Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jimbo Fisher doesn't use Twitter for recruiting

4,901 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SigAg6
BombayAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sometimes old school methods work best.

https://www.seccountry.com/texas-am/jimbo-fisher-doesnt-use-twitter-for-recruiting-because-he-prefers-personal-relationships

Quote:

Many college football coaches use Twitter to communicate with recruits. It seems to be effective, as many high school athletes are frequently on social media.
However, Jimbo Fisher doesn't like to recruit that way.
During an appearance at the Houston Touchdown Club on Wednesday, Fisher said that he doesn't use Twitter to communicate with recruits, and that he instead cultivates personal relationships, according to Brent Zwerneman of the Houston Chronicle.

Per Zwerneman, Fisher added that he believes his recruiting method works, and that he doesn't want his private life on social media for all to see.

Texas A&M fans likely won't care how Fisher recruits, as long as he is successful. Fisher is entering his first season with the Aggies after spending the past 11 at Florida State (the last eight as head coach).
CreedBratton
#YESSIR
NoahAg
TexAgs after Fisher's first loss: "JIMBO NEEDS TO GET ON TWITTER!"
AgOutsideAustin
AG
But can he post a video to Facebook?
Just Tired
deegated to twitter tim
. . .
Bone6
But, but what about swag?
ShouldastayedataTm
Bone6 said:

But, but what about swag?
Sounds like a good ol' fashioned helmet is "swag" to coach. So happy to see the change.
West Point Aggie
AG
NoahAg said:

TexAgs after Fisher's first loss: "JIMBO NEEDS TO GET ON TWITTER!"

Funny because it's true
akm91
AG
Quote:

Jimbo Fisher: 'Our players are starting to grasp how we want to practice.' He added that he's informed his players they're now part of a dictatorship.
Reminds me of Remember the Titans
NoahAg
To be fair, I hear Jimbo's fax game is scrong.
TheWoodsAg
AG
He doesn't have a twitter account, this isn't new news.
Alpha Texan
AG
Does he at least bee-bop around the state in a swagcopter?
coldmoose
Boils down to whatever works. I believe that Coach Saban does use twitter. Guess it works for him. He has done okay. Coach Fisher does not. I think he has been fine without twitter.
schmendeler
AG
Just follow coach Brewster
BVAg85
AG
BombayAg said:

Sometimes old school methods work best.

https://www.seccountry.com/texas-am/jimbo-fisher-doesnt-use-twitter-for-recruiting-because-he-prefers-personal-relationships

Quote:

Many college football coaches use Twitter to communicate with recruits. It seems to be effective, as many high school athletes are frequently on social media.
However, Jimbo Fisher doesn't like to recruit that way.
During an appearance at the Houston Touchdown Club on Wednesday, Fisher said that he doesn't use Twitter to communicate with recruits, and that he instead cultivates personal relationships, according to Brent Zwerneman of the Houston Chronicle.

Per Zwerneman, Fisher added that he believes his recruiting method works, and that he doesn't want his private life on social media for all to see.

Texas A&M fans likely won't care how Fisher recruits, as long as he is successful. Fisher is entering his first season with the Aggies after spending the past 11 at Florida State (the last eight as head coach).

Well Fisher is old enough to be the players' great-grandfather. At least that's what I heard.
howdy2u
AG
Put Leon in charge of Twitter
Chesapeake Ag
BVAg85 said:

Well Fisher is old enough to be the players' great-grandfather. At least that's what I heard.
If you find that believable you must have an interesting family.
SigAg6
AG
How is he supposed to keep aware of Kane 's thoughts on politics?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.