Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bama player who tried to punch coach on sidelines transfers

13,689 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tbirdspur2010
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whether this is his decision or sabans, that didn't take long.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/report-alabama-lb-mekhi-brown-restrained-title-game-transferred/
TexasAggiesWin
S
Came here to post this as well. I'm sure Saban helped Mekhi Brown come to this decision
Mike Elko
AG
Actually surprised it took this long to send him packing. What a POS.
hunter2012
AG
Saban:
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Onion man is going to cry.
aggiedent
AG
Saban led teams have no discipline. He's lost control of the team. Eye roll directed at certain posters who would have said exactly that, if it happened at A&M.
Bone6

Quote:

Eye roll directed at certain posters who would have said exactly that, if it happened at A&M.
This joke is silly when there were times Sumlin really did let things get out of hand during his tenure where posters concern was warranted. He was let go. There were times he did not manage situations well and let them become a mess.
12thmanfootball
AG
Some things never change with Bama and College Football. From Bear Bryant loading the sidelines with 150+players (before the scholarship limit). To Saban playing his ****ing animals and getting the majority of the calls during the game.

**** Bama and their one-toothed ****ing fans.
dcaggie04
AG
He was already going to transfer to TSU even before the bowl game (He had applied and was accepted I believe). Also, Saban didn't even bench him after his incident. He was back out there on special teams later in the game.
45-70Ag
AG
I'm not a saban apologist but there's probably a good chance saban didn't even know what he did on the sidelines until after the game
RGLAG85
AG
Does he need a place to land?
FullDraw
AG
So glad that we have moved on from Sumlin and team cohesion was a problem at times, but basic team discipline is something that was a strong point IMO. He let key kids go immediately time after time for disciplinary reasons. Kids that would have continued on for OU.
Ian Neff
AG
He was made an offer.
Couldn't refuse.
halfastros81
AG
I think your'e spot on or he would never have gotten back on the field.

After Saban saw it all on film I bet he was told his scholly was gone.
Texas_Aggie_12
AG
12thmanfootball said:

Some things never change with Bama and College Football. From Bear Bryant loading the sidelines with 150+players (before the scholarship limit). To Saban playing his ****ing animals and getting the majority of the calls during the game.

**** Bama and their one-toothed ****ing fans.

You jealous bruh?
halfastros81
AG
Quote:

He let key kids go immediately time after time for disciplinary reasons.

He did but he had to be pushed to do so on at least on one occasion. The transfer wr from Oregon should have been let go immediately after his incident and he wasn't.
wasabi1787
AG
Tennessee State University, soon to be followed by Tennessee State Penitentiary. People with that little self control don't last long in civilization.
AG
wasabi1787 said:

Tennessee State University, soon to be followed by Tennessee State Penitentiary. People with that little self control don't last long in civilization.

This is true.

But if he has a couple of good years left, we could use a linebacker.
DallasAg 94
So after Tennessee State... what are the odds:

Auburn
OU
Baylor
TrustinAgs
Saban churns the roster each year. Jimbo doesn't believe in it. You offer a kid a full ride for 4 years, not 1 or 2.

Saban don't care.
HoustonAg2106
AG
TrustinAgs said:

Saban churns the roster each year. Jimbo doesn't believe in it. You offer a kid a full ride for 4 years, not 1 or 2.

Saban don't care.

Seems to work for him
Seven Costanza
AG
Not a real bold decision when your entire roster is filled with 4 and 5 star recruits.
BBQ4Me
AG
How was he allowed to play in the game if he had already transferred?
CrazyDayDuck
halfastros81 said:

Quote:

He let key kids go immediately time after time for disciplinary reasons.

He did but he had to be pushed to do so on at least on one occasion. The transfer wr from Oregon should have been let go immediately after his incident and he wasn't.

Ah come on.

It was jock itch.
texag84
AG
Baylor - here he comes.....
whatthehey78
AG
Bone6 said:

Quote:

Eye roll directed at certain posters who would have said exactly that, if it happened at A&M.
This joke is silly when there were times Sumlin really did let things get out of hand during his tenure where posters concern was warranted. He was let go. There were times he did not manage situations well and let them become a mess.
I'm not sure KDS ever managed anything. Strictly "hands off" locker room. Good luck Arizona.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
Windy City Ag
AG
TSU has to replace this guy. Makes sense.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/11/13/tennessee-state-latrelle-lee-expelled-coach-punch-video

Quote:

A football player at Tennessee State University was dismissed from the team and subsequently expelled from the school after he punched a coach on the sideline during a game this weekend.

Latrelle Lee, a senior defensive end, punched strength and conditioning coach T.J. Greenstone in the head, knocking Greenstone to the ground.
bigcat22
AG
I mean, you allow swag and WWE championship belts on your sidelines and this type of stuff is bound to happen. I bet he had a rap song in his head when he was doing this.
TXAggie2011
AG
TrustinAgs said:

Saban don't care.
This is a weird comment because the kid just acted a fool on the sidelines; we don't know why he is transferring but we know he is not some guy that had done everything right but Saban said "get out."

On the whole at Alabama, a lot of it is probably the kid's decision. He tried to make it in the best, most talented program and it didn't work out.

And Florida State had a number of players transfer under Jimbo Fisher.

gnjoiner
4 said:

wasabi1787 said:

This is true.

But if he has a couple of good years left, we could use a linebacker.
Surely you jest!
Gnjoiner
Azariah
AG
Kid still falls into the string of recruiting classes that got a ring under Saban.
aggiedent
AG
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sure Sumlin handled things like the Allen/Murray fiasco very poorly. That's not my point. My point was that some posters took the opportunity to label every single little problem that occurred as an example that Sumlin lost control of the program.

The truth is that if you recruit the best recruit football players you can find, some are going to get in trouble. Drugs, fighting, whatever.

I still think my post was spot on............and the fact that Sumlin didn't handle a few situations very well, does not change that.

Bone6
Quote:

.....and the fact that Sumlin didn't handle a few situations very well, does not change that.
But it does change that...for a joke to be funny it has to be rooted in truth, which in this context is "People are splitting hairs over every minor thing that happens in the program while overall Sumlin has the program in a fine state". Sorry, but that premise was false. Sumlin didn't have the program in a fine state overall.

This joke became a tired one because on every thread where someone voiced a concern about something in the program they would get a heavy dose of this.

Sure, in the context of thousands of threads/posts I'm sure there were some that were downright silly concerns, but the overall narrative that posters were voicing false concerns isn't true. There were valid concerns about the programs. There were major issues during his tenure where Sumlin didn't have his **** together.
bruno319
AG
Windy City Ag said:

TSU has to replace this guy. Makes sense.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/11/13/tennessee-state-latrelle-lee-expelled-coach-punch-video

Quote:

A football player at Tennessee State University was dismissed from the team and subsequently expelled from the school after he punched a coach on the sideline during a game this weekend.

Latrelle Lee, a senior defensive end, punched strength and conditioning coach T.J. Greenstone in the head, knocking Greenstone to the ground.

Nice catch! Forgot about this incident. Interesting they'd kick one kid out for punching a coach, then accept another on transfer who is obviously capable of the same thing.
Gidnik
i think i read somewhere he was enrolled prior to the NC game. but in any case, why would anyone touch him?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.