Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bud Foster

48,444 Views | 111 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by romanagg11
vander54
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
DM44 said:

Anyone need a laugh. VT fans are starting to worry on their board after reading TexAgs. Here is someone trying to calm the base.

"Yep. I know we talked about starting random topics and stuff and I don't have a problem with that but this just propagates unfounded rumors for no reason whatsoever. If an national insider gets a scoop involving one of our coaches then by all means, lets talk turkey. But going through this **** every time someone hears something on a TexAgs message board will drive us all insane and brings us down to TexAgs level of muppetry.

And this site is way too damn good for us to be like TexAgs, BamaOnline, or VolNation."

World's worst proofreader
Hamburger Dan
It's the Zoo's world, others forced to Iive in it.
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

muppetry

They're just jealous.
DM44
This probably does not mean anything but I thought it was interesting.

Fuente's DC at Memphis is on the VT coaching staff now.

Galen Scott worked his way to DC at Memphis and is now the 'asst. head coach + safeties coach' at VT.

TexanJeff
AG
BUT... I don't think Venebles has any past history with woodard and he has no bad blood with the Clemson Admin so I think it is different. I was really shocked Stoops let him get away, but he doesn't seem to move just for money. I am sure he has had plenty of opportunities to just go to an SEC school and get more $$ over past few years.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
vander54 said:

DM44 said:

Anyone need a laugh. VT fans are starting to worry on their board after reading TexAgs. Here is someone trying to calm the base.

"Yep. I know we talked about starting random topics and stuff and I don't have a problem with that but this just propagates unfounded rumors for no reason whatsoever. If an national insider gets a scoop involving one of our coaches then by all means, lets talk turkey. But going through this **** every time someone hears something on a TexAgs message board will drive us all insane and brings us down to TexAgs level of muppetry.

And this site is way too damn good for us to be like TexAgs, BamaOnline, or VolNation."

He obviously doesn't realize that we know stuff.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Where does a DC have a better chance of winning a title? VT or TAMU?

I don't know the answer. But it isn't important what I think the answer is. What is important is what a current VT coach thinks.

And I don't know that either.
NCTX
TexanJeff said:

BUT... I don't think Venebles has any past history with woodard and he has no bad blood with the Clemson Admin so I think it is different. I was really shocked Stoops let him get away, but he doesn't seem to move just for money. I am sure he has had plenty of opportunities to just go to an SEC school and get more $$ over past few years.

I don't think Clemson has ever made him choose between money and staying. He is the second highest paid DC in the country after all and has always been in the top 5 or so.

Dabo has left money for his own salary on the table for a bigger assistant pool multiple times (not an issue anymore post title I suppose, given his latest extension).

I don't think the Aggies would pay him significantly more than the $1.7M Clemson already pays him, and Clemson can and would match a small increase, and there is a chance Venables wouldn't even ask them to.
Tamu_mgm
AG
NCTX said:

TexanJeff said:

I don't think Clemson has ever made him choose between money and staying. He is the second highest paid DC in the country after all and has always been in the top 5 or so.

Dabo has left money for his own salary on the table for a bigger assistant pool multiple times (not an issue anymore post title I suppose, given his latest extension).

I don't think the Aggies would pay him significantly more than the $1.7M Clemson already pays him, and Clemson can and would match a small increase, and there is a chance Venables wouldn't even ask them to.
Regardless of the pay, it makes absolutely no sense for Venables to leave Clemson for the same role here. He has a presumably great relationship with Dabo, is making plenty of money, and can be picky on what HC job he wants when it opens up (mostly). Also, where he's at right now is competing for title consistently.

I would love for us to hire him, but it just doesn't make any logical sense why he would leave Clemson...unless he's had some secretly better relationship with Jimbo than he's had with Dabo.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

NCTX said:

TexanJeff said:

Regardless of the pay, it makes absolutely no sense for Venables to leave Clemson for the same role here. He has a presumably great relationship with Dabo, is making plenty of money, and can be picky on what HC job he wants when it opens up (mostly). Also, where he's at right now is competing for title consistently.

I would love for us to hire him, but it just doesn't make any logical sense why he would leave Clemson...unless he's had some secretly better relationship with Jimbo than he's had with Dabo.

I keep coming up with this same thought. I simply can't come up with a singular reason why he would leave Clemson.
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

Tamu_mgm said:

NCTX said:

TexanJeff said:

I keep coming up with this same thought. I simply can't come up with a singular reason why he would leave Clemson.

I agree, but this is exactly the same thing everybody said about Jimbo. And Fran.

schmellba99
AG
TexanJeff said:

Stoops didn't let him get away - he more or less pushed him out when he hired whichever brother at the time it was had failed as a HC (probably again).
aggie813
Lateralus Ag said:

Tamu_mgm said:

NCTX said:

TexanJeff said:

Maybe he wants several high profile DC gigs before he makes the leap to head coach.
J. Pruitt comes to mind...DC of Florida St., Georgia and Alabama. Just a guess though.
AnalogyAg
"muppetry"

looks like we have a new word added to Texags' lexicon. Thank you VaTech for this early Christmas present.

And a blessed Advent to all our fellow muppeteers.

aggiehawg
AG
schmellba99 said:

TexanJeff said:

Stoops didn't let him get away - he more or less pushed him out when he hired whichever brother at the time it was had failed as a HC (probably again).
Mike Stoops is still the Sooner DC. And they still have a crappy defense. And you are correct, Bob forced Venables out for his bro, Mike.

Venables just might be a career coordinator, like Chavis. We'll see but IIRC, he has a big buy-out for a lateral move from Clemson.
Just Tired
AnalogyAg said:

"muppetry"

looks like we have a new word added to Texags' lexicon. Thank you VaTech for this early Christmas present.

And a blessed Advent to all our fellow muppeteers.

"are we fans or are we muppets?"

it's right there for the cuppycup treatment... www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb3tHsCLWsI
CatmanBoo
Uncle Jimbo said:

I'd rather go with a younger up and comer like Grinch at coordinator. At this point, we have very little incentive built into Fisher's contract, which is fine, but that makes it even more imperative that we have highly motivated assistants.

No, Foster is who you want, no head coaching aspirations
Maroon from the womb.
CrottyKid
AG
I now think it is Foster.
I heard that the deal would be done before Jan 1, which is after his bowl game.
aglaes
AG
Double Diamond
Hearing things.
technoviking
AG
Things are being said.
dixichkn
AG
cbates85
Confirmed. It is not Foster.
ZAC-AG
AG
Source?
jml2621
aggiehawg said:

schmellba99 said:

TexanJeff said:

Mike Stoops is still the Sooner DC. And they still have a crappy defense. And you are correct, Bob forced Venables out for his bro, Mike.

Venables just might be a career coordinator, like Chavis. We'll see but IIRC, he has a big buy-out for a lateral move from Clemson.

There's a vetting problem re: HC.

Foster and Venables would be my top 2 DC choices...because their defenses translate well to the SEC.
jml2621
ZAC-AG said:

Source?

Premie is freaking out. Anyone know?

padreislandagfan
HE GONE
aggiehawg
AG
Okay, it's been long enough since the freak out on premium. What's the story on Foster?
vander54
S
Not Foster
aggiehawg
AG
vander54 said:

Not Foster
Looch said Fisher moved on? Or Foster was never seriously in the mix in the first place?? (Which seemed unlikely that he would be anyway.)
Texas_Aggie_12
AG
vander54 said:

Not Foster

This does not please me
aggiehawg
AG
Texas_Aggie_12 said:

vander54 said:

Not Foster

This does not please me
Foster was always a long shot. He has put down a ton of roots and business relationships in Blacksburg over the years.
vander54
S
aggiehawg said:

Texas_Aggie_12 said:

vander54 said:

Not Foster

This does not please me
Foster was always a long shot. He has put down a ton of roots and business relationships in Blacksburg over the years.

He really isn't wasn't that big of a long shot. He was ready to leave when Chavis came along.
RGLAG85
AG
Someone spill the chilibeans.
cbates85
ZAC-AG said:

Source?

Billy himself.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.