Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Early Signees

15,734 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BleacherRat
BleacherRat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thank you RGLAG85,

I appreciate your post.

I can understand how I might appear on this board. I can only assume the reason for the trouble getting "in" here is because of so many sip trolls, I get that.

Frankly, I'm kind of tired of trying to document myself. I'm kind of tired of trying to prove who I am, explain why I'm here, and what my plans are on the board. I don't mean to sound cruel, but most everyone on this board sounds like my tsip brother-in-law on Thanksgiving.."how many national championships does A&M have?" or "I heard ya'll fired your coach" and crap like that. So, I go on defending the Aggie tradition, the Aggie program, the 12th Man. I try to be a small slice of the 12th Man and get nothing but push back. Is this the proud tradition I wanted so badly t be a part of? To be berated for my military service? To be berated like a 2nd class citizen because I just wanted to see what it was like to even assume I could be a part of the class organization like A&M?

Nah, with all due respect RGLAG85, while I really appreciate the offer, I need to put "put my MBA to use" today and get some things accomplished business-wise. Thank you for being classy though. It does give me a small glimmer of hope about the 12th Man that I heard so much about.
bruno319
AG
Hey Lew, I wish the sarcasm and what many will argue is just fun, ribbing, a joke, didn't cross over into vitriol as often as it does. There is a difference between sarcasm and personal attacks. Yet, such seems to be the way of things when people can hide behind a keyboard and aren't having a face-to-face.

This is in no way indicative of the real 12th Man, nor do I think any school's message boards should be taken as a true reflection of their fanbase.

Come to College Station for a visit, game weekend or not, and you'll see a good representation. Come a game weekend if you can and experience Kyle, interact with Aggies face-to-face, and feel the true spirit of the 12th Man. Be happy to have you at our tailgate, it's meager but fun. I'm sure we can find an extra ticket one game weekend (if it's not Clemson, of course) ...haha!

Thank you for your service! And, Gig'em!
BleacherRat
bruno319 said:

Hey Lew, I wish the sarcasm and what many will argue is just fun, ribbing, a joke, didn't cross over into vitriol as often as it does. There is a difference between sarcasm and personal attacks. Yet, such seems to be the way of things when people can hide behind a keyboard and aren't having a face-to-face.

This is in no way indicative of the real 12th Man, nor do I think any school's message boards should be taken as a true reflection of their fanbase.

Come to College Station for a visit, game weekend or not, and you'll see a good representation. Come a game weekend if you can and experience Kyle, interact with Aggies face-to-face, and feel the true spirit of the 12th Man. Be happy to have you at our tailgate, it's meager but fun. I'm sure we can find an extra ticket one game weekend (if it's not Clemson, of course) ...haha!

Thank you for your service! And, Gig'em!
Bruno, thank you so much!

Full disclosure here. I had the chance to go to an Aggie tailgate when the Aggies and Johnny Football destroyed Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl. Some of the nicest people I ever met. They treated me like family for about 4 hours. In fact, one of my most memorable videos I ever recorded was at that event.

Truth be told, I've never been to a game at Kyle Field. It's on my bucket list. I some times feel like Rudy just on the outside of ND Stadium.

Thanks again Bruno, you never know, maybe I can one day take you up on your offer, but the main thing is, you offered. It means a lot to me.
Gig em.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.