Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Reporter says NFL execs thinks Manziel comeback potential very high

18,233 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Threadbare
Threadbare
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.totalprosports.com/2018/04/08/report-nfl-execs-believe-johnny-manziels-potential-is-off-the-charts-for-his-comeback-attempt/

He actually did pretty well yesterday. Didn't hurt himself at all.

He's basically playing on a pick-up team.

No one expected him to be particularly sharp, but just wanted to know if he still has the tools.

He does.
Bottlehead90
AG
Johnny being Johnny
TXAggie2011
AG
I took your thread title as saying an exec said the potential Johnny will get picked up by a team as "off the charts" but if they're just talking about Johnny's potential as a QB, then I think we are still in that space where teams are wrestling with whether they want to invest in a project and/or believe that Johnny can reach that potential.
Threadbare
ignatiusreilly4ever said:

Stop.
Would you rather talk about Kyle Allen?
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Probably wants you to talk about kyler Murray...
Threadbare
TXAggie2011 said:

I took your thread title as saying an exec said the potential Johnny will get picked up by a team as "off the charts" but if they're just talking about Johnny's potential as a QB, then I think we are still in that space where teams are wrestling with whether they want to invest in a project and/or believe that Johnny can reach that potential.
Some NFL GM is going to pull the trigger on this.

I'd rather see him play in the CFL than sit in the NFL, but I'll be amazed if he's not in an NFL camp this fall.

(Unless he shows up on TMZ doing something stupid, but, I'm hoping those days are behind him (and I think they are, at least for a while)).
Bachelor99
AG
not that I care but there is gonna be some very angry people when johnny gets a shot with an nfl team before kaepernick...
Qfaced~ag
AG
Not sure one game is much of measuring stick for him to generate real interest from NFL teams but for his sake, I hope he goes to the CFL for season or two. If I was an NFL exec I'd like to see Johnny maintain consistency for an extended period of time and if he truly has changed and is ready to be a professional. Even if he does get a shot this upcoming season my hope would be that he'd be on a team with a veteran QB who is willing to give him guidance and not a team with an insecure d-bag a la Brian Hoyer.
agz win
AG
Why? Kaepernick is on a different journey. Johnny has paid a price and worked very hard to try and turn his life around and put himself in a position to maybe get considered for another chance.

There are lots of current and former NFL players that did much worse than Johnny that were given additional shots to play and you know Johnny is better than many of the QBs on the team's depth charts.
howdy2u
AG
Threadbare said:

(Unless he shows up on TMZ doing something stupid, but, I'm hoping those days are behind him (and I think they are, at least for a while)).

Blue parachute for properly nested parenthesis.
Threadbare
Qfaced~ag said:

Not sure one game is much of measuring stick for him to generate real interest from NFL teams but for his sake, I hope he goes to the CFL for season or two. If I was an NFL exec I'd like to see Johnny maintain consistency for an extended period of time and if he truly has changed and is ready to be a professional. Even if he does get a shot this upcoming season my hope would be that he'd be on a team with a veteran QB who is willing to give him guidance and not a team with an insecure d-bag a la Brian Hoyer.
To be fair, i thought he'd be invited to a camp whether he did this spring thing or not.

As has been pointed out again and again, 71 guys took an NFL regular-season snap last year. Manziel continues to intrigue, even among some of the real football folks. You have to wonder what he would look like if he actually knew the playbook and showed up sober and ready to work every day.

Some organization is just not going to be able to resist it. If the Pats talked to him twice, you can bet others are interested as well...

I still think he should go to the CFL. Step up to the plate, Hamilton, and make him an offer that he doesn't want to turn down for a non-guaranteed contract in the NFL..

36 games in the CFL will tell the story (actually, 18 would, but he has to stay for two years, if he signs). Give him an offense built around his skill set, and have him stay on the right path in his personal life, and I think he'll be successful.
Qfaced~ag
AG
The Pats would be a great landing spot for him as long as they keep his locker far away from Gronks. I think it was Chad Johnson that said he definitely learned how to shut the **** up when he was there.
rangerdanger
AG
Qfaced~ag said:

The Pats would be a great landing spot for him as long as they keep his locker far away from Gronks. I think it was Chad Johnson that said he definitely learned how to shut the **** up when he was there.

I think he'll be a Saint. Brees could show him the way.
Threadbare
Qfaced~ag said:

They would be a good spot, except I hate to see him paired up with Hoyer again. (I'm sure Brian's not too enamored of the idea, either...)
TyperWoods
Johnny hasn't sued the NFL like Kapernick has.
Wabs
AG
TyperWoods said:

Johnny hasn't sued the NFL like Kapernick has.
Also hasn't taken a knee during the national anthem, multiple times.
greg.w.h
AG
The highlight reel we saw was a lot of fun. He definitely found a way to slow the NFL game down...
Threadbare

It's never happening. It's over. Stop.
Wow, very persuasive argument there. I'll bet you have a history on the debate team...
BanderaAg956

How much money are you willing to put on it?
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
HossAg
AG
Why are you like this?
Threadbare
drevans956 said:

How much money are you willing to put on it?
I have a guess...
CrazyDayDuck
Bachelor99 said:

not that I care but there is gonna be some very angry people when johnny gets a shot with an nfl team before kaepernick...

I gave up on caring about this comeback, but this angle has me intrigued.

Now I hope it happens.
Threadbare
HossAg said:

Why are you like this?
Because it's so easy. All he has to do is fly into the thread, add nothing of value to the conversation, pretend like he knows something, offer nothing in support of it, and then, if Johnny washes out, hey, look how smart he is...

It's "Internet Troll 101"...
Cancelled
AG
"Stop" ...look at me, I'm really cool.
Meximan
howdy2u said:

Threadbare said:

?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
Meximan
HossAg said:

Why are you like this?

His mama named him ignatiusreilly4ever.
Ag1985
howdy2u said:

Threadbare said:

Period should go between the two closing parentheses.
marble rye
AG

If you believe this, then STFU and stop posting on JFF threads. No one GAS what you think.
Loyalty
AG

Troll sip troll...
Loyalty
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

Bachelor99 said:

I gave up on caring about this comeback, but this angle has me intrigued.

Now I hope it happens.
It'll come down to the race card being played when the two situations are completely different both on and off the field.

Oh well, so what. Just ignore it.
arontc09
AG
I would like to see Kaep get a chance, but I don't think he will. He is working out, but he isn't generating much interest. I can't imagine he has much of a chance as long as there is a suit pending. I think that the whole debacle is a black mark against our supposed freedom of speech, especially after the POTUS publicly discouraged NFL owners from giving him a shot.
KW Driver
Bachelor99 said:

This is a bull**** argument if it is said to be about race. RG3 got a job before Johnny. Yeah Kaepernick was good at first, but his performance was going down and he was benched before he left the league and already reportedly had offers that he refused.

And also the suing and the kneeling. Never mind that Johnny is trying to change who he was, Kaepernick is still embracing the crazy that helped put him out of the league along with his poor performance.
BanderaAg956
arontc09 said:

I would like to see Kaep get a chance, but I don't think he will. He is working out, but he isn't generating much interest. I can't imagine he has much of a chance as long as there is a suit pending. I think that the whole debacle is a black mark against our supposed freedom of speech, especially after the POTUS publicly discouraged NFL owners from giving him a shot.

I'd like to see Kaeperneck run out of opportunities for starting this kneeling to the national anthem program. He is a disgrace to America!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
KW Driver
arontc09 said:

How is there a black mark on our freedom of speech? It doesn't guarantee no repercussions from your free exercise of it. Simply that there is no law against it. He can kneel for all of the Anthems he wants, just not in a uniform representing an organization if that organization doesn't want him to.
AG
arontc09 said:

Did the government arrest or imprison him for his words or actions?

Freedom of speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences, only freedom from government persecution.

Jeez, we really need to start teaching civics in school again.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.