Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Lester Hayes reference on Showtime's "Billions"

6,318 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by oklaunion
schwack schwack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Caught this in last weeks episode:

"I'm going to make it my sole purpose in life to stick to you like Lester Hayes.."
Aggie12B
AG
LESTER "STICKUM" HAYES
cedar
Yeah that was cool.
agwin12
AG
Lester "the Molester" Hayes should be in the HOF. One badass dude.
"A life lived for others is a life worthwhile" - Albert Einstein
CatmanBoo
HOF for sure, he WAS part of the greatest CB duo in history.
Maroon from the womb.
RhodeAg
AG
I played many afternoon pickup basketball games with him at G. Rollie White. He was a great guy...always had a smile on his face. Usually ended up guarding him. Me a 6'4" guy guarding a 5'9" All American. I could jump pretty well...but his vertical was the equalizing factor. Also played much Jacob Green...another great guy. I have always felt blessed to have played with guys like them...plus Rynn Wright and Vernon Smith.
Don't take life too seriously...no one gets out alive.
maroonthrunthru
Yeah.. I used to play with Rynn and Vernon as well... Used to dominate both in the blocks... Especially that wimp Rynn...

(Tongue firmly planted in cheek)
AgPediRPh
AG
agwin12 said:

Lester "the Molester" Hayes should be in the HOF. One badass dude.
I was going to post the same thing. If his Wikipedia profile is accurate, he's more than qualified
S.A. Aggie
AG
RhodeAg said:

I played many afternoon pickup basketball games with him at G. Rollie White. He was a great guy...always had a smile on his face. Usually ended up guarding him. Me a 6'4" guy guarding a 5'9" All American. I could jump pretty well...but his vertical was the equalizing factor. Also played much Jacob Green...another great guy. I have always felt blessed to have played with guys like them...plus Rynn Wright and Vernon Smith.

Wow, great names there!!
aggieaviator
AG
Excerpt from a book I recently read.

"A little known fact about Lester Hayes is that he was a lifelong stutterer until well into his professional career. He tended to stay quiet, rather than draw attention to his condition. For this reason, he was often looked at as not being very smart. But after successful treatment, people "couldn't shut him up," according to his former coach John Madden. It was then revealed that Lester was an articulate and intelligent man."
PLUM LOCO
AG
I ain't using stickum...

PLUM LOCO
AG
by the jar.
Tomdoss92
AG
schwack schwack said:

Caught this in last weeks episode:

"I'm going to make it my sole purpose in life to stick to you like Lester Hayes.."

A&M was mentioned in pop culture????

Raptor
AG
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Mr.Bond
AG
I want to say he was mentioned in one of the John Ryan movies as well
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

aglaes
AG
Surprised that show has writers old enough to know who Lester Hayes was. Must have picked it up watching some old classic NFL films stuff.
zephyr88
AG
bglass85
AG
Ok, what happened to his hands?
rbcs_2
AG
bglass85 said:

Ok, what happened to his hands?
Rigor mortis setting in.
oklaunion
RhodeAg said:

5'9" ? He was taller than that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.