Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bama to Play Horns

16,146 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ft Worth Ag
SpiderM85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WOW,

ESPN - Bama to play tu in home and home 2022-23

Wake up Ags, we need to be rolling tu every year in a home and home, bring back bonfire to campus

BTHO tu
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Bama just made a terrible business decision. /s

I'm sure it will be fun to watch though. Which is the point of football.
PabloSerna
AG
Thought they didn't room on their schedule for an SEC team?? Figures, they see how weak the B12 is and goes full ****** and schedules 'Bama. Love it!

+GIG'EM!

HBCanine08
AG
Random question, assuming your user name is your name: Any relation to Adela "Della" from San Antonio and passed away in Houston?
Picard
AG
I will enjoy the additional guaranteed loss on tu's record those years

agnerd
AG
If you're going to get beat anyway, might as well get beat by the best team so that the loss doesn't look so bad. Home loss to Bama looks much better on your schedule than a loss to Maryland.
Ags4DaWin
While it would it be fun to watch Saban hand Herman his balls in a bag every year, losing 55-0 is gonna get old especially for the horns real quick. After the first few routes I don't anticipate the horns or Bama wanting to make this a regular thing. The horns are fair weather fans and will not tune in to the game after the first few trumpings and the game will get relegated to one of the ESPN affiliates or the SEC or Horn networks.
PMD03
AG
How will the refs know which team to favor?
Ags4DaWin
PMD03 said:

How will the refs know which team to favor?

Interesting question: so the game will go one of two ways.

1) Flag on every down, alternating between the sips and the tide. The team who runs the last play wins the game via assessedbpenalty yardage.
2) No flags all game. Bama wins because starting I. The second quarter the sips have to start putting WR's and CB's on the line of scrimmage because they didn't recruit enough linemen.
chipotle
I wonder who will be coaching utAustin by then.
JustisWalkert
AG
I could see 77-0 happening.
ironmanag
AG
t.u. Had to schedule bama because they are getting hammered in recruiting over the weakness of the Big XIi. They tried to schedule LSU and Mizzou and they said no.

Us scheduling them helps them and does nothing for us.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Raptor
AG
Saban won't be at Bama in 2022.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Ag4coal
Raptor said:

Unfortunately, for this specific situation, you're probably right.
Bone6

Quote:

THEN WHY WOULD ALABAMA SCHEDULE THEM !??!?

Fisher is a recruiting game changer, but t.u. will always be a thorn in recruiting. Herman had a good class last year. The media will always rank t.u. higher than they should actually be, which helps them in recruiting.

We need to show recruits how good we are and how good t.u. is every November. It's a different era now.
John Francis Donaghy
If Bama is still rolling in 2 or 3 years like they are now, Texas will find an excuse to back out of the game and replace them with a marquee team on a downswing.
jja79
AG
ironmanag said:

t.u. Had to schedule bama because they are getting hammered in recruiting over the weakness of the Big XIi. They tried to schedule LSU and Mizzou and they said no.

They play LSU in 2019 and 2020.
P.U.T.U
AG
Bama is all for this to get more exposure in Texas. Texas probably thinks they will have things turned around by then
Ezra
AG
Seems like they're trying to keep up in recruiting. When Aggie coaches can use the line, "We play LSU and Bama," the sips haven't been able to counter it. Now they can. Also helps our conference mates get an extra game in Texas. This isn't good for us. Hopefully they'll get their teeth kicked in.
Ag1985
tu trying to pretend they're in the SEC
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
You guys realize this is 4-5 years from now, right? This won't be Charlie Strong's horns playing Saban's Tide. It won't be 77-0 or even 59-0.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Ag4coal said:

Raptor said:

Unfortunately, for this specific situation, you're probably right.
Why do you say "unfortunately" when we're the ones who have to play Bama every year in a conference game that actually means something.
doc99
AG
Dabo Swinney's Bama team will be favored over whoever is coaching tu by the time these two games roll around.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

tu trying to pretend they're in the SEC
kinda like our record in the SEC West the past few years.
schmellba99
AG
Bone6 said:

Quote:

Fisher is a recruiting game changer, but t.u. will always be a thorn in recruiting. Herman had a good class last year. The media will always rank t.u. higher than they should actually be, which helps them in recruiting.

We need to show recruits how good we are and how good t.u. is every November. It's a different era now.
Because it works for Alabama:

1. More exposure in Texas, helps their recruiting
2. Even though t.u. isn't much to speak of in terms of quality opponent, they still have a better draw than Southeastern Alabama State or whichever of the small directional schools that Alabama plays every year.
3. I'm assuming this is going to be towards the beginning of the season, so it's going to be hyped up as two storied programs meeting to get the season started. Except odds are its going to be one powerhouse against a has been.

Just because we are in the SEC doesn't mean that we have the same outlook as other schools. We still don't need to play those jotos west of us, they still need to wallow and getting curb stomped to start the season by Alabama will help us assuming we are a much better team by then than we are now.
dBoy99
AG
Those will be great games. Just like the recent home/home series we had with Oregon, FSU, and Michigan. All 3 were exciting series that brought great attention to the programs involved. Great move by bama and the sips.
Bayside Tiger Ag
This is only good for Bama, not Texas. I'll enjoy watching this not be a contest for Bama. This will be a practice scrimmage for them.

Horns will get blown out in Austin.
Just like my blue devils will get blown out when they play Bama to open the 2019 season.
ottc777
BlueDeviledAg said:

This is only good for Bama, not Texas. I'll enjoy watching this not be a contest for Bama. This will be a practice scrimmage for them.

Horns will get blown out in Austin.
Just like my blue devils will get blown out when they play Bama to open the 2019 season.
you forget that longhorns don't care so much about what happens on the field. They'll be puffing their chest out until then because they'll get to play Bama. The day will come, they will lose, then they'll start talking about next year. The day will come, they will lose. Then they'll talk about their next ooc opponent.
Bayside Tiger Ag
In my mind, the horns are on the precipice of falling into perpetual irrelevance, while we're doing the opposite.

Horns continue trying to salvage whatever they can in their downward trend.

Watching their bowl game last year against in Mizzou, even in the win, was all we needed to see how far they have fallen.
JonSnow
Smart move for both schools. Herman can use as a recruiting tool to say they play the best of the best and counter conference arguements. It wiill be an over-hyped game that will bring Gameday to Austin. Bama gets more Texas exposure and probably an easy win over a known opponent that will get them more credit than it probably deserves.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
schmellba99 said:

Bone6 said:

Quote:

Because it works for Alabama:

1. More exposure in Texas, helps their recruiting

They have 5 national championships in the last decade. They are recruiting in Texas just fine.

2. Even though t.u. isn't much to speak of in terms of quality opponent, they still have a better draw than Southeastern Alabama State or whichever of the small directional schools that Alabama plays every year.

just like if we scheduled tu.

3. I'm assuming this is going to be towards the beginning of the season, so it's going to be hyped up as two storied programs meeting to get the season started. Except odds are its going to be one powerhouse against a has been.

I can practically guarantee you that Texas will be ranked in the Top 25 at the beginning of the season, just as they usually are every single year regardless of the logic behind it. It's going to be a quality win for Bama either way. Just like it would be for us.

Just because we are in the SEC doesn't mean that we have the same outlook as other schools. We still don't need to play those jotos west of us, they still need to wallow and getting curb stomped to start the season by Alabama will help us assuming we are a much better team by then than we are now.

Texas losing to Bama doesn't help us at all. It doesn't hurt our recruiting any more than Bama being the best team in CFB usually does. What would help our recruiting would bearing our in state rival.
LEJ
JIMBO FISHER will be here in 2022. That's all I'm excited about.
BTKAG97
AG
Good for Bama.

Still no need for Texas A&M to play them.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
BTKAG97 said:

Good for Bama.

Still no need for Texas A&M to play them.

There isn't a need to play football at all. We do it because it's fun. And playing your rival is guaranteed to be a more fun game than most others you play.
BTKAG97
AG
And I hope Bama was smart and scheduled the 2022 game as a home game, becasue we all know after the arse-whooping they hand out that year t.u. will cancel the 2023 game.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.