Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Started watching college football in 2005

4,740 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 4L Aggie
StrykerAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
13 National Championship games.

Alabama played in SIX of them and won FIVE

TWICE they have advanced to the title game after failing to even win the SEC West, let alone the SEC championship and both times they beat the actual SEC champion

Only 12 other schools even made appearances.

Only 7 other schools won.

Only 1 school beat Bama in the title game

In short...fxk bama
Alpha Texan
AG
Yeah We saw it too.
StrykerAg
AG
Just tired of seeing the same teams win all the time. I am a NY Giants fan and forced myself to root for the Eagles because I am sick of Brady, Belichick and the Pats.

And how could I be mad at the Astros for beating my Yankees and the Dodgers en route to a title?

Hopefully the SEC is on the verge of opening back up
MicheIangeIo
AG
Loser
suprafly03
AG
I think if you're a competitor, you understand why many pull for Bama.

Greatness is what we all strive for. To watch Saban consistently put a championship product on the field is amazing.

The greatness is Saban's, not Bama. He just happens to coach at Bama.

He doesn't get tired, sick, burned out, bored, complacent like many would/do. He has achieved something I can't imagine I'll ever see again in my lifetime, or maybe even my kids.

This is an era of College football that we can look back on fondly and tell our kids and grandkids about this short old man who whipped a bunch of huge athletes into shape and had them win championship after championship.

It just sucks he doesn't coach at A&M...
StrykerAg
AG
MicheIangeIo said:

Loser

Feel better now, cupcake?
deadbq03
AG
I loathe Bama until I watch them play.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
OP is Deacon Blues
aggiejim70
AG
suprafly03 said:

Greatness is what we all strive for. To watch Saban consistently put a championship product on the field is amazing.

He doesn't get tired, sick, burned out, bored, complacent like many would/do. He has achieved something I can't imagine I'll ever see again in my lifetime, or maybe even my kids.

This is an era of College football that we can look back on fondly and tell our kids and grandkids about this short old man who whipped a bunch of huge athletes into shape and had them win championship after championship.

And the eternal question is.........Would that short old man have won all those championships had he been coaching at Texas A&M.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
pirmag
AG
My guess is no.
CatmanBoo
StrykerAg said:

MicheIangeIo said:

Loser

Feel better now, cupcake?

Cupcakes?! Did someone say cupcakes! Nom nom nom.
Maroon from the womb.
CatmanBoo
The answer is no, the media wouldn't back us like they do blue bloods which helps them perpetuate greatness
Maroon from the womb.
heddy Lamarr
AG
We beat them..then fired the coach who pulled it off
HoustonAg2014
AG
We beat them them two of the greatest players in College Football history graduated early and went to the pros...

I'll give credit where it is due but let's not get crazy thinking that we pull off that win without JFF and Mike along with all the other studs that season.
ag-bq-seventy
AG
aggiejim70 said:

suprafly03 said:

And the eternal question is.........Would that short old man have won all those championships had he been coaching at Texas A&M.
You and I know the answer to that.
schmellba99
AG
heddy Lamarr said:

We beat them once
We played to the wire once
We have had our butts handed to us since then

Let's not try to revise history from what it is.
4L Aggie
AG
heddy Lamarr said:

Got our hides handed to us the next time we played there 0-59 by the same coach which is not competitive for a D1 program.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.