Story Poster
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

Aggie head coach Jimbo Fisher talks 2018 recruiting push, Signing Day

February 7, 2018

Key quotes from Jimbo Fisher interview:

• "I'm very excited. Our staff has done a tremendous job of getting our message across. I like the energy we've created and the players we've gotten."

• "Early signing period changed everything because it took a lot of guys off the table. As a new staff we had less than two weeks to build a relationship. The thing you have to be careful of is not reaching for players just to fill a need."

• "Extremely impressed. This validates everything I heard when we hired them. Recruiting is all about building relationships, and it's all about tireless effort."

• "Our staff has tried to sell our culture, and I think they've done a good job of that. Great players want to play with great players, and they want to see where the future is. Our staff has done a really good job of selling our future, where they fit in."

•"That's our lifeline. The coaches and players in high school are our life line. The high school football in Texas is serious and the commitment level is high. You have to build relationships with those guys. We're all in this thing together."

• "We have enough guys that we think we can win SEC championships with and National Championships with."

• "Some of our greatest players at Florida State were 3-stars."

Discussion from...

Aggie head coach Jimbo Fisher talks 2018 recruiting push, Signing Day

14,857 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgCat93
LatinAggie1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The sleeping giant is rolling around and ready to jump up.
CrazyDayDuck
Great close to the 2018 class and great start to the 2019 class.
StickTogetherAgs
Vepp
FarmersFight95
AG
We're gonna be great next year!
elfurioso92
Mr. Black
AgCat93
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.