Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Nick Harvey to South Carolina

19,823 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Tamu_mgm
HumpItAgs599
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He gone
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Good for him, wish him luck.
Schrute Farms
He is a graduate transfer that is pursuing a Masters at SCAR. He's still a positive ambassador for Texas A&M:

TheFirebird
AG
Good luck to him. He gave us a lot of effort and you can't fault him for chasing his own NFL dreams at a place he thinks might help him do that.
merch
Out of high school this was a kid I thought for sure would be really good!
p8aggie
AG
Good luck Nick. Hope you do really well at USCe except when you play us.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
I guess I'm the only one who's bothered by him transferring to an opponent on our schedule.
TexanJeff
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

I guess I'm the only one who's bothered by him transferring to an opponent on our schedule.

I am.

My Dad Earl
AG
merch said:

Out of high school this was a kid I thought for sure would be really good!
I can say this for many players that played under the Sumlin regime....
tamudadx2
AG
No regrets here. Nothing but admiration for a young man who took a physical and mental beating on the field and on this board. He's an Aggie, he got a ring and earned the right to make this choice.
Congratulations and much luck to him. If he's got something left to develop, Muschamp will find it and bring it out if Nick can handle the ass chewin'. I think he made a wise choice.
rocky the dog
AG
Good luck, Nick.
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Why?
TexanJeff
AG
4 said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

Why?

Because most coaches limit where kids can transfer so we don't play them. Happens often
Indignitas
AG
Nick is one dude that made me proud to be an Aggie
BQ_90
AG
TexanJeff said:

4 said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

Why?

Because most coaches limit where kids can transfer so we don't play them. Happens often

Graduate transfers can go anywhere they want
AG
TexanJeff said:

4 said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

Why?

The question was why are you bothered by it? Jimbo wasn't bothered enough to restrict the transfer.

One CB that was at the first 13 practices of a new coaching staff won't create an ioda of competitive advantage for USCe.
rbcs_2
AG
BQ_90 said:

TexanJeff said:

4 said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

Why?

Graduate transfers can go anywhere they want
Sounds like many don't understand this part.
TexanJeff
AG
4 said:

TexanJeff said:

4 said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

Why?

The question was why are you bothered by it? Jimbo wasn't bothered enough to restrict the transfer.

One CB that was at the first 13 practices of a new coaching staff won't create an ioda of competitive advantage for USCe.

How long you been an Aggie fan?

Our luck he has two INTs one for a Pick6 and 10 tackles with 3 for a loss against us and does nothing rest of the year.

Also, didn't see he was a Grad Transfer
Tom Hagen
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Our receivers aren't.
MetoliusAg
Earned an A&M degree, and now he can earn a Masters. This is always a success story imo, no matter where they grad transfer to. Gig em.
AG
TexanJeff said:

4 said:

TexanJeff said:

4 said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

Why?

How long you been an Aggie fan?

Our luck he has two INTs one for a Pick6 and 10 tackles with 3 for a loss against us and does nothing rest of the year.

Also, didn't see he was a Grad Transfer

Haha... Good point.

Yeah, wasn't thinking about the grad transfer part, so Jimbo couldn't restrict it, but other than BAS reasons, his transferring to a conference opponent won't make any difference.
AggieDadx3
etcetera said:

Earned an A&M degree, and now he can earn a Masters. This is always a success story imo, no matter where they grad transfer to. Gig em.
Agree with your basic premise, except him transferring to a school we play next year. Not a good look.
Eff tu
lakeside aggie
AG
Good luck!
TXAggie2011
AG
AggieDadx3 said:

etcetera said:

Agree with your basic premise, except him transferring to a school we play next year. Not a good look.
Its not Nick Harvey's fault they set up that stupid permanent "rivalry."
Chesapeake Ag
I think Nick handled this in as classy a way as possible, and I hope he doesn't have a career game against us this Fall.

But I think it's less that he didn't have the capacity to compete for a starting job, as that with all of the sophomores and freshmen at DB this coaching staff can more effectively spend their time finding and teaching the players who will help the defense for the next few years.
LEJ
Chesapeake Ag said:

I think Nick handled this in as classy a way as possible, and I hope he doesn't have a career game against us this Fall.

But I think it's less that he didn't have the capacity to compete for a starting job, as that with all of the sophomores and freshmen at DB this coaching staff can more effectively spend their time finding and teaching the players who will help the defense for the next few years.

Horse crap. He's not good enough, so he quit our team. I hope we torch his ass. Transferring with the SECw is BullSht.
Chesapeake Ag
They basically told him he had no shot to be a starter. He's in his last year, and the team is still at least 3 scholarships over the limit. I don't think I would have done it differently if I was him.
LEJ
Transferring within the div is 70s style bush league
Panama Red
AG
LEJ said:

Transferring within the div is 70s style bush league
Might want to get yourself a better map.
Dro07
AG
how does it hurt us? He doesn't know our playbook or scheme with the new coaching staff.
black_hat_ag
dromo07 said:

how does it hurt us? He doesn't know our playbook or scheme with the new coaching staff.

He might have copied the playbook somehow. You ever heard of hacking?
"Go drink Lysol." - BallerStaf2003
Geriatric Punk
AG
LEJ said:

Chesapeake Ag said:

Horse crap. He's not good enough, so he quit our team. I hope we torch his ass. Transferring with the SECw is BullSht.
I'm really hoping this is satire...for a bevy of reasons.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
Lateralus Ag
AG
black_hat_ag said:

dromo07 said:

He might have copied the playbook somehow. You ever heard of hacking?

Username checks out.
Animal
AG
I'm confused on this grad transfer rule....on one hand we have TexAgs posters saying that grad transfers cannot be restricted, but then we have Saban restricting grad transfer Brandon Kennedy from going to Tennessee....

????? Inquiring minds?????

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Alabama-Football-coach-Nick-Saban-on-blocking-transfers-Do-we-want-free-agency-in-the-SEC-118270164
CoolAggie
AG
Best of luck to him except for one game next Fall.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.