Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

5 For Yell Video

24,300 Views | 163 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sully
TrustinAgs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Results of votes?????
SA Ag 91
AG
https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/4db4f5_d52568fdf3ec45da8197aa24b23f8509.pdf
ABATTBQ11
AG
CJS4715 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

It's not the Corps as a whole, it's just 2-3 frat-like units within the Corps.

Which outfits have frat tendencies?

From what I remember, E1, E2, Sq-16, Sq-17, and a couple of others, but they have added and removed tons since I was there. I'm sure lots have changed, too.

However, a coworker's son spent the night with one of the above (won't name names) recently and they had some bad things to say. Whole thing was a ****show, and my co-worker got the impression that it was more of a frat than an ROTC unit.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
double fault said:

Sbisa Chef said:

Unless 12th Man Jesus was running, then I'd probably vote for him. But he's not.

Oh man. 12th man Jesus would have a massive victory margin if he got in there.

I don't know. A couple of years ago, there used to be a guy that would ride a beer cooler to all of his classes. Same kind of celebrity. He ended up running and got creamed.
champagnepapi

Too much time on that cooler
waltonloads11
AG
"Cooler Guy", I don't think ever had a good enough support system to win. He was very popular, but he was running a campaign off of riding around on a cooler.

Typically, if a non-reg was to beat 5 for yell, they would need a good support system. Fish Camp, organizations, a frat, etc. Combine with a pretty decent slogan and message. Than they would have a shot. Normally, from what I see, they would have need to run for a junior yell leader position (not win) and come back and run for a senior yell leader position.

I always wondered what would happen if a non-reg would win a junior yell leader position. Would 5 for Yell put him on their ballot? Would the non-reg create his own group to run against 5 for Yell? Would 5 for Yell run as just 4 people?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
No he'd be on the ballot the next year, unless he was a complete moron. 5 for yell is the Yell Leader's organization, not the corps. That's why you will see even the non reg seniors campaigning the next year for the 5 for yell guys.
waltonloads11
AG
But "5 for Yell" is linked to the "Corps Block" which is strictly the Corps of Cadets. You are saying they will make an exception and put the non-reg on the "5 for Yell" campaign?
Olsen
AG
Sbisa Chef said:

Unless 12th Man Jesus was running, then I'd probably vote for him. But he's not.
That's why the Write-Ins candidate box exists during voting.
amercer
AG
https://www.redcuprebellion.com/2018/2/26/17056220/texas-am-yell-leaders-2018-2019
Jock 07
AG
amercer said:

https://www.redcuprebellion.com/2018/2/26/17056220/texas-am-yell-leaders-2018-2019
Ole miss questioning our diversity? That's rich.
TrustinAgs
Any victory videos? Who won?
champagnepapi
The videos worked

5 for yell worked
Aston04
AG
Of course they won. Corps turds + Boot Chasers + Apathy of rest of student body= Win. Even if the group the CTs picked are especially embarrassing.

Only time a non-reg wins is if he has some sort of gimmick that gets attention (like the Black non-reg guy who won around 2003ish who had a funny name- Boo?).
champagnepapi
Aston04 said:

Of course they won. Corps turds + Boot Chasers + Apathy of rest of student body= Win. Even if the group the CTs picked are especially embarrassing.

Only time a non-reg wins is if he has some sort of gimmick that gets attention (like the Black non-reg guy who won around 2003ish who had a funny name- Boo?).

What's the gimmick? Him being black or this racially charged statement?
Aston04
AG
Way to not completely read my statement- his name was boo?I think? that was the gimmick. But nice try at race baiting.
Aston04
AG
Looked it up- his nickname on the ballot was boo boo.

That was the gimmick.
aggie_fan13
AG
Let's just say it, yell leaders suck now and we need women in short skirts twirling around
champagnepapi
azulAg said:

Let's just say it, yell leaders suck now and we need women in short skirts twirling around

Aston04
AG
champagnepapi said:

Aston04 said:

Looked it up- his nickname on the ballot was boo boo.

That was the gimmick.

Why did you feel the need to add in "black" non reg guy? Was that part of your gimmick accusation? Just leave race out of it.
bc I was trying to remember who he he was... If I just said the one nonreg who went by boo? It would be less descriptive to try to figure it out.

aggiefan09
AG
Well he could have said you know the guy dressed in white that went by a nickname, that would really narrow it down.
AggieTFA06
AG
In 2006, a non-reg won because he ran a great campaign and outworked 5 for yell.

In 2012, a non-reg won because one of the corps yell leader was suspended for an entire football season for a hazing incident.

A few years ago, a non-reg won because one of the corps yell candidates was pictured making offensive sexual poses in front of the Bonfire Memorial as a part of fish camp and didn't apologize for it until after he thought he won and before a revote occurred which led to him losing in the revote.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
champagnepapi
I'm not tracking the last one. Sounds like it was covered up pretty Well
FILO505
AG
Within the borders of campus life, it was massive news. He took inappropriate pictures at Bonfire Memorial, but the re-vote was due to the election commission screwing everything up(yet again). The outgoing seniors mandated a new vote to clarify and, despite the student body complaining that it was because the non-reg got elected, it actually verified the proper vote count. Hence, Stephen Lanz got elected as a non-reg.
Sully
AG
ChiliBeans said:

I knew it was Squadron something when we were in school (going by your class year). A lot of those guys actually rushed greek frats during their victory laps.

It sure as **** wasn't Sq 11 or Sq 13. We'd be the first ones to kick some ass on this stuff.

WTH did I just attempt to watch? New Army, indeed.

Damn.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.