Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If we ever lose to Arkansas?

9,607 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bmeaggie
Class of 65
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Except I attended most of those games.
edwardsk2003
AG
Op we lost to KSU and WF..... In FOOTBALL.

Losing to those two is infinitely worse than a loss to any sec team minus maybe vandy.....
schmellba99
AG
EAD 65 said:

Lifetime we are like 19 games behind Arkansas

We are 11 games back, 41-30-3 is the record.

Would absolutely love to see us ahead at some point in time. The series has not been in our favor since the 1950's.
NyAggie
AG
Quote:

I really don't get the seething hate for him on this board, it is just weird to me.

Nobody hates morris, it's just that the strong lovefest for morris before we hired fisher brought out opposition just as strong because those people didn't want to go the former Aggie up and comer good ole boy route who's defense gave up 70 to navy

Those people wanted a more established guy and a&m hired one in fisher

joeagg321
AG
Eh, there are games in the last few years that I felt we should have won. Nobody is going to give those games to us as wins. Why talk about our wins as if we should give them away? "We should have lost"/"We should have won" goes both ways. It's best to let the record be what the record is. 6-0 is as good as it gets over 6 games. I'm hoping they make it 7-0 later this year.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
FarmersFight95 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

FarmersFight95 said:

Let's be honest, we probably deserved to lose a couple of these games that we stole from Arkansas...
Deserved? Which ones?

3 of the 4 were OT victories. Yeah, they were close, but I cannot agree with the word 'deserved'. In such close games, we made at least one more play than the piggies did. Doesn't matter that in a couple of those games they had a > 7 point lead going into the 4th quarter, we made plays on both sides of the ball and they did not. and then in OT we put pressure on them by scoring a TD first, then shutting them down on 4th down. We did not deserve anything. We did not steal any wins. We won those games fair-and-square.

Chill out, dude. My point is that to anybody watching those games, we had lots of things go our way, while at the same time, they did not. Sure, it is as simple as we scored more points, but that doesn't mean that the best team always wins, and sometimes good or bad luck is the difference maker. All I'm saying is that they outplayed us in several games, and we were lucky enough to still win them somehow.
Chill out? Feeling pretty chilly here, how about you?

I will continue to suggest that if Arkansas was truly the better team, then why didn't they win that game? Everything all of y'all are saying about that game is simply a part of the game. They may have outplayed us at times, but how do you classify those big TD bombs that we threw late in that game? Perhaps I am an old guy looking for a cloud to yell at, but I just find it belittling to use terms and phrases like 'should have lost' or 'got lucky' in describing the Aggies in those narrow victories.
ghollow
AG
Off season sucks
So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.
Ray29
I think if the ags win the next 12 in a row they will be .500 with them lifetime!
Animal
AG
I think, personnel wise, it is going to take some time to transition from a Bielema offense to a Chad Morris offense. This will be a good test of Chad's coaching ability to see what he can do with players that may not fit his system....
hogfan14
Animal said:

I think, personnel wise, it is going to take some time to transition from a Bielema offense to a Chad Morris offense. This will be a good test of Chad's coaching ability to see what he can do with players that may not fit his system....

Yeah, nearly all of the players will need to lose weight. Needs to recruit some speed.
bmeaggie
AG
NyAggie said:

Quote:

I really don't get the seething hate for him on this board, it is just weird to me.

Nobody hates morris, it's just that the strong lovefest for morris before we hired fisher brought out opposition just as strong because those people didn't want to go the former Aggie up and comer good ole boy route who's defense gave up 70 to navy

Those people wanted a more established guy and a&m hired one in fisher

Exactly... I like him just fine, but didn't want to see his name fly into the ring just because some big cigar Ag liked him for his aggieness or because they are friends with him. Morris is still a green up-n-comer IMO.

I mean, this is how Sumlin was hired. I hoping for a highly experienced coach proven to build big-time programs and win championships, but a very influential Ag was buddies with Sumlin. After we whiffed on a couple big fish, Sumlin had the gig in the bag.

I didn't want to see us gamble again on an up-n-comer like that because of favoritism from a BOR member or other big cigar Ag.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.