Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Special Teams

4,593 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Emilio Fantastico
Homie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did I miss something? I know it is of little concern, but who is coaching special teams now?

Who has been tasked with molding the next Kaser, Lambo, and other S/T greats?
Gyles Marrett
Peveto

Homie
AG
reeeeeaaaaaaally......

rbcs_2
AG
We have 2 coaches on staff that have both been ST coordinators.
hunter2012
AG
we have 3 or 4 coaches that have all coached special teams, maybe it's by committee.
Alpha Texan
AG
Taylor Bertolet for life
bruno319
AG
Randy Bullock for life
HirschfeldAg
We don't need a punter...if we ever get to fourth down we go for it
bruno319
AG
HirschfeldAg said:

Bertolet and Bullock are not punters. But, if we're talking punters, I'd have to go with Shane Lechler.

Agree we should see more "going for it on 4th down" under Jimbo, but I'm still thinking we should stay somewhat conventional and at least have kick-off and return teams.
Tamu_mgm
AG
hunter2012 said:

we have 3 or 4 coaches that have all coached special teams, maybe it's by committee.

I like that, but at the same time we need 1 guy to lead ST. Hope there is little to no drop off from Banks
. . .
FootballScoop said:

Texas A&M: Sources tell FootballScoop former Cleveland Browns special teams assistant Stan Watson is joining Jimbo Fisher's staff at A&M. Prior to joining the Browns staff in 2014, Watson served as special teams coordinator at Toledo for two seasons and was on staff at Bowling Green 2008 11, coaching defensive backs and linebackers with Texas A&M defensive coordinator Mike Elko.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
bruno319 said:

Agree we should see more "going for it on 4th down" under Jimbo, but I'm still thinking we should stay somewhat conventional and at least have kick-off and return teams.

Not sure where you got the idea that Jimbo would go for it on 4th down a lot. There was a recent article comparing Jimbo's offense to Sumlin's and Jimbo is near the bottom of D1 coaches at going for it on 4th down. Sumlin was middle of the pack.
hunter2012
AG
Jimbo's not near the bottom, he's the bottom for going for it on 4th with 40 fewer attempts then the next program.
SEC Champs
AG
J_R said:

FootballScoop said:

NTexas A&M: Sources tell FootballScoop former Cleveland Browns special teams assistant Stan Watson is joining Jimbo Fisher's staff at A&M. Prior to joining the Browns staff in 2014, Watson served as special teams coordinator at Toledo for two seasons and was on staff at Bowling Green 2008 11, coaching defensive backs and linebackers with Texas A&M defensive coordinator Mike Elko.

I thought our staff was finalized. So is he our 10th assistant per the new rule?
Camino
AG
hunter2012 said:

Jimbo's not near the bottom, he's the bottom for going for it on 4th with 40 fewer attempts then the next program.
If you don't get to 4th down very often you don't have the opportunity to go for it on 4th down . . .
BeardedWoodsman17
AG
bruno319 said:

HirschfeldAg said:

Agree we should see more "going for it on 4th down" under Jimbo
Except that statistically Jimbo went for it on fourth down less often than Sumlin. JS
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Camino said:

hunter2012 said:

If you don't get to 4th down very often you don't have the opportunity to go for it on 4th down . . .

Also, if you're not behind on the scoreboard, you don't tend to go for it on 4th down very much either.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.