Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The most bizarre season in Aggie football history( off-season fun)

2,494 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
maroongoon95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would have to go with the 2011 season where we had lost several games after being ahead by it seems like 20 plus at half, the 2 OT losses (especially the k-state loss) , the TU loss after we dominated the whole whole game except that one last drive where they were able to kick the winning FG, the firing of Sherman, and most importantly we probably had one of the most talented rosters in the nation! very bizarre! A close second would be the 1967 season where we lose the first 4 ( some really bad), then win out and win the SWC championship.
GarryowenAg
AG
Why do you have to bring 2011 up? That year has been burned into my memory for all of eternity.
TexanJeff
AG
That season wasn't Bizarre?

It was a 3 month long GUT punch.

DrZ
AG
Bizarre???? Is a poor choice of words. Hurricane game was bizarre. Shreveport in the snow was bizarre.
2011 was as young Jeffery stated a gut punch.
wisdom
AG
Yes. The 2011 OT game against K-State. A HORRIBLE play calling decision. In OT, the Aggies with the ball first in this OT period (obviously game tied at this point), Aggies with the ball 4th & 1 at the K-State 3 yard line. Coach elects to kick the field goal, and then the possession goes over to K-State.
REALLY ?? What better chance is there to make a play? 3 yards for a touchdown, and failing that, 1 yard for a fresh set of downs. Of course, there is no guarantee the Offense will make a touchdown, or the 1st down. But, gaining 1 yard by the Offense is more likely than holding the opposition to just a field goal.
The game of football is all about making plays, and this situation served up the best opportunity to make a play.
Tamu_mgm
AG
wisdom said:

Yes. The 2011 OT game against K-State. A HORRIBLE play calling decision. In OT, the Aggies with the ball first in this OT period (obviously game tied at this point), Aggies with the ball 4th & 1 at the K-State 3 yard line. Coach elects to kick the field goal, and then the possession goes over to K-State.
REALLY ?? What better chance is there to make a play? 3 yards for a touchdown, and failing that, 1 yard for a fresh set of downs. Of course, there is no guarantee the Offense will make a touchdown, or the 1st down. But, gaining 1 yard by the Offense is more likely than holding the opposition to just a field goal.
The game of football is all about making plays, and this situation served up the best opportunity to make a play.

There were a whole lot of worse / questionable calls in that game that led to it even being an OT game when it shouldn't have been. We should've beaten K-state by 10+ that day.
Cancelled
AG
I think the virtual repeat of 14,15,16 and 17 was bizarre.
W
AG
that was another game where a Tannehill interception changed all the momentum
W
AG
I would nominate the 1996 season. Loaded with NFL talent and underachieved all season via one killer mistake after another. Lost a bunch of close games with mind-numbing turnovers and secondary breakdowns
oklacityag75
AG
1967 From starting 0-4 to win out including being the 1968 Cotton Bowl Champions beating The Bear, The Snake, and "bama !!!!
MD20/20
AG
I would nominate 1988. After the roller coaster of Bellard and Tom Wilson, Jackie turned us into a powerhouse. After 3 straight Cotton Bowls we have all the NCAA garbage hanging over us, Alabama is scared of a hurricane that never comes, lose a couple out-of-conf games badly, come back and almost run the table on the SWC, beat tu in a wild game in Austin then the Hurricane bowl. Then Jackie leaves.
I will admit I still carry alot of resentment for some d-bags at DMN and ch 8 in Dallas.
Cooter Brown is my designated driver.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Was 2010 the poop slap year?

Yup.

That was a bizzare bet
Liquid Wrench
W said:

I would nominate the 1996 season. Loaded with NFL talent and underachieved all season via one killer mistake after another. Lost a bunch of close games with mind-numbing turnovers and secondary breakdowns
You have to throw that year out, everyone was upset after Tupac died.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.