Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

No more capital fund donations at Kyle

6,181 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Hehateme1
BeatHellOutOfTU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just sent an email out stating no more capital fund donations required to get season tickets... adding seats Just got much cheaper
FishingAggie
We must have big $$$$$$$$
chipotle
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

Just sent an email out stating no more capital fund donations required to get season tickets... adding seats Just got much cheaper

Until they raise ticket prices.
Bonfire1996
AG
This is what happens when you take capital donations, invest them, sell bonds to pay for the stadium, and then the market goes up 40%. Sound financial management.
dirkjones
AG
Les Appelt 1999 said:

This is what happens when you take capital donations, invest them, sell bonds to pay for the stadium, and then the market goes up 40%. Sound financial management.

Capital contributions were only to be for 5 years, seems to me it has been 5 years so don't think was related to any sound financial management.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
I think it was you had 5 years to pay it, not that it would only last 5 years
Vader 2020
Les Appelt 1999 said:

This is definitely not why they are getting rid of them.
bennyboobooboo
AG
This is the reason why it's no longer required (because it's no longer tax-deductible).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2017/12/22/gop-tax-law-could-cost-top-college-athletic-departments-millions/#187119feabea
OldAg68
AG
So happy I was able to contribute before they stopped accepting $$$.

I'm still butt hurt about getting thrown under the bus on seat donation cost, location and parking.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
bennyboobooboo said:

This is the reason why it's no longer required (because it's no longer tax-deductible).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2017/12/22/gop-tax-law-could-cost-top-college-athletic-departments-millions/#187119feabea

What would they care about the taxes on it?
arontc09
AG
I imagine that they jack up ticket prices in kind to cover the lost "donations". You don't get to write off either one anymore, so why play games with pricing? Plus, you can pay season ticket holders back by upping the face value of tickets. This assuming that most season ticket holders sell off a game or two due to inability to attend.
Ag CPA
AG
Nah, this is what happens when nobody wants to buy season tickets.

Kidding aside, I am guessing they are trying to address the tax reform changes as mentioned above.
BQ_90
AG
you still will have a donation to pay, capital campaign was never going to be permanent.
Hehateme1
So, I just got season tickets last year after 20 yr break. I've just paid the 2nd installment on capitol donation. Still have to pay the next 3 years? Haven't got an e-mail yet.
Leander - Ag
AG
Why now
TXAGBQ76
AG
What donations are lost?
TXAGBQ76
AG
No it isn't. The capital campaign was for paying for the stadium only; donors were allowed to take five years to pay their commitments- this is year five. Has nothing to do with tax laws.

The only donations affected by the new tax laws are the 12th Man donations going forward.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
FNMikey said:

So, I just got season tickets last year after 20 yr break. I've just paid the 2nd installment on capitol donation. Still have to pay the next 3 years? Haven't got an e-mail yet.

You had bad timing... you still owe your pledge
monarch
S
I'm done; paid it off prior to last dseason.
Peace for Ukraine!
Hehateme1
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

FNMikey said:

You had bad timing... you still owe your pledge
Kind of what I thought. I've always told others that the best way to get rich was to watch what I do .. and do the complete opposite. Oh well.. I'm still excited for this next season.
Hehateme1
Here's link for 12th Man Foundation:

https://12thmanfoundation.com/magazine/articles/kyle-field-campaign-celebration
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.