Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

All is quiet on the Manziel Front

8,265 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DeckMe80
aggie_fan13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
what happened ?
Schrute Farms
Pats were the only NFL team serious about Johnny. They drafted Danny Etling (?) and ended Johnny's pro interest.

The QB on Johnny's Spring League team, Cody Keith, just received a work out. He played in the CFL last year and has more tape. Johnny to CFL seems like the most logical next step.
TexanJeff
AG
Johnny to CFL
lonestarr54
Haven't the CFL players already reported to camp? Is it too late for Johnny to join the CFL for this upcoming season? If not, how much longer does he have?
Burnsey
AG
Wait one minute! I bought a Comeback SZN shirt, so this ain't over Johnny! I expect a comeback szn! Get your ass on an NFL team, quick, even if it's the Jets!
aggie_fan13
AG
Damn you know it's over when champagnepapi says so
Pioneer
Arena league?
ClassOf17
champagnepapi said:

He's done.

Ho lee chit
BattleCattle
Battle Cattle wonders if "CZN" isn't a better misspelling of "season" than "SZN."
jja79
AG
Yes they're in camp. 2 weeks of exhibition games start in 2 weeks.
zephyr88
AG
champagnepapi said:

He's done.
Worst post EVER by Champagnepapi...
zephyr88
AG
jja79 said:

Yes they're in camp. 2 weeks of exhibition games start in 2 weeks.
There's still time...
Rookie Camp started 05/16
Training Camp Opens 05/20

CFL Key Dates

Camp opens w/ 1st practice on Sunday, May 20th at 9:30 AM (Hamilton time).

Practice Schedule
Cancelled
AG
He had his chance and he blew it. Sorry.

Edit for: greatest CFB player I've ever seen, but time to move on.
Buford T. Justice
AG
If anyone in the NFL is going to take him, I believe that it will be the Saints, for the purpose of taking over for Drew Brees. But....it doesn't look like that the timing is going to work out.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
Aggie_2463
AG
You know you've hit rock bottom when Danny Etling takes your spot on the Patriots.
jja79
AG
It was only his spot on Texags.
Wheelsmid
AG
Does he really want to play football?
Liquid Wrench
If he's at some CFL camp next week, then yes. If not, then no.
Agsgirl
Pioneer said:

Arena league?
XFL
TheWoodsAg
AG
So you're telling me NFL teams don't want a QB who hasn't played a down of meaningful football in 2 years and has had issues with personal conduct and drug use in their off-season program spending a lot of time with their young players in the middle of the summer while they have copious amounts of free time on their hands?

SHOCKER!

Go to the CFL. Prove that you can play the game again and stay sober. See if you can get invited to a camp in 2019 or 2020.

Meanwhile Trevor Knight was getting a try out yesterday......amazing how far reputation and conduct will get you in this world.

emtes
AG
Wondering the same thing since he's not even posting work outs or anything any more.
Cancelled
AG
I don't know much about bipolar, but I have a friend with it. She simply cannot function. She's been homeless, addicted to crack and meth. Once on her meds, she thinks she's fine and gets off them.

I hate that he's dealing with this *****
Veggie Burger
Schrute Farms said:

Pats were the only NFL team serious about Johnny. They drafted Danny Etling (?) and ended Johnny's pro interest.

The QB on Johnny's Spring League team, Cody Keith, just received a work out. He played in the CFL last year and has more tape. Johnny to CFL seems like the most logical next step.
Danny Etling didn't take Manzeil's spot. He was a 7th round pick, and will almost certainly cut him. If they wanted Johnny before, they still do.
Schrute Farms
Veggie Burger said:

Schrute Farms said:

Danny Etling didn't take Manzeil's spot. He was a 7th round pick, and will almost certainly cut him. If they wanted Johnny before, they still do.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tamu-football/report-new-england-patriots-no-longer-considering-signing-johnny-manziel/
Veggie Burger
Wheelsmid said:

Does he really want to play football?
Yes - he does.
Veggie Burger
Schrute Farms said:

Veggie Burger said:

Schrute Farms said:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tamu-football/report-new-england-patriots-no-longer-considering-signing-johnny-manziel/
Typical clickbait trash from sds. They just quoted some random espn guy's opinion.
Veggie Burger
queso1 said:

I dont understand this mindset. He has turned everything around, and he will get a second chance. I think its good for us to rally around Johnny and support him.
emtes
AG
did New England really even want him?
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Johnny to the CFL just to sell tickets. He can use this opportunity to further his NFL dreams but he has to prove that he is serious.

Biological clock is ticking and he is not getting any younger.
Cancelled
AG
Veggie Burger said:

queso1 said:

I dont understand this mindset. He has turned everything around, and he will get a second chance. I think its good for us to rally around Johnny and support him.
Has he really turned everything around? I hope so.

And, I don't mean "move on" in the sense that we should abandon him.
Boo Weekley
I just hope he stays healthy and has a good life. It is hard to imagine him ever playing at the top level again personally, but I would never count him out completely. Hope he keeps grinding and shows improvement for next year. He's still young and we know he has more skill than numerous QB's in the league...at least non-starting ones.
aggie_fan13
AG
I know bipolar is hard to deal with (runs in the family) best of luck to him and whatever he decided to do in the future
TX scallywAG
AG
Agsgirl said:

Pioneer said:

Arena league?
XFL

I was thinking XFL to WWE transition personally.
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
SeattleAgJr
emtes said:

did New England really even want him?
no. they have an actual quarterback.
jja79
AG
But I think there's a new shipment of hoodies about to arrive.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.