opportunity...

4,980 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PabloSerna
Wdiss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gets to prove himself probably this year with real playing time...in the NFL he would have been fighting for a roster spot this year, let's be honest. Lots of eventual NFL QB greats made their way through the CFL, i.e., Warren Moon, Flutie, etc.

It'll be fun too seeing Manziel light up the CFL too. Hey, why not a Gray Cup this year or next??!!

Plus - a rehabilitated, successful CFL mini-career could mean a huge NFL signing in 2020...
champagnepapi
Uncle Rico made a hell of a name for himself in Alberta.
howdy2u
AG
Go, Johnny, go!

And be good.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
CFL?
Psssht please.
- VInce Young
oysterbayAG
AG
From Lake Erie to Lake Ontario, Good Luck Johnny, light up the CFL and put the Tiger Cats on the map !
Canyon99
Flutie is an NFL great? No.
stetson
AG
+Warner
67walkon
All you haters prepare for crow
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Canyon99 said:

Flutie is an NFL great? No.

The guy did some pretty great things though.
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
Emilio Fantastico
AG
stetson said:

+Warner

Warner played arena football, not CFL.
txaginpa
AG
Warren Moon says hello...
Amazing Moves
He will have a great Canadian career if he stays out of trouble. Johnny is not an NFL QB.
Seven Costanza
AG
agz win
AG
Great video. Thanks for posting.
champagnepapi
Amazing Moves said:

He will have a great Canadian career if he stays out of trouble. Johnny is not an NFL QB.

Shut up!
500,000ags
AG

We all have some blinders on because Manziel went to A&M. Most people saw the 'lucky' win versus Alabama and the "one big win" versus OU. People around me that didn't go to A&M will literally say they 'hate" or "can't stand" Manziel. Then, I'll ask did you ever see him play? 8 times out of 10, the answer is no or they saw one of the two games I mentioned above.

JFF in the CFL is going to be great for every one who actually knows he has an unique skillset on the field.
PatAg
AG
500,000ags said:

We all have some blinders on because Manziel went to A&M. Most people saw the 'lucky' win versus Alabama and the "one big win" versus OU. People around me that didn't go to A&M will literally say they 'hate" or "can't stand" Manziel. Then, I'll ask did you ever see him play? 8 times out of 10, the answer is no or they saw one of the two games I mentioned above.

JFF in the CFL is going to be great for every one who actually knows he has an unique skillset on the field.
You must know a lot of people that don't watch college football, or are liars. Everyone that follows ANY team in college football, saw Johnny Manziel play. Even if they hated him, they admitted he was good.
PatAg
AG
Seven Costanza said:

put in work on the playbook
Aggie12B
AG
This is a great opportunity for Johnny Football! I HOPE he takes care of business ON and OFF the field and proves all his doubters wrong. GOOD LUCK and GIG'EM!
chevy con queso
AG
This is my experience. A lot of Aggie haters at that time would say how much they don't like A&M, and in the same sentence say it's too entertaining to not see him play.
eAGer
AG
Tim Hortons on the Jersey?! Isn't that where that crazy broad flung her poo?!
NathanChristie
AG
PatAg said:

500,000ags said:

You must know a lot of people that don't watch college football, or are liars. Everyone that follows ANY team in college football, saw Johnny Manziel play. Even if they hated him, they admitted he was good.
Lot of his critics even while JFF was still at A&M were blowing smoke out of their anal sphincters. Did you not hear those blowhard pundits say that he would tank in his sophomore year? Or that all he does is run around like a chicken with it's head cut off?

The hardcore fans of CFB know he was good, even the haters. But Johnny probably had the biggest casual fan/hater base in 2012-2015.

It almost sounded like the only exposure to Johnny these casual types had was the highlight reels, where they over represent his scrambling plays. When I tell them that he had almost 8000 passing yards in 2 years and a 69% completion rate, most of them think I'm lying. Some didn't even know if those numbers are good or not.

On a related note, I once had a discussion with my colleagues a few years ago (2014 I think) about who is the most recognizable sport figure, past or present, in the world. Some big names brought up were Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Ronaldo, Ronaldo, Messi, Pele, Maradonna, etc. We couldn't come to an agreement.

We did agree that, at the moment in the US, it was Johnny Manziel.
Dallas82
PatAg said:

Seven Costanza said:

put in work on the playbook
Nice to know he has finally discovered what a playbook is. Wish him the best.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

stetson said:

+Warner

Warner played arena football, not CFL.
Arena is 10x worse than CFL, I mean seriously Arena is a joke. So if he could make it out of Arena, Manziel can make it out of CFL if he is consistently successful.
AGGies0311
Great video..

He definitely has changed for the better and is perfecting his craft.
12thmanfootball
AG
I personally would like to see Johnny break every single passing/running stat for a QB and the wins stat for a player in the CFL. I think it fits his game better than the NFL.

Plus, I am beginning to hate the entitled NFL kneeling thugs and a league which pays it commisioner so much.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Gig'em, John.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Amazing Moves said:

Still the last QB to play an entire game and actually win it for the Browns. They had 2 QB's in their 2016 win over the Chargers. Despite all of his problems at the time, he was actually fairly successful by Browns standards. He definitely has NFL potential.
Tamu_mgm
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Amazing Moves said:

Still the last QB to play an entire game and actually win it for the Browns. They had 2 QB's in their 2016 win over the Chargers. Despite all of his problems at the time, he was actually fairly successful by Browns standards. He definitely has NFL potential.
Absolutely he does. Talent was never ever the issue despite what blowhards on ESPN or NFL network said or say. Johnny can make all the throws and read defenses. The primary issue by far was between the ears maturity-wise and here's to hoping he continues down the right path.
PabloSerna
AG
Johnny has the instincts and the ability to extend a play that many NFL QB starters do not have. Size doesn't matter when he can escape the pocket and create. That is what will keep the NFL interested. At 27 he will still have a good 5-7 years ahead of him. As most have alluded to, it is his off field issues that have limited his pro football opportunities. Those saying he is not NFL caliper lack common football IQ.

Go Johnny!

+GIG'EM!!!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.