Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Call your shot - where does Johnny end up this year

15,879 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Agsgirl
Threadbare
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm going to say Hamilton, mostly because i think that would be the smart play.

(If you don't care where Johnny ends up, please be sure you do your part in cluttering up the thread with cynical insults and whining about how this isn't Aggie football related and how you don't care where he goes, and how the world has moved on, but we can't, and how he hasn't changed, and all the rest, just, you know, to keep it real...)
rangerdanger
AG
I think he ends up at Saints training camp. Payton has talked to him in the past, the depth behind Brees blows, and his running ability would mesh well with the stable of backs they have.
zephyr88
AG
Hamilton
Phoenix1
rangerdanger said:

I think he ends up at Saints training camp. Payton has talked to him in the past, the depth behind Brees blows, and his running ability would mesh well with the stable of backs they have.

LMAO- Peyton wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft pole. Do you really think dumping JFF in the middle of New Orleans is a good idea? Why not the Raiders once they move to Vegas? Or some team in Amsterdam?
technoviking
AG
Phoenix1 said:

rangerdanger said:

LMAO- Peyton wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft pole. Do you really think dumping JFF in the middle of New Orleans is a good idea? Why not the Raiders once they move to Vegas? Or some team in Amsterdam?
every NFL city has bars. every NFL player can afford to go to any city. the battle isn't at the bar, it's in his head.

SeattleAgJr
He will not be on a NFL team at any point this year.
PatAg
AG
Phoenix1 said:

rangerdanger said:

I think putting Johnny on a team with Drew Brees and Sean Peyton is the type of situation I wish he had been in when he got drafted.
"LMAO"
Redrooster
Hopefully in church
Lateralus Ag
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

He will not be on a NFL team at any point this year.

You didn't technically answer the OP.
2thFixinAg
Hamilton Tigercats.
SigAg6
AG
80% chance CFL
20% chance Patriots in the NFL
jokershady
AG
Seeing how most guesses here are anything but the NFL, I'm going to say he'll likely be signed to any NFL team as back up for a 1-year deal.

Get just enough playing time to show promise for another team to take a shot next year at him. Will not start unless QB in front of him gets injured.
Bobcat-Ag
His couch watching others play football.

My hope is that he goes to the cfl and plays. He could own that league.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Jon Gruden may pick him to back up Carr
Stumpknocker
He's on the road to nowhere.

His younger self has dug a hole that his older self can't get out of. What a shame....
fwag04
AG
Texas tour selling overpriced apparel. #comeback$zn
technoviking
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

that would be cool.

i think the CFL would be better for him. he's much more likely to start and actually play as opposed to sitting. it'll allow him to focus on football more. it'd also provide drive for him because he wouldn't be in the NFL yet.
Agsgirl
jjmanzano said:

Huntsville
C'mon man....
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Hopefully Gruden will pick him up or maybe the Patriots. I also think he would be a good fit to back up the unreliable (injuries) Jamies Winston down in Tampa where he would fit that offense and already has experience with their big time receiver. Let's face it, Fitzpatrick "can" back up famous Jamies but he gets hurt too.
Agvet12
AG
Spends the next 5 years in Hamilton

Then an ESPN 30 for 30
BombayAg
My hope is that he actively plays for 2 years. NFL doesn't seem like he can play right now, he will just be a backup. So CFL where he has a better shot. Then NFL in 2 years.
TX_Aggie37
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

Gruden just cut a top punter in the league because he didn't like his attitude. I find it difficult to believe he'd sign JFF, but could be interesting. My guess, if he lands on a football field at all, would be Canada for a year or two and MAYBE finds his way into a NFL camp down the road. Truly pulling for him.
JRB78
AG
CFL
Rockdoc
AG
If he doesn't get a high dollar contract, probably the cleaners (driven there by his wife)
heddy Lamarr
AG
Quote:

The musical or the CFL town?
heddy Lamarr
AG
Quote:

Hamilton

Vader 2020
CFL
ABATTBQ87
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

Gruden just cut a top punter in the league because he didn't like his attitude. I find it difficult to believe he'd sign JFF, but could be interesting. My guess, if he lands on a football field at all, would be Canada for a year or two and MAYBE finds his way into a NFL camp down the road. Truly pulling for him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jon-grudens-infatuation-with-johnny-manziel-is-eye-opening/
champagnepapi
That article was terrible, no facts just speculation of possibilities.
Amazing Moves
Cowboys
agwin12
AG
champagnepapi said:

That article was terrible, no facts just speculation of possibilities.
Just like the majority of texags posters.
"A life lived for others is a life worthwhile" - Albert Einstein
Phoenix1
PatAg said:

Phoenix1 said:

rangerdanger said:

I think putting Johnny on a team with Drew Brees and Sean Peyton is the type of situation I wish he had been in when he got drafted.
"LMAO"

You'll clearly haven't followed the Saints since '06. Payton does not deal with people like Manziel- period. If they do slide under his and Loomis' radar payton gets rid of them quick. He has no tolerance for arse clowns.
85Photon
AG
Pats
Phoenix1
85Photon said:

Pats

If he was to wind up in NFL the Pats are a possibility- Belliceck does put up with arse clowns
PatAg
AG
Seems like you might be the arse clown
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.