Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M football Largest $ drop in gross revenue in the SEC

12,116 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by heddy Lamarr
GinMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/gross-revenue-figures-14-sec-football-programs-released/
Showstopper
AG
Passed by Arkansas. Behind the traditional top 6 of the SEC.

And before this turns into a "blame everything on Sumlin" thread, the guy we fired did quite a bit better than the guy Arkansas fired.
chipotle
8-5
TMF
AG
Accounting can screw with any numbers. A lot of our revenue comes from donations; many of which are required. These would be reported differently. We are near or at the top.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Don't care.

greg.w.h
AG
Just like when Jackie was hired: all of the sudden I'm interested again...
zephyr88
AG
bottled water prices going back up a $1.00
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Well I'd say we handled the problem nicely.

And it only cost us $10 million to do it.
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
Al Bula
AG
I agree there are some funny numbers that have gone into that assessment, but glad to see revenue has gone down since we have had such a mediocre product on the field for far too long.
Joe Exotic
AG
TMF said:

Accounting can screw with any numbers. A lot of our revenue comes from donations; many of which are required. These would be reported differently. We are near or at the top.

Exactly. Those numbers count a Zone Club seat the same as a nose bleed seat since the donation portion is excluded.
Joe Exotic
AG
RPM said:

I agree there are some funny numbers that have gone into that assessment, but glad to see revenue has gone down since we have had such a mediocre product on the field for far too long.

They probably haven't gone down all that much when the seat donations are included.
83Aggie
AG
We were the top school in athletics revenue a couple of years ago. Our school is still doing pretty well.

http://www.businessinsider.com/schools-most-revenue-college-sports-2016-10
Charlie 31
AG
Gross revenue figures are misleading. A true sign of success or failure of a program is the amount of net revenue it is generating, which can then be used to determine how much money each program is spending to generate their gross revenue.
Whatthefunyo
How does Tennessee do so well? Our business plan is doomed.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
83Aggie said:

We were the top school in athletics revenue a couple of years ago. Our school is still doing pretty well.

http://www.businessinsider.com/schools-most-revenue-college-sports-2016-10

That year, the reported number including the capital campaign contribution for building the stadium.
DallasAg 94

Attendance:
2017: 691,612 -> $70.4M. That's about $102
2016: 713,418 -> $73.7M. That's about $103

Attendance drop of about 21,806.

Down $3.3M... That comes to about $151 per attendee. So... it is mostly recognized in drop in attendance.

IF we had 691,612 @ $103, instead of $102, then the drop in 21,806 attendance averages $119.62 per person. Basically a Chicken Wrap, no?!
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Where are you getting these cheap chicken wraps?
zephyr88
AG
I'd pay an additional dollar to get rid of the DJ... and another to get rid of the announcer...
SunrayAg
AG
Manipulated data is manipulated.

But regardless, it is quite pathetic to have whiny battered Aggies saying they are glad to see it.
Lateralus Ag
AG
TMF said:

I love when non-Accountants start *****ing about accounting.

Do the other schools on the list include donations in their revenue numbers?

Did the revenues from the previous period include donations?

If the answer to both of those questions is no, then including donations in the most recent data would not be appropriate.

Revenues were down. Does this surprise anyone? If so, why?
Leander - Ag
AG
No one in the sec has more $$ than A&M
AWP 97
AG
I think these are football only numbers. A&M is tops in the nation in Gross and Net revenues for all of athletics. tu might have passed us in 2016-2017 time though.
TxAggieGal
AG
These numbers came from the 2016 season, not the last.

Here are gross revenue figures for all 14 SEC football programs for the fiscal year 07/01/16 to 06/30/17. Keep in mind, then, they reflect the 2016 season, not 2017.

ContinentalAg
I think we actually have the most money and the most revenue of any SEC school, so not sure what the accountants did with the numbers, but we're doing just fine.
DukeMu
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

RPM said:

They probably haven't gone down all that much when the seat donations are included.

There was plenty of revenue flowing in for ticket holders who did not show up.
Jbob88
At least we're not Missouri.
Houstonag
AG
Accountants report history. Engineers create history?
heddy Lamarr
AG
Quote:

[url=http://www.businessinsider.com/schools-most-revenue-college-sports-2016-10][/url]http://www.businessinsider.com/schools-most-revenue-college-sports-2016-10
was goosed up by capital donations for Kyle Field - we're on the downside of that while Arky is on the front end
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.