Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Report out states 95% chance football and basketball players will be able to transfer

11,227 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by schmendeler
RJS_AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't like it. Imagine Saban recruits Johnny after 2012, recruits Lamar Jackson, recuirts Saquon Barkley, etc... Bama will poach 5 to 10 stars every year to come play one year for a national championship team. Everyone likes to discuss the backups transferring, but what about the All Conference players transferring.
runontexas
AG
College Foosball is a business, let them in on it!
bruno319
AG
Schools actually have the option of offering single year scholarships or multiyear, though most all just do single year. Schools can also pay for completion of degree after playing if they really wanted to. IIRC, A&M did that a couple years ago after a player was injured but it's not the norm.

From the NCAA website info on scholarships: "Division I schools may provide student-athletes with multiyear scholarships. Additionally, Division I schools may pay for student-athletes to finish their bachelor's or master's degrees after they finish playing NCAA sports."
BMX Bandit
report that NCAA also considering that kids can transfer without limitations if the coach leaves or is fired, but can't follow the coach:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/proposal-to-let-athletes-transfer-instantly-after-a-coaching-change-picks-up-steam/

the CBS homepage has a picture of Jimbo to sell the story. lame.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
arontc09 said:

Unless they are paying you to sign the non-compete, most terms will not hold up in court because they are coercive. Additionally, once employment is terminated, you are generally free to work for whoever will hire you, so long as you do not use knowledge of the prior employer to poach their business. And they have to prove that in court. At least in Texas. I don't know what other states' laws are.
In Florida, even the most stringent non-competes are routinely upheld by the courts. Judges do not even have to consider an inability to find work (for specialized employees) resulting from enforcement of a non-compete.
schmendeler
AG
waltu said:

They already are paid with a first class education, meals, lodging, Tudors and stipend. As well as medical care. Sounds good to me.

how about compensation for the value they help create above and beyond the cost of those items?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.