Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What does Aggie Muster mean to you?

2,036 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Aggie Network
Aggie Network
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
Thanks to everyone who submitted your Aggie Muster trivia guess and your thoughts on what Aggie Muster means to you. Congratulations to the following posters who will be getting an Association goodie bag.

• Here4Beer
  • Agijud
  • Snowball

Winners, we'll be in touch.

If you didn't get chosen, don't worry, we'll have more trivia giveaways throughout the year. Thanks and gig 'em.

---

Aggie Muster is celebrated worldwide every year and the ceremony brings together more Aggies on one occasion than any other event. The Association of Former Students is proud to provide support to the Student Aggie Muster Committee, A&M Clubs and Muster Groups who host Muster in their area.

Post answers to both of the two questions below and we'll select two winners on Thursday, April 19. Winners will receive an Association goodie bag.

• Reed Arena hosts the largest Aggie Muster each year of the more than _?_ Musters held worldwide. HINT: Find the answer HERE
  • Tell us what Aggie Muster means to you.

DID YOU KNOW that The Association provides numerous planning resources and publicity, among other elements to help A&M Clubs and Muster Groups. The Association also provides each of these groups with an official "Roll Call for the Absent" tailored specifically to their area.

---

The Association of Former Students is the oldest organization serving Texas A&M University in support of the ever-growing Aggie Network. We are HERE for Aggies during their days as students and former students, THERE for Aggies as they make their way around the world and EVERYWHERE that the Aggie Network needs us to be.

Learn more at AggieNetwork.com.
The Association of Former Students | Texas A&M University
AggieNetwork@AggieNetwork.com | (979) 845-7514
aggieband 83
AG
There are 300 locations holding Aggie Muster.

I lit a candle & said "Here!" for my brother-in-law 2 years ago. I was priviledged to be able to honor him this way. The experience opened my eyes to past generations of Texas Aggies and their love for this school. I also was able to look into my future. I gained peace and appreciation knowing it will be done for me. I am blessed to have graduated from Texas A&M University. Aggie Muster is by far our greatest tradition.
ABATTBQ87
AG
This year I will answer "HERE" for 4 Aggies;

1) Dale Crockett '87: Fish buddy in A Battery Band and was Head Drum Major our Senior year.

2) Dave Ward '89: Member of A Battery and commissioned in the US Navy

3) Rick Golden '79: My Brother in Law

4) Wayne Neely '67: He and I attended the Marble Falls Church of Christ and in the 2 years that I knew him I did not know that he was an A&M grad.
Lateralus Ag
AG
It means that no matter where we come from, what things separate us, someone will always be there to answer "Here" for us.
Agijud
AG
1. There are over 300 Muster celebrations world wide.
2. I was blessed to be on Muster Committee while a student and had several opportunities to answer "Here" for Aggies past. In 2011, I answered for my wife's father, Gary Reeves '67. I have now served the last 4years as the Muster Chair for the Nacogdoches County A&M Club... so today, on 4/18... Muster means a LOT of work. But Saturday, despite the rain, it will once again be an amazing example of what is right and true with the Aggie Spirit. We are the Aggies... from HOWDY to HERE!
Aggie Network
Sponsor
AG
Winners have been posted in the OP. Thanks for all of your responses!

Randy '01
AG86PF
AG
Agijud

"from HOWDY to HERE"......

exactly.

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Muster is about to mean a whole lot more to me than it ever did before. Perhaps I've been blessed with all these years of simply not knowing personally any Aggies who have passed, but that has now changed with the passing of my father back in February.

Thomas E Murray, Class of 1960 and Class of 2005

I will be attending Muster for the first time, twice. First with the Katy A&M Club at Kingsland Baptist Church, then second on campus tomorrow night. My dad gets his named called on campus due to his grandson being a current student.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Went to Muster in1946 at Pearl Harbor - speaker Gen. Moore '07 who had commanded Corregidor and was a POW for 4 years ! Believe the only Muster he was able to attend .
Agijud
AG
So when should we expect to hear from someone about the gift?

P.S. Nacogdoches A&M Club Muster was amazing with over 100 in attendance.
Aggie Network
Sponsor
AG
I'm not able to PM you, so I asked TexAgs staff to send a message to you. Feel free to reach out to me direct at rreyes01 at aggienetwork dot com.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.