Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dead Period Over

9,986 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TrustinAgs
TrustinAgs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
3 Weeks to close strong.

Composite Team Ranking is #31

Jimbo now has his staff and he can rock it.

Maybe we can close and finish top 10!!! We have a lot of open slots to fill so possible.

Who are our biggest targets we need to land?

WR Waddle and WR Moore I have my eyes on.

QB James Foster

DE Ossai

Safety Leon O'Neal

but share your thoughts....
Lateralus Ag
AG
We will not finish top 10 in this class.

But probably top 20.

And like a few others have said, a lot of these kids would rather take the easy road in the BDF or somewhere other than the SEC West. And if that is the case, we truly don't want them. They saw the dominance of Bama's defense and the toughness they played with. Some folks just can't handle the challenge. And thats okay.

Its like some folks choose to be Marines or Army infantry. Some choose the Navy or the Air Force.

The Marines need the Navy to get where they are going and the infantry guys need air cover and a ride every now and then.

CreedBratton
Quote:

share your thoughts....

My thoughts are that this sentence

Quote:

WR Waddle and WR Moore I have my eyes on

Sounds very odd
schwack schwack
AG

Emilio Fantastico
AG
The 5-star CB our of California would be a nice addition.
FarmersFight95
AG
I'll take Jimbo and his staff and bunch of 3*s with a class ranked 35th, rather than KDS and his dam swag and crew with a Top 10 class.
TrustinAgs
OK. ????

Both of these players are GAME changers on the field.

Why is this board settling for the same expectations as prior years? We are the new Aggies!!!! We have Jimbo Fisher!

We demand and expect exceptional.
TrustinAgs
Name 1 team that has won a Natty with 3 Stars in past 20 years?

We are a Blue Chip school now. Jimbo will fight to get our Ratio of chippers above 60% soon. Bama and Georgia are 70+.

AG
FarmersFight95 said:

I'll take Jimbo and his staff and bunch of 3*s with a class ranked 35th, rather than KDS and his dam swag and crew with a Top 10 class.

I'll take the better athletes and a substitute coach and I'll win 7 of 10 minimum.
Lateralus Ag
AG
4 said:

FarmersFight95 said:

I'll take the better athletes and a substitute coach and I'll win 7 of 10 minimum.

Same result, no?
VatoLocoAggie
We will probably not finish in the Top 10 but should finish in the Top 20
Lateralus Ag
AG
TrustinAgs said:

We are a Blue Chip school now. Jimbo will fight to get our Ratio of chippers above 60% soon. Bama and Georgia are 70+.

Look, I am not arguing your point. Better athletes lead to better teams. That isn't debatable.

But star rankings are kind of self fulfilling. Saban has a kid on his list, he is at minimum a 4* guy.

We could see an increase is recruiting rankings simply because Jimbo is our coach and he has the championships that say he knows how to recruit.

In the aggregate stars are relatively accurate. Individually they are a crap shoot.
TexanJeff
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

TrustinAgs said:

Look, I am not arguing your point. Better athletes lead to better teams. That isn't debatable.

But star rankings are kind of self fulfilling. Saban has a kid on his list, he is at minimum a 4* guy.

We could see an increase is recruiting rankings simply because Jimbo is our coach and he has the championships that say he knows how to recruit.

In the aggregate stars are relatively accurate. Individually they are a crap shoot.
But that is what we are saying (me on other threads) we have to get an aggregate 4 star class because some will pan out and some won't. It is folly to just hope another Mike Evans or JJ Watt show up in order to compete for SEC Championships. We need depth and the ability to overcome natural attrition of college football.

And we need some help in this class to do that.
CreedBratton
TrustinAgs said:

Literally nobody is arguing with you about this.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
I understand that Billy Lucci is pretty damn good at what he does, but even if you don't read the man's newsletter how do so many people not understand you need TIME and a TEAM TRACK RECORD to sway a marquee recruit to your school.

Coach Fisher has NONE of these to show recruits who likely already decided on a school 2 or 3 MONTHS AGO(!).

I guess I don't have enough street cred to convince anyone that a top 20-25 class woul be a major coup (sp?) under the circumstances.

Meh, no skin off my nose.
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

4 said:

FarmersFight95 said:

Same result, no?

Sure, with a mediocre coach. That's my point.

Look, this whole, "I'd rather have average athletes and a great coach" thing is silly. You need BOTH, but as virtually every coach will tell you...

The teams that win generally have the best players.
dixichkn
AG
If we could just close with Ossai, Waddle and IT-S I'd be happy. Getting Leon back in the fold and solidifying Preston should be a must. Anything beyond that would be gravy.
Not_Sure
AG
TrustinAgs said:

3 Weeks to close strong.

Composite Team Ranking is #31

Jimbo now has his staff and he can rock it.

Maybe we can close and finish top 10!!! We have a lot of open slots to fill so possible.

Who are our biggest targets we need to land?

WR Waddle and WR Moore I have my eyes on.

QB James Foster

DE Ossai

Safety Leon O'Neal

but share your thoughts....

Agree that we need to close on Ossai and Leon. Foster would be gravy.

At WR, Jaylen + 1 of the recent Jimbo speedster offers. I think Josh Moore goes somewhere else.

As others have said, ITS should be a priority. Also, Cali DE Jeremiah Martin.

Desperately need 2 LB. 1 good one at a bare minimum.

Also, another TE and another RB.

OT or DT if we can get in on a blue chipper. Seems like we have a decent shot at a DT. Not sure there are any OT left to grab.
RGLAG85
AG
TexanJeff said:

Lateralus Ag said:

TrustinAgs said:

But that is what we are saying (me on other threads) we have to get an aggregate 4 star class because some will pan out and some won't. It is folly to just hope another Mike Evans or JJ Watt show up in order to compete for SEC Championships. We need depth and the ability to overcome natural attrition of college football.

Most of these top recruits have been recruited for the last 104 weeks and some of you think, because he's Jimbo, he can sway them away from a decision, in the next 3 weeks, they've probably made months ago. In your scenario, that's like us being down by three scores with 8 minutes to go in the 4th qtr., we fire Sumlin, hire Jimbo and you expect a win. I would just hope he'd finish competitively and move on to the next game.

We all know you need elite players to be consistently an elite team. But realistically, time is very short. If he closes this class anywhere near a top 20, that will be a major accomplishment. If he's not top 10 next year, then I worry.
Escobars army
With his track record of putting RB into the NFL and Graham being added at RB coach I'll be pretty shocked if we don't add a premier player at RB. Without injuries that combo coaches three RB currently starting in the NFL; Thompson, Cook, Freeman. It's time for us to get back to the RB factory we were in the 80's/90's.

Charles Strong seems like a no brainer as he was a FSU commit. Any word on Jim? Pairing him and Williams would be a great Thunder/Lightning combo, but look for us to add a top 5 RB in the 2019 class.
Chesapeake Ag
I'd like to see us close strong on the defensive side of the ball, as in O'Neal, Taylor-Stuart, Ossai, Martin, and flipping Coburn. It's a bonus that Tom Herman is desperate for DLs and Coburn is his only commit.

Otherwise a top RB would help because that's the position where a true fish can have an immediate impact.

I think we'll be surprised at how much better the OL can look simply because of less predictable play calling.
cevans_40
AG
Anyone seen any updates on the twatter or anywhere? Just wondering where the coaches are and who we are targeting.
Lateralus Ag
AG
TexanJeff said:

Lateralus Ag said:

TrustinAgs said:

I see what you are saying. And I agree 100%
Chesapeake Ag
Looks like A&M just offered Javontae Jean-Baptiste, 4 Star OLB out of NJ. He looks headed for tOSU but we need LBs in this class.
FDT 1999
AG
Smells like T-shirt sip in here.
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

Otherwise a top RB would help because that's the position where a true fish can have an immediate impact.
Supposedly pretty close to flipping the big kid from Bama, Vernon Jackson
Raptor
AG
TrustinAgs said:

UCF - 2017
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Batty
TrustinAgs said:

Johnny was a 3*. Trust the coaches and the let them do there jobs. If they believe a 3* has what it take by all means bring them in.

https://247sports.com/Player/Johnny-Manziel-7025
[url=https://247sports.com/Player/Johnny-Manziel-7025][/url]
Chesapeake Ag
Chesapeake Ag said:

Looks like A&M just offered Javontae Jean-Baptiste, 4 Star OLB out of NJ. He looks headed for tOSU but we need LBs in this class.

After watching his film he looks more like a DE to me, but DLs are also a must in the SEC. Very long build and faster than he looks because he's got a long stride.

I hope we can pull him in with a visit. Looks like the Ohio State offer came in only a day before the Ags

I think Jimbo could have flipped the 3 star LB from FL (Smenda) had it not been for early signing.
Rebel Yell
AG
FarmersFight95 said:

Sumlin's classes were never distributed appropriately by position.
TrustinAgs
Seems to be some good chatter out there on recruits!!!

Brewster is working magic.

Crossing fingers.
BanderaAg956
Lateralus Ag said:

But probably top 20.

And like a few others have said, a lot of these kids would rather take the easy road in the BDF or somewhere other than the SEC West. And if that is the case, we truly don't want them. They saw the dominance of Bama's defense and the toughness they played with. Some folks just can't handle the challenge. And thats okay.

Its like some folks choose to be Marines or Army infantry. Some choose the Navy or the Air Force.

The Marines need the Navy to get where they are going and the infantry guys need air cover and a ride every now and then.

So good athletes in La, Ga, Al, Ms, & Fl are okay to play in the SEC but not in Texas?
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
TrustinAgs
Sips getting cocky on Ossai. But Jimbo gonna close!! Can't wait to laugh back at them.
flashplayer
AG
Teenagers are generally d-bags. As such, it's embarrassing to see adults who obsess over where said d-bags end up going to play college ball.

Just learn to love our d-bags after they sign and life can be so much more than worrying about something you have no control and limited understanding of.

Now, let me get back to that reverse cowgirl action I was enjoying.
Meximan
Lateralus Ag said:

But probably top 20.

Infantry sure loves it when Navy planes and shells are laying cover fire ahead of 'em, too.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.