Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

FSU vs A&M

8,537 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Tamu_mgm
TadFSUGRAD17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would you guys want to play us ?

polksalet12345
Sure, would be a solid game.
All your base
West Point Aggie
AG
Someone on the FSU side is saying to themselves: "the off-season is brutal!"
AggFan41
Decay
AG
I grew up in Florida and always wanted to play the schools I liked as a kid. We played the Canes a few years back and uh, I'd like to have us take another crack at them to say the least.

Playing in the Swamp was awesome and I wish we could do it more than once every 8 years or whatever it works out to.

I know A&M has squared off a few times with FSU but now seems like it'd have some extra energy. Plus I'd play FSU 100 times in a row if it kept the longhorns off our schedule.
hunter2012
AG

Stealing their coach and beating them with him would be awesome. We know CFB would hate that.
Dread Pirate Roberts
I want A&M to play teams like FSU and UCLA on a regular basis as they have great recruiting areas. However, I dont have any increased desire simply because Fisher used to coach at FSU, just like I didn't increase my desire for A&M to play Houston after we hired Sumlin.
NoahAg
Quote:

Would you guys want to play us ?
Only in the postseason. SEC schedule is already hard enough.
Triple-T
AG
I would never want to play them with Sumlin.

With Jimbo and a couple years, absolutely.
Jbob88
Florida State is going to eventually suck without Jimbo, so yes. Georgia, Florida, and Miami will all overtake them beginning this year. Of course would want to play FSU even if they were great. I'm glad we're playing Clemson the next 2 years. Need more big games for our other NonConf games too. Schedule all Power 5 teams. Just a couple bad ones and a great & good one too.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Florida State won't suck without Jimbo.
Aggie12B
AG
It would be great to play FSU again (just as long as none of our running backs fumble the ball out the back of the endzone before crossing the goal line like Greg"fumble" Hill did when we played them in the Cotton Bowl in '92)
OregonAggie
AG
Hell yeah I'd love to play FSU. I like it when we have a big non conference game and they'd fit the bill.

Also, I don't see them sucking anytime soon. Taggart will recruit well and he improved every program he coached. He'll do well as FSU.
ag94ag
AG
Sounds like a good idea to me. It opens the FL market up to us in a more positive way, and Jimbo>Taggart.
illegitima non carborundum
marble rye
AG
Hell no. Reason #1 being that gawd-awful chant. The Cotton Bowl we played them in, in the early 90s still echos in my brain.

IT'S TERRIBLE.
S.A. Aggie
AG
I'm in!
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Aggie12B said:

It would be great to play FSU again (just as long as none of our running backs fumble the ball out the back of the endzone before crossing the goal line like Greg"fumble" Hill did when we played them in the Cotton Bowl in '92)

Don't know if he deserves the moniker "fumble" as he played a huge part of getting us into that game. I was just a kid but I seem to recall that FSU had our offense pretty well figured out. We didn't score one stinking point of offense and that was with Bucky Richardson behind center.

We couldn't pass so it was 8 men in the box every down.

Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
Artimus Gordon
You Bet! Would be a great trip.
dixichkn
AG
Bonfire1996
AG
Yes, because historically, only 2 of the 3 Florida schools can be good at once. Mark Richt will have Miami humming soon and Mullen will get Florida rolling. FSU will be odd program out.
bmks270
AG
Jimbo already beat Taggart once.

He would do it again.
LEJ
Gramercy Riffs said:

Kirby Smart
Dan Mullen
Mark Richt

Willie Taggart
NyAggie
AG
That Greg hill fumble out of the end zone sucked

That 1991 season was a season of near misses

35-34 loss to Tulsa after leading 27-14 at half prevented us from possibly playing Miami in the cotton for a share of the national title

Washington also went undefeated that year and got half the title

PaulSimonsGhost
AG
It might make for a good story if it was scheduled THIS year but interest will fade after that. By the time our schedules clear it would be purly about recruit raiding.

And FSU has been taking Texas talent for decades. They don't need any more advantages.

I prefer bringing in big shots from around the US. I wanna play tOSU, Michigan, Washington, USC or Nebraska maybe once Scott Frost has his guys in place.

I have faith in Fisher's judgement - we won't play anyone that doesn't benefit us. That will be the deciding factor.

Gig'em

Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
NE PA Ag
The 92 Cotton Bowl had wet weather the whole game and if memory serves A&M had 8 turnovers to 7 for FSU. Just a sloppy game all around. If Hill doesn't fumble at the 1/2 yard line, it's probably anyone's game after that.
APHIS AG
NY Ag said:

The 92 Cotton Bowl had wet weather the whole game and if memory serves A&M had 8 turnovers to 7 for FSU. Just a sloppy game all around. If Hill doesn't fumble at the 1/2 yard line, it's probably anyone's game after that.
We went up and down the field with them and beat them in every conceivable category except the one that mattered most, the score.
Aggie
AG
Yeah we actually had 10 turnovers in the '92 cotton bowl 10-2 loss.

I attended that cotton bowl and the '98 Kickoff Classic vs FSU in The Meadowlands...just so happens only 2 times the schools have faced were at neutral sites. Would love see A&M play at Tallahassee and Seminoles come to Kyle field.

I attended the FSU/ Florida game 2 years ago at Doak Campbell stadium... Great college football atmosphere
bmorton
AG
Let these kids play in the best venues all over the nation. Go anywhere. Even if we lose some of them it will help us in the long run.
AG
What did Taggart say? Couldn't understand him.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

This is true. Jimbo left FSU & Willie a ****ton of talent to work with.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.