Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

After watching Spring Game is A&M an 8+ win team?

8,194 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by fosterag
GinMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After watching Spring Game is A&M an 8+ win team?
Threadbare
You mean, like, right now?
ClassOf17
I love these questions
AggieOO
I just checked. We are still 0-0.
Positive Ag
AG
They could definitely win 8 + games. They could also win less than 8 games.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Praying for 7 as the over/under. I'll pound that like I pounded 2016. At 7.5 I would still hit the over but not as much cash.
Bobcat-Ag
Aggiesincebirth said:

Praying for 7 as the over/under. I'll pound that like I pounded 2016. At 7.5 I would still hit the over but not as much cash.
Maybe I am dense, but 7 & 7.5 are basically the same. Wouldn't the over be 8+ for each?
NoahAg
Aggiesincebirth said:

That makes no sense.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Both take 8 to win, but doesn't the possibility of a push make O/U @ 7 a slightly less risky over bet relative to 7.5?
aggiedent
AG
No spring game.................for any team in the country.......................is ever going to be a good indicator on how a team will fair during the season.
GinMan
AG
Ag1985
AggieOO said:

User name checks out.
Triple-T
AG
We aren't playing Wake Forest this year, so signs point to 8 wins.

But we're playing Clemson, so there's that.
oneeyedag
Ues I believe so.
JustisWalkert
AG
AggieOO said:

Undefeated but unranked? It's a media conspiracy.
AWP 97
AG
I was surprised that the o/u was not 7.5. I think 7 wins is the number to beat. I think Vegas would get more under bets with a 7.5 line. The half point makes a huge difference for those wanting to bet the over. A 7 o/u gives you an extra game protection to bet the over. It would take only 6 wins to lose. This place will go ape s**t, if we only win 6 games.
MondayMorningQB
AG
I believe we're supposed to all be at 8 wins now, come July.. 9, and bump this in August we should be at 10 wins. /zoo
QCAg93
AG
After 4 changes now since Sumlin or 5 since Sherrill I have become numb to the excitement of hope that the Aggies will have a season like the Sherrill or Slocum era. I have to see it to believe it now. I will say we will definitely have at a minimum the average number of wins the last 10 seasons and be over .500.
TyHolden
AG
Wow....That's Fun
Sbisa Chef
<s> I hear Jimbo reads TexAgs, and cares about your opinions. </s>

Do you think he understands pressure? Surely he knows how to deal with it by now.
Tamu_mgm
AG
I can see 8 wins on the schedule. If we take one of Auburn, Bama, Clemson, or South Carolina / LSU we can get to 9.
Toptierag2018
Lose one non-conference game and hopefully only three SEC games for 8-4.
Dj.Beveled_Watercooler
Wow how about team White's undefeated spring season really bodes well for next season, however our Maroon squad finished the spring season with a goose egg in the win column, this could be a concern.

My prediction
6-6
Fire Jimbo
67walkon
Saw a lot of good stuff. Both QB's need to take it up a notch. Especially on back shoulder and deep sideline throws. Once all the best players are on one team the running game will pick up. 8 wins are very possible and we beat Clemson look out
maroongoon95
AG
With out Sumlin and idiots.......most likely. I see a 9-10 win season. Just me.
GinMan
AG
AggieOO said:

OFF-SZN antics... The entire reason I posted

All I honestly care about is kicking the ever living dog chit out of Lsu
SA-AG72
AG
Looks more like a 12- team to me.
bmorton
AG
Only two teams are more talented on paper, Bama and Clemson, with the level of coaching to match our guys. That will equalize over the next 2-3 years. That's a 10-2 record, and I think Clemson Clemons against us, like they do once every year. We have played Bama about as good as anyone.
11-1
Or
12-0
Agvet12
AG
bmorton said:

Only two teams are more talented on paper, Bama and Clemson, with the level of coaching to match our guys. That will equalize over the next 2-3 years. That's a 10-2 record, and I think Clemson Clemons against us, like they do once every year. We have played Bama about as good as anyone.
11-1
Or
12-0

I want what you're on.... this isn't 2013
Ags4DaWin
I see QB still being a problem.

Starkel in spring game performed atrociously. With multiple picks. And he absolutely refuses to pull the ball on the RPO. Seriously. If he is the starter you cannot run that play. Period. He gives it every time.

Mond started slow but made some very nice throws later when he settled down. But Jesus Christ he needs to learn to settle down earlier than the second half. His arm has gotten stronger and his throws had more zip to them than last year when they all just seemed to lazily float out there forever

But the biggest problem I saw was that neither of them is making presnap reads, properly identifying the coverage and finding the mismatch/open man.

Starkel forced a lot of throws in the plodding game and so did mond early on.

And that was without actual pressure because they weren't actually getting hit, just touched to be sacked.

I hope that this improves but it's sonething that only comes with experience. Unfortunately last year the only presnap read they needed to make was which side the bubble screen was on so they have limited experience actually playing the QB position the way it's supposed to be played.

Presnap read for formation, blitz, man coverage,zone->identify any mismatches(LB's covering WR's)-> hot route/audible if necessary-> Snap ball-> identify coverage -> check off of primary receiver if necessary to find open man.
Tamu_mgm
AG
bmorton said:

11-1
Or
12-0

You're setting unrealistic expectations in year 1. Have fun when they come crashing down and you and others are calling for Jimbo's head.
fosterag
AG
A&M very possibly can win eight games or nine plus a bowl game. We can still win with a top defense. Offense can score and be competitive with good OL and QB's who can move the chains.
Just my two cents.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.