Story Poster
Texas A&M Football

Texas A&M legend Dat Nguyen enters College Football Hall of Fame

December 6, 2017

Few Texas A&M football players have produced careers as decorated as that of linebacker Dat Nguyen's. The former First-Team All American and Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year won both the Lombardi and Bednarik awards during his time in school, but he had to wait nearly 20 years for one of his largest honors.

Along with nine other players and three coaches, Nguyen was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame by the National Football Foundation and the College Hall of Fame.

"It's been a humbling experience," Nguyen said in an interview with TexAgs Radio, "and I can tell you the support has been unbelievable."

Nguyen is the tenth Aggie to reach the Hall of Fame and said the part of the experience he enjoyed most was getting to spend time with fellow inductees and share memories of time spent in collegiate locker rooms and stadiums.

"It's pretty neat. We sit around, and we tell stories," he said. "I think that's what's so cool about what we've missed. You hear about 99 percent of the players that leave the game of football – 'What do you miss the most?' 'The locker room.' That's what we've been doing here over the last few days."

Nguyen joins college football greats Matt Leinart, Peyton Manning and Steve Spurrier in the 2017 class. You can see the full class here, which also includes New Mexico's Brian Urlacher and San Diego State's Marshall Faulk.

Discussion from...

Texas A&M legend Dat Nguyen enters College Football Hall of Fame

26,755 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Rongagin71
Midnight Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
chip5897
StickTogetherAgs
TexAg1987
Great article!
aggieland09
AG
Dat is the man! Probably my favorite Aggie player to watch. Very happy for him.
TCSD84
Bsolutely deserved the accolades. One of the best college linebackers. Seemed like he made every single tackle at times.
Agheat
AG
He was great! I remember that he was going to quit his freshman year and his sister visited him and told him to MAN UP! He stayed and the rest is history.
W
AG
Dat is a great American success story
Rongagin71
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.