Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Saban has lost control of his OC: Daboll to Buffalo

5,772 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by superunknown
superunknown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BTKAG97
AG
Sadly, Saban probably has a coaching waitlist that will last him the next 10 years.
Toptierag2018
Who ever they hire will be their 4th offensive coordinator in 3 years.

They will be on their 3rd defensive coordinator in 4 years as well.
Toptierag2018
I read an article that Jake Fromm's dad said when Jake was committed to Bama Nick Saban hardly ever let him actually talk to the coordinators and made the recruitment all about Saban and Alabama. His dad said he thought that was strange and as we know Fromm ended up following Smart to Georgia once he got hired there.

Makes sense now when you lose coordinators to new jobs ever year. Your recruiting class would fall apart if the kids were signing with you because of their relationship with the coordinator that constantly ends up leaving.
SEC Champs
AG
Too bad Sumlin accepted the Arizona job. I would've loved to see him be the next OC at Bama.
Olsen
AG
This is the best opportunity for Sark to go back with Bama and Saban since his 1st year with the Falcons was terrible.
. . .
Well I guess good thing he can just plug in one of his 50 "offensive analyst" he has.
BMX Bandit
Wede01 said:

Too bad Sumlin accepted the Arizona job. I would've loved to see him be the next OC at Bama.

He was as likely to get that job as he was to get DC for Georgia
BMX Bandit
Good Aggie Hunting said:

This is the best opportunity for Sark to go back with Bama and Saban since his 1st year with the Falcons was terrible.

That assumes Sabin wants him

Promote Locksley is my guess.
SEC Champs
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Wede01 said:

He was as likely to get that job as he was to get DC for Georgia

There really was a good joke in there you missed.
dixichkn
AG
So, theoretically, Bama's offensive recruiting class should just fall apart. Since, my gosh, kids don't choose schools, they choose coaches, right? How can they commit somewhere when they don't even know who their coordinator is going to be?

At least that's what I've kept hearing for the last couple of months.......
Reload8098
AG
Wede01 said:

I'd love to see that and the video of Saban walking out to the first practice when the music starts.
wyattearpsghost
Just goes to show what the old boy said: "Motor oil is motor oil, and coordinators are coordinators."

In other words, it's the head man that counts.
RGLAG85
AG
dixichkn said:

So, theoretically, Bama's offensive recruiting class should just fall apart. Since, my gosh, kids don't choose schools, they choose coaches, right? How can they commit somewhere when they don't even know who their coordinator is going to be?

At least that's what I've kept hearing for the last couple of months.......
And that's still true, did you not read above? At most schools the recruited athlete's relationship is a three headed monster, head coach, recruiter and position coach. At bama it's Nick Saban.
45-70Ag
AG
How long have the position coaches been there?

I know there's a couple that have been there for some time.
cr
Has losing a coach ever affected Saban?
edwardsk2003
AG
Affected him in the championship game last year....
SABUILDERAG
Something tells me that recruiting is easier at a program that has won 5 championships in ten years compared to one that is still fondly remembering a top ten team from 5 years ago.
TXAGBQ76
AG
He has lost total control over the OC position in general, as the next hire will be the fourth in just over 12 months.
CorpsAg11
AG
The "_____ has lost control of ______" thing wasn't even funny 4 yrs ago, much less now..
superunknown
AG
CorpsAg11 said:

The "_____ has lost control of ______" thing wasn't even funny 4 yrs ago, much less now..

Yeah, it's right up there with Rick Barnes removing himself from consideration as far as dumb things on the zoo go.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.