Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Looking for Info/Tips for a football weekend in College Station

1,978 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mostly Sunny Disposition
1825Dukes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In need of recommendations on best eats, bars, tailgate spots (where/when), etc. that A&M has to offer. First time visiting so looking for the inside scoop and figured the forums would have it. Coming to town for the Clemson game (Not a Tigers fans just big CFB fan). Any and all info welcome on what to do from when we get in for lunch Friday, to when the hangover hits Sunday, just looking for the best way to spend a weekend in College Station! Thanks for the help!

(Sorry if this isn't the right place to leave this but figured I'd give it a go.)
randy828
AG
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2890719/replies/50008109
Meximan
Northgate for the party, Kyle for the game, Northgate for the hangover.
champagnepapi
1825Dukes said:

In need of recommendations on best eats, bars, tailgate spots (where/when), etc. that A&M has to offer. First time visiting so looking for the inside scoop and figured the forums would have it. Coming to town for the Clemson game (Not a Tigers fans just big CFB fan). Any and all info welcome on what to do from when we get in for lunch Friday, to when the hangover hits Sunday, just looking for the best way to spend a weekend in College Station! Thanks for the help!

(Sorry if this isn't the right place to leave this but figured I'd give it a go.)
Tell us a little about yourself, so we can cater to your needs.

We are a really nice fan base who welcomes away teams to beat us at Kyle Field. We will thank you for the Loss on your way out the stadium too!
yardwhisperer
AG
Mad Taco. You won't regret it.
Cancelled
AG
yardwhisperer said:

Mad Taco. You won't regret it.

Meh. Torchies is far better.
dixichkn
AG
If a pitcher at the Chicken, a Koppe Bridge burger and some Fuego tacos are not all included at some point of the weekend, you're doing it wrong.

That's all I've got. Y'all carry on.
1825Dukes
My buddies and I are flying into Houston Friday morning and then will head straight up for lunch. Will definitely be at the midnight yell Friday night. We're all single guys in our mid-20s so we will try to keep up with the crowds at Northgate afterwards.

Saturday we will be up and at it early to get the full tailgate experience. Where all should we check out? And what time does the fun start? We don't know anyone from A&M so we will be bouncing around all day.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
You can crash our tailgate party at Reed Arena. We are on the Southwest side of Reed by the old softball field. IMO, West Campus is the best place to tailgate. Certainly the rowdiest. I'm not in my mid 20s (I'm 36), but I still act like I am on gamedays...

We will be out there at sun up, and assuming this game kicks off at 6 pm or 8 pm, it will be a 12 hour affair.

Shoot me a PM and I'll send you my info.

As for bars, Northgate has 30-40 bars and a smattering of restaurants mixed in. It's all in a 4 block area on the northside of campus. There's a mix of bars that would suit all types.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.