Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

How does the Royal Canadien Foofball League work??

3,953 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Born Maroon
Wdiss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I heard there are 11 downs and that there are 28 people in the field and that the field is the size of the dark side of the moon and that all offensive players can be in motion when the ball is snapped and that the ball itself is shaped like a basketball and is as big as a basketball and Royal Mounties accompany players as they get early morning coffees at Tim Hortons and that all the referees have "flappy heads" and that players coat their chapped lips with maple syrup and Rush's Tom Sawyer is the entrance "jam" for every single CFL team since 1978...

Any truth to this??
Canyon99
Hosers everywhere
Azariah
AG
Vicious hits followed by, "Soorry"
CoolAggie
AG
When reviewing stats, you must convert from Canadian yards to American yards. I think right now one Canadian yard is .75 American yard.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
I believe they heavily rotate Justin Bieber, Alanis Morrissette and Celine Dion to sing Oh, Canada before kickoffs.

You know, so they still feel like they're contributing to something.

Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
Spacebob
AG

Posted without comment
ashley
They give you your money back if you watch the whole game.
Sex Panther
AG
Spacebob said:

Posted without comment

I went to Canada for a bachelor party and we played this song about a hundred times
C Loves L
Dounchoo knoow?
Meximan
Sponge
AG
The whole league is just a scam to make canadough.
ELGINAG
AG
They treat curling just like it's a real sport.
PigInABlanket
AG
What is this thread aboot?
TyperWoods
Back in the early days of ESiPN, it broadcast the CFL all the time. Shreveport even had a team in the Canadian league for a season or two.

They use metric yards, and it's more of a passing league because they also use metric downs also if I remember correctly.

It's closer to the NFL than Australian Rules Football is.
texancanuck11
I don't know if I belong in this thread...

Little known fact, but the Grey Cup (cfl's Lombardi trophy) is actually full of maple syrup
texancanuck11
You'll also hear ads like "this offensive line brought to you by poutine".
aggiejim70
AG
Of all the differences, between Canadian and NFL football, three downs, 150 yard field, goal posts on the goal line, 12 men on a team, the one I think will help JFF the most is the fact you can put your receivers in motion toward the line of scrimmage. Can you imagine Kirk lined up twenty yards in the backfield, and have a full head of steam when he crosses the line of scrimmage just after the ball is snapped.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Showstopper
AG
texancanuck11 said:

You'll also hear ads like "this offensive line brought to you by poutine".
we should import poutine. Fries = good. Cheese = good. Gravy = good.

Bottle of crown, some poutine, and some Johnny Football sounds like a good night to me, eh hosers.
Hop Sing
Seems we have many Cliff Clavin wannabes on this thread.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
TexAgs is not your personal google
terata
AG
Canuck Football is grown men playing sandlot sports.
Wdiss
How will an improvisational wunderkind spread QB like Johnny do in Canadien football, though?? Will his game translate??
BVAg85
AG
I had a friend from Toronto when I was at a&m and went there one summer before school started up again. We went to an Argonaut game. The fans were into it and it was kind of fun.
Seven Costanza
AG
There are some strange rules regarding kicking the ball and touchbacks. As far as I can tell, if you punt the ball into the endzone and recover it, you score. If the receiving team catches the ball in the endzone and then gets tackled before getting out of the endzone, then the punting team gets a point. It creates weird situations like this:

TX scallywAG
AG
Seven Costanza said:

There are some strange rules regarding kicking the ball and touchbacks. As far as I can tell, if you punt the ball into the endzone and recover it, you score. If the receiving team catches the ball in the endzone and then gets tackled before getting out of the endzone, then the punting team gets a point. It creates weird situations like this:

... trying to justify the term football.. eh?
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
TexanJeff
AG
Seven Costanza said:

That is the craziest football thing i have ever seen.
Born Maroon
AG
For one thing, they play on Saturdays.

You cannot properly appreciate the Canadian game without watching at least 4 seasons of Trailer Park Boys and downing a bottle of Skreetch.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.