Story Poster
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

2019 Brock tight end Baylor Cupp makes pledge to Texas A&M

April 15, 2018

The recruiting process has been a whirlwind for Brock tight end Baylor Cupp. As he went from hidden gem to one of the hottest prospects in the country, offers arrived from near and far with USC, LSU, Alabama, Florida, Texas, Georgia, Penn State, and Nebraska putting scholarships on the table in recent weeks.

Texas A&M extended a scholarship offer in February, and it was pretty clear the Aggies struck a chord with the 6-6, 235-pound standout.

"At first, I was mind-blown because that has always been a childhood dream!" Cupp said. "I love the A&M program, and I have only heard good things about (Jimbo Fisher), and I can't wait to meet him!"

A few weeks later, he was able to meet Coach Fisher and see the Texas A&M program at the Aggies' Junior Day. It did not take him long to figure out College Station was the place for him, and at Texas A&M's spring game, he announced his commitment to the Aggies.

Cupp becomes the only tight end in the Aggies' 2019 recruiting class. He joins wide receivers Kameron Brown and Chase Lane on the offensive side of the ball.

As a junior, Cupp played offense and defense for Brock and helped guide the Eagles to the 3A Division I State Championship game.

You can view Cupp's highlights below:

More to follow for TexAgs Premium subscribers.

Discussion from...

2019 Brock tight end Baylor Cupp makes pledge to Texas A&M

26,935 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 85Photon
superdales
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Threadbare
I know a guy like this is going to see some serious mismatches in 3A, but, my gosh, the kid knows how to block. In the highlights, he just consistently dominates his assignment.
That was a fun highlight film

Love the play where he makes his first block and then outstrides the RB from behind and then makes a second block on the same run

I guess he's a 3* since he isn't a 5-11 dime a dozen 7x7 champ WR. These recruiting services are completely asleep at the wheel on TEs. I think 6 drafted in first two rounds of nfl draft this year and I expect similar in this year's draft.
technoviking
AG
carter4133 said:

That was a fun highlight film

Love the play where he makes his first block and then outstrides the RB from behind and then makes a second block on the same run

I guess he's a 3* he isn't a 5-11 dime a dozen WR. These recruiting services are completely asleep at the wheel on TEs. I think 6 drafted in first two rounds of nfl draft this year and I expect similar in this year's draft.
WR and DB rankings are probably a little inflated right now because those players get so much exposure at 7x7 games/camps.

the OL/DL camps are happening around this time and we should see some linemen players shoot up the rankings soon.

cupp has been noticed by the big programs across the nation and offered for his services. netting him is a big deal, despite his "3 star" ranking.
Meximan
This just in: Rivals lowers ranking to 2 stars.
I agree. This kid has a great stride. Great pickup for Jimbo.
Aggie12B
suprafly03
AG
No comments about the mom yet????

What has happened to the zoo.
dcbowers
AG
Does this mean that we'll have to root for Baylor???
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
vansprinkle
AG
suprafly03 said:

No comments about the mom yet????

What has happened to the zoo.

Wood!
CrottyKid
AG
Yeah. She fine.
Chesapeake Ag
Baylor Cupp's film looks great. Defenses can't handle a guy who blocks like a lineman and runs and catches like a receiver. After seeing what Jimbo and Tim Fisher have done with our TEs in just a couple of months we have great potential at the position!
Amazing Moves
LatinAggie1997
AG
The 1st - 5th plays show me all I need to know. Add 15 lbs and this kid could be the next Kelce or Olsen.
Whatthefunyo
Welcome to the university of Texas A&M
Whatthefunyo
Oh and nice blocking.
mcag83
StickTogetherAgs
85Photon
AG
He looks 7 feet tall in that photo. Whooop.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.