Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

New Offense/Defense

6,998 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DTuba
DTuba
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just curious if anyone has been able to find a decent youtube video that has just offensive snaps with Fisher at the helm and/or defensive snaps with Elko at the helm. Would love to watch it to have a better idea of what to look forward to in the next few years.

I know there'll be significant differences (*gasp* power run concepts and. . . TEs?) but it would be nice to see it all consolidated in one place.

Offseason sucks. Need more footbaw!!
Hehateme1
I remember seeing a posted video of Fla State vs Wake when Elko was DC there. It was very entertaining. Be worth a google if you can find it.
TrustinAgs
Jameis tapes are some of the better to watch.

Skrong then?
SABUILDERAG
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2912503/replies
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
I bet you can find one from fourth and goal from the six inch line...where they line up under center.
S.A. Aggie
AG
Very nice!!
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
SABUILDERAG said:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2912503/replies
On that defensive philosophy: watch/listen to 4:20-4:50- That's how our Sumlin teans usually were beat
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
TheWoodsAg
AG
5 condensed games with comments here:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2915075/replies/50667452

For Defense I suggest looking at Notre Dame from 2017 and Wake Forrest 2015-16
agwin12
AG
Would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when the new coordinators watched film on our past defensive schemes and offensive plays.
"A life lived for others is a life worthwhile" - Albert Einstein
DSAG
agwin12 said:

Would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when the new coordinators watched film on our past defensive schemes and offensive plays.
The offense will be significantly different but have no clue about the defense.
I was never enamored with Chavis and look forward to what Elko can do.
Implementation of new systems will require some patience especially with our early schedule this year including Bama and Clemson.
Geriatric Punk
AG
agwin12 said:

For the laughter?
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
NoahAg
Funny how things change:

RC era, and the Gulf Coast Offense: 3 yards and a cloud of dust! Where's the offense!

Fran option era: Where's the vertical passing game?!

Sumlin era: We need a power running game!

Jimbo era: Now we grind it out!
ashley
It's still about players.
beerad12man
AG
Yes, but I think it's also clear Jimbo is far more innovative on offense than RC ever was. We were as basic as can be. Jimbo runs 3 wide, 4 wide, power I, counters, isos, all kinds of west coast concepts. It won't be run run pass punt.
hunter2012
AG
agwin12 said:

Can you imagine the hours and hours of this:

DTuba
Thanks for the links and videos, helped me scratch an itch!
B-1 83
AG
Coaches are probably waiting for all the Zoo o/d suggestions to come in before making up their mind.
aggiebrad94
AG
Tough to beat the OU linebacker in '99 saying they spent 30 minutes one practice learning our entire offense. We obviously never learned theirs that year (lost 51-6).
Rongagin71
AG
The way I remember it, the idea was to only have a few plays but to execute those plays very, very well.
This worked until we came up against teams with top quality players, and then we would get stopped and our scoring for the game would depend on special teams and the results of a few trick plays.
Actual Talking Thermos
Rongagin71 said:

The way I remember it, the idea was to only have a few plays but to execute those plays very, very well.
This worked until we came up against teams with top quality players, and then we would get stopped and our scoring for the game would depend on special teams and the results of a few trick plays.
Sounds a lot like the Malzahn model
Lateralus Ag
AG
NoahAg said:

Funny how things change:

RC era, and the Gulf Coast Offense: 3 yards and a cloud of dust! Where's the offense!

Fran option era: Where's the vertical passing game?!

Sumlin era: We need a power running game!

Jimbo era: Now we grind it out!

If we were winning we wouldn't have complained.
Amarillo Slim
AG
Everytime i see viddy of elkos defense it drives me nutts that there is no press man coverage 7nless th3 offense is in trips.
"Real happiness comes not from getting what we desire; but celebrating what we have."
DTuba
So I watched all of the videos, scratched the itch, and came away drinking koolaid. . . Hopefully I'm not alone on that, am I?

Very impressed with the running game, more specifically the RB's grit. Even when there wasn't much for him to take, he made things happen regardless.

Also, if Elko's line at WF was that disruptive, would it be wrong to expect something moreso from A&M? Better talent and some absolute studs at LB?

Not to mention the DB coach seems like he has quite the record in terms of secondary coverage. He was just promoted to associate head coach before leaving for A&M.

If things work out as they should, how soon do you think Fisher will have to start replacing staff as they leave for other positions? (Like Bama) I'm honestly thinking that this staff doesn't stay together for more than one season.

. . . Is it okay to drink the koolaid?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.