Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Winner Announced for Crazy Sports Parents Contest

5,373 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Predmid
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Congrats to Kjodie - you're the winner! Just reply to suzanne@texags.com to claim your prize.

Ever attended a youth soccer tournament or a pop-warner football practice where there's that one parent that takes things a little far? Well as #BCSTX gears up for a summer full of youth sporting events, we wanted to take a moment to recognize a few of "those" parents that will forever be a part of youth sports history.

Share your crazy sports parent story (maybe it's you?) and be entered to win an Amazon Echo Dot courtesy of BCS Sports + Events!

The Award for Biggest Supporter: Joseph Cordes, hockey dad and definition of #1 Fan, was caught shining a laser pointer into the eyes of his daughter's opposing goalie during an amateur hockey match in Winthrop, Massachusetts. His unwavering support led to a disturbance of the peace charge but we're still not sure if his punishment was an eye for an eye.
The Award for Best Sportsmanship: Martin Tremblay, Vancouver hockey instructor and upstanding citizen, intentionally tripped and injured a 13 year old boy within the handshake line at the end of a hockey game. After serving a 15 day jail sentence on 2 accounts of assault, losing key partners to his business and tarnishing his personal reputation; Martin Tremblay seemingly had trouble getting back on his feet.
The Role Model Award: Timothy Lee Forbes, basketball dad and casual cannibal, bit off a significant portion of a coach's ear after Forbes' son lost a 6th grade Catholic League Championship. His alternative parenting techniques were game changing to say the least but unfortunately for Forbes' he bit off more than he could chew as he was eventually served 4 years of jail time.

While we can't control the behaviors of parents, we'd like to invite you to attend all youth sporting events in #BCSTX this summer. Below is the 2018 Summer Youth Sports Events Schedule.

Great American Shootout (June 8-10th)

IFA-VTD Senior Summer Nationals and Texas State Championships (June 8-10th & June 15-17th)

Primetime Sports 7-on-7 Tournament of Champions (June 23-24)

Adidas Texas State 7-on-7 Championships (June 28-30)

AQHA Youth World Cup (June 28 - July 8th)

AJGA Junior All-Star (July 8-12th)

TAAF Summer Games of Texas (July 26-29)
FishingAggie
Watched two guys fight on the football field over a pewee football league game. Made national news

Coach and referee. Back in 2006. Watching a friend's kid play in the super bowl -pewee league. Funny stuff.

Corpus Christi. Can't post link as I'm technology challenged.
NoahAg
Kevin Murray.
Rocagnante
AG

I was at this game. It was unreal watching it unfold. My daughter was a cheerleader on same side of the field as the melee, but fortunately on the other side of the 50 so not in harms way.
AG
FishingAggie said:

Watched two guys fight on the football field over a pewee football league game. Made national news

Coach and referee. Back in 2006. Watching a friend's kid play in the super bowl -pewee league. Funny stuff.

Corpus Christi. Can't post link as I'm technology challenged.

I know the coach. I coached with him a couple of years later in Houston. Dude is nuts.
Buford T. Justice
AG
That's pathetic.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
Post removed:
by user
bigjag19
AG
Only coach I've ever ejected in football was in peewee.

He was out on the numbers yelling at me. Flagged him. He then made it personal. 2nd flag and he's out.

The next week I was banned from the entire league, as apparently he was on the board. I wasn't looking out for player safety.
Deputy Travis Junior
This guy keeps getting drunk and picking fights at little league baseball games. Who knows how many times he's been arrested?

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/104435/fort-collins-cant-play-music-montage
arontc09
AG
My 5+ Soccer coach got ejected for screaming in the face of the referee over a call ... twice. Also, we lost every game anyway; I don't know why he acted like the call would make a difference.
AG1996
Spent quite a bit of time in LL on the Board and as President. (a very strong LL) We would let our coaches/parents know that if they threaten an umpire they are done as a coach, no longer allowed to coach in our league, removed from the park for the season, and they will get to spend that night in jail. State law protects all umpires, game officials, and even board members for leagues from these type of threats. We were blessed to have a waiting list of coaches, so it made enforcement easy. In the 10 years I was involved this was enforced once.
Predmid
AG
I ref'ed youth soccer a couple years. The worst and I mean worst games to ref are the I think the U-12 groups, as its the first year that offside rules are enforced. I had a father who clearly did not understand the rule yell all sorts of creative obscenities at me and the linesman on the parents side every time his precious snowflake was called for being offside. It wasn't even close. The coach had him parked by the goalie and never ran back with the defenders.

At several points in the game, I talked to the coach & the kid telling them that he needs to run back and be on the other side of the defenders to not be offsides. The worst eye roll & quietest 'whatever' was the only response.

At halftime, I had a little 'coaching' session with the parents from both sides and the coaches as everyone was just getting madder and madder at all the whistles. I tried to explain offsides, why it is called, how to not be offsides, and to please cut back on the obscenities.

You can imagine how well that went.

A fresh round of curses, furious anger, and ignorant indignation from the father in question. I gave him his official warning and that any further aggression will be met with his removal from the premise until the game is complete.

Second half starts. I don't think it was 4 minutes in and yet again we see little Aiden parked out by the goalie trying to run up on a long ball and contest the play from a clearly off-sides position. I blow the whistle and the father escalated his tirade with threats of violence. I stopped the game and instructed the coach that the parent had to be removed immediately or the game will end in forfeit.

After being told he had to leave, he lost his ******* mind. He charged the field wielding a folding chair and ran straight at me. Luckily, I was much faster than him and kept him at bay as other parents and coaches restrained him.

Game more or less ended on the spot and in the chaos and confusion he was arrested. In the end, if I recall correctly, he was banned for life from all further games.

I had a new rule for myself every time I ref'ed at that level again in that I would pull all, and I mean ALL the parents aside and explain the rule. More often than not, I had a couple parents have that moment of enlightenment of what offsides really is.
Tudster
AG
I coached my 6 year old's Small Fry flag football team over the winter. At that age, the coaches are the QBs unless the score gets out of hand and the team can decide to let one of the boys play QB. We played a team midway through the season and the dad/coach was so over the top with his touchdown celebrations that several coaches from different teams and parents filed complaints with the league. I'm talking about flying chest bumps with his assistants, pelvic thrusts, and violent high fives. Not to mention "Woooooooooos" that would make Rick Flair blush. Unbelievable. He was dropping dimes on 6 year olds. Let that sink in...
The Collective
AG
DogCo84
AG
I've reffed football at the semi-pro, HS and MS levels here in Texas. PeeWee/Pop Warner pays decently, but has to be the worst environment for most who do officiate those games. For me, middle school has generally been the worst.

I actually had to eject a fan from the stands at a MS game. Some jerk was dropping F-bombs from the bleachers--that were audible at mid-field. I stopped the game, found the administrator, and told her we wouldn't be continuing the game until the offender was removed by their resource cop.

Fun times!
Cromagnum
AG
Predmid said:

I ref'ed youth soccer a couple years. The worst and I mean worst games to ref are the I think the U-12 groups, as its the first year that offside rules are enforced. I had a father who clearly did not understand the rule yell all sorts of creative obscenities at me and the linesman on the parents side every time his precious snowflake was called for being offside. It wasn't even close. The coach had him parked by the goalie and never ran back with the defenders.

At several points in the game, I talked to the coach & the kid telling them that he needs to run back and be on the other side of the defenders to not be offsides. The worst eye roll & quietest 'whatever' was the only response.

At halftime, I had a little 'coaching' session with the parents from both sides and the coaches as everyone was just getting madder and madder at all the whistles. I tried to explain offsides, why it is called, how to not be offsides, and to please cut back on the obscenities.

You can imagine how well that went.

A fresh round of curses, furious anger, and ignorant indignation from the father in question. I gave him his official warning and that any further aggression will be met with his removal from the premise until the game is complete.

Second half starts. I don't think it was 4 minutes in and yet again we see little Aiden parked out by the goalie trying to run up on a long ball and contest the play from a clearly off-sides position. I blow the whistle and the father escalated his tirade with threats of violence. I stopped the game and instructed the coach that the parent had to be removed immediately or the game will end in forfeit.

After being told he had to leave, he lost his ******* mind. He charged the field wielding a folding chair and ran straight at me. Luckily, I was much faster than him and kept him at bay as other parents and coaches restrained him.

Game more or less ended on the spot and in the chaos and confusion he was arrested. In the end, if I recall correctly, he was banned for life from all further games.

I had a new rule for myself every time I ref'ed at that level again in that I would pull all, and I mean ALL the parents aside and explain the rule. More often than not, I had a couple parents have that moment of enlightenment of what offsides really is.

To be fair it is a stupid rule and would make soccer way more interesting to watch if they got rid of it.
Predmid
AG
Same for Football. Why not let Wide Receivers start in the end zone on a play. And defensive linemen in the backfield. It would make the game so much more interesting.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.