Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Guess how high the TMF raises ticket prices

8,884 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by chipotle
Pro Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here is what the TMF site currently says about season tickets:
Quote:

Please note that 2018 season ticket prices have not been set, but you can see 2017 prices by clicking here.

https://www.12thmanfoundation.com/ticket-center/promotions/2018-football-season-tickets

In past years, they wanted season ticket holders to commit to renewing prior to NSD. While we have terms to our seating agreements season ticket cost is the only way for the TMF to get more $ out of us.

I am guessing it goes up $60/seat for next year. I also wouldn't be surprised if they have a slightly steeper increase for the benchback and armchair seats too.

What do you think?
Schall 02
AG
Methinks they better be worried about the new tax law making season tickets more expensive already.
Pro Ag
AG
They did address that a bit by offering us the ability to donate in 2017 to go towards our 2018 seats.

I do agree though, just don't think that is how the TMF thinks. They are looking for more $ to come in.
chipotle
They need to wait and see how jimbo does in 2018. Lots of 8-5 anger left...including myself.
jackrabbit
AG
Well it is kinda their job to raise as much $ as possible...granted they have to be wise about it.
I kinda wonder if many would be willing to pay a little more going forward since I think most of the renovation donations are paid up now ( is that right)
TexasAggiesWin
S
Bout tree fiddy
W
AG
last year a season ticket on the west side was $490 for 7 games.

that was essentially $70 per game (already)
Charlie 31
AG
Schall 02 said:

Methinks they better be worried about the new tax law making season tickets more expensive already.
This is a really big issue that is going to change the college football private donation landscape. With the large increase in the standard federal income tax deduction and the decrease in the amount of local/state tax write-offs, many middle-class and upper-middle-class donors will likely opt out of college sports "donations" for seating and other benefits at athletic events.
cavscout96
AG
Don't forget though that SEC payout was almost $41M. Three years of that and we pay Sumlin's buyout and all of Fishers 10 year contract plus about ~$35M. Not sure a ticket increase is warranted just yet. If the team get 10 wins next season......watch out for 2019. Of course there are the new track and softball facilities going in so.....who knows.
Al Bula
AG
Don't care. Not buying.
BigRed12
AG
jackrabbit said:

Well it is kinda their job to raise as much $ as possible...granted they have to be wise about it.
I kinda wonder if many would be willing to pay a little more going forward since I think most of the renovation donations are paid up now ( is that right)
They can raise money by having a coach put a team on the field that wins more than 8 games. If they want the dough win some freaking games at Kyle against a real opponent.
bruno319
AG
I see them capitalizing on the excitement of a new coach and staff and raising ticket prices now, not waiting on the culmination of Jimbo's first season. And, I wouldn't be surprised if they raised them to an even $600 because of Clemson. They kept total ticket prices the same for two years (I paid $490 for game tickets per seat in both 2016 and 2017). Though they did get creative on the individual ticket pricing this past season.

I prefer paper tickets for my first deck seats. Since I get printed tickets, I can see the face value for each game. Prior to last year, our cheapest ticket has been $55-60 for cupcake games and most expensive had been LSU at $110 in 2016. This past year, though, cupcake games were valued at $40 but Bama was bumped to $175. I assumed it was to make guaranteed sell outs bring in more to offset the downturn in season ticket sales and lower attendance, in general, after another meltdown under Sumlin in 2016.

I think they raise game tickets now with the new momentum and Clemson at home, so they have option to keep price same next year if year 1 under Jimbo is just so-so.
AGAZ03
AG
I bet the gross sum of tickets sales for the season comes out to an increase of 75 million.

Give it take 10.6 million for losses.

Just a guess.
cavscout96
AG
i can see the logic in this as well
Zman91
AG
Pro Ag said:

Here is what the TMF site currently says about season tickets:
Quote:

Please note that 2018 season ticket prices have not been set, but you can see 2017 prices by clicking here.

https://www.12thmanfoundation.com/ticket-center/promotions/2018-football-season-tickets

In past years, they wanted season ticket holders to commit to renewing prior to NSD. While we have terms to our seating agreements season ticket cost is the only way for the TMF to get more $ out of us.

I am guessing it goes up $60/seat for next year. I also wouldn't be surprised if they have a slightly steeper increase for the benchback and armchair seats too.

What do you think?

I have had season tickets since the mid 90s and I don't believe I have ever been asked by the TMF to commit to renewing prior to NSD. Seems like it has been March/April timeframe.
NowhereMan
Im not paying more I m stuck in the section the visitors fans sit most have passed a crazy test and the Aggie fans near me have a compulsive talking disorder. Stay at the tail gate.
aggiepaintrain
AG
I doubt they raise them at all
W
AG
I think this question has been asked before...

if a current season ticket holder requests to move to better seats (or just other seats)...are they also on the hook for the capital campaign fee of their new seats?

whether or not the previous season ticket holder (in those seats) already paid the capital fee in full for the 5-year period
bruno319
AG
W said:

if a current season ticket holder requests to move to better seats (or just other seats)...are they also on the hook for the capital campaign fee of their new seats?

whether or not the previous season ticket holder (in those seats) already paid the capital fee in full for the 5-year period

IIRC, it has nothing to do with what anyone did that might have had those seats before. It's what you've done. So, if you're a current season ticket holder, and you upgrade, I believe you pay the difference in capital campaign requirement from your existing seats to new seats. So basically, you get credit for what you already gave them toward a capital campaign contribution. This far into the campaign, don't know if that has changed. But that's how it worked for me in 2016 season. I paid the difference.
Schall 02
AG
Correct.
The Collective
AG
Secondary market. Thanks to all that buy and flood the market with cheap tix.
MidTnAg
AG
It would help attendance (and make raised ticket prices more acceptable), if we did not play three home games against cupcake teams.

Noncompetitive 2018 games:
Northwestern State - a weak FCS team.
Louisiana-Monroe - #110 out of 130 FBS teams.
UAB - #97 out of 130 FBS teams.

Teams ranked last season 61-70.
Indiana Pittsburgh Temple Northern Illinois north Texas Wyoming SMU Marshall Minnesota Florida.

Teams ranked 71-80.
California Virginia Maryland Syracuse Central Michigan Louisiana Tech Nebraska Vanderbilt Colorado State Tulane.
jja79
AG
Every one plays some easy home games.
W
AG
I was thinking the opposite...

not losing home games by 21 points to State or 15 points to Auburn...might boost season ticket sales more (as opposed to cupcakes on the schedule).

-------

what does it feel like to spend $200 or $300 in the secondary market for a big game...and then the Ags get waxed?
Pelayo
AG
W said:

not losing home games by 21 points to State or 15 points to Auburn...might boost season ticket sales more (as opposed to cupcakes on the schedule).

-------

what does it feel like to spend $200 or $300 in the secondary market for a big game...and then the Ags get waxed?
It feels great
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Gizzards
AG
The majority of donors donate for the opportunity to get football tickets and not because they will get the tax write off. The deduction has always been a pleasant bonus for me. Some may use the loss of the deduction as the reason for dropping their donations or reducing them, but I think it will have less of an impact than many folks believe.
AgsWin2011
AG
Don't care. I enjoy watching the games on my 75" tv and I live about 15 minutes from Kyle Field. Maybe when the product on the field changes I will reconsider.
Pro Ag
AG
You are correct. Looking back at emails, the capital donation is what they wanted prior to 1/31 one year.

However in January last year we were told the process would start on 3/1 and received some info.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Pelayo said:

W said:

-------

It feels great

Doesn't surprise me that you would say it feels great when we lose.
bruno319
AG
bruno319 said:

W said:

IIRC, it has nothing to do with what anyone did that might have had those seats before. It's what you've done. So, if you're a current season ticket holder, and you upgrade, I believe you pay the difference in capital campaign requirement from your existing seats to new seats. So basically, you get credit for what you already gave them toward a capital campaign contribution. This far into the campaign, don't know if that has changed. But that's how it worked for me in 2016 season. I paid the difference.

Quick update. TMF sent notice today that capital campaign is complete, so only per seat annual donation required for any new tickets. Per email to donors today:

"Moving forward, new season ticket purchases will only require an annual seat contribution in addition to the ticket cost. New ticket purchases will no longer require a Kyle Field Campaign gift."
chipotle
Yep, time to raise prices.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.