Story Poster
Photo by Brett Davis/USA Today Sports
Texas A&M Football

Mike Evans signs monster 5-year, $82.5 million contract with Tampa Bay

March 9, 2018

In 2011, Mike Evans came to Aggieland as a lightly recruited three-star prospect with a basketball background and a hunger to be great. 

Only seven years later, the former Texas A&M star receiver signed a whopping five-year, $82.5 million contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The contract makes Evans the second-highest paid receiver in the NFL behind Antonio Brown and includes $55 million guaranteed.

Coming off a season where he caught 71 passes for 1,001 yards and five touchdowns, the Buccaneers made sure to lock up Jameis Winston’s favorite receiver for the long haul as Evans was heading into the option year of his rookie contract.

Not surprisingly, Evans was very happy about the announcement.

http://instagr.am/p/BgHd2cZHoBs

Evans is one of only three players in NFL history to surpass the 1,000-yard plateau in each of his first four seasons and will likely be the centerpiece of the Tampa Bay offense for many years to come.

He redshirted his first season on campus at A&M and proceeded to record back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons as he and Johnny Manziel blossomed into one of the most prolific quarterback-receiver combinations in Aggie history.

The Buccaneers picked him No. 7 overall in the 2013 NFL Draft, and now he is under contract with them through the 2023 season.

Discussion from...

Mike Evans signs monster 5-year, $82.5 million contract with Tampa Bay

21,340 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgBank
StickTogetherAgs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rocky the dog
AG
Jimbo needs a raise.
JMC04
aggieband 83
AG
Remember to give back.
Liquid Wrench
TAM85
aTm2004
AG
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
aeon-ag
THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!!! $82,5 million to play a game 6 months out of the year?!!! This is the reason I never watch NFL games.
aTm2004
AG
aeon-ag said:

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!!! $82,5 million to play a game 6 months out of the year?!!! This is the reason I never watch NFL games.
Don't look at what Kirk Cousins, a 4th round draft pick, just signed at Minnesota.
AgBank
AG
aeon-ag said:

Seriously? Down with the crazy capitalists!

I am happy any time someone makes money for valve (entertainment or otherwise) they create. I am glad Mike was / is an Aggie.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.