Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Blindsided?

3,851 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aTmAg
SilverTongueDevil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seriously?
Anyone could see this firing coming after the ucla debacle. If not after the annual poop the bed home showing after a bye week.
Stevie Wonder could see this coming!
Rick Flex
AG
It's all about optics for Sumlin from here on out. This will look like he is the victim in all this (a rich victim), and help position himself for his next job. It's almost what you have to do in this ruthless business these days.
William Larue Weller
AG
Teag mmbff swqrtf fhkn you fewd
DMCouser06
DallasAg91 said:

Teag mmbff swqrtf fhkn you fewd

I was thinking the same thing.
rocky the dog
AG
Blindsided is the polite way of saying he was "targeted". Only this time, the one being targeted is getting ejected.
TMF
AG
This is why I think he should have been fired when the decision was made. Don't give him time to play these games.
maroonthrunthru
Amen Brutha...

Once you decide to fire someone, you have to get them out of the building...

There is no doubt that all of this sympathy for a universally-recognized by all, perennially mediocre coach is the result of the victim-hood optics we now live in..:

This wouldn't be happening if the coach's name were...oh, I don't know... Franchione... now would it...
BMX Bandit
maroonthrunthru said:

Amen Brutha...

Once you decide to fire someone, you have to get them out of the building...

There is no doubt that all of this sympathy for a universally-recognized by all, perennially mediocre coach is the result of the victim-hood optics we now live in..:

This wouldn't be happening if the coach's name were...oh, I don't know... Franchione... now would it...
given that Sumlin has been much more successful than Franchione was, why would you expect the same thing to be happening?
Aggie_Jeff
I've heard Sumlin has known since after the Auburn game, whether that's true or not, who knows but as far as the optics or narrative, whatever bad press we get will be forgotten as soon as we hire the next HC. Especially, if it's Fisher.
Frank Grimes
AG
Aggie_Jeff said:

I've heard Sumlin has known since after the Auburn game, whether that's true or not, who knows but as far as the optics or narrative, whatever bad press we get will be forgotten as soon as we hire the next HC. Especially, if it's Fisher.

That will usher in a new round of bad press.
Aggie_Jeff
Frank Grimes said:

Aggie_Jeff said:

That will usher in a new round of bad press.
Lol. Only on texags. Don't worry about the 24 hour news cycle.
aTmAg
AG
Bad press will be that we hired Fran 2.0.
rw1987
AG
Comparing Sumlin to Fran is ridiculous. Sumlin recruited some very good players to this program. Fran failed in all aspects of the game.
aTmAg
AG
Fran could have won 2 nattys with the talent at FSU. That school recruits by itself no matter who the coach is.
Panama Red
AG
aTmAg said:

Fran could have won 2 nattys with the talent at FSU. And that school recruits by itself no matter who the coach is.
Why not 3?
aTmAg
AG
Panama Red said:

aTmAg said:

Fran could have won 2 nattys with the talent at FSU. And that school recruits by itself no matter who the coach is.
Why not 3?
Probably. That's how under performing Fisher has been.
BMX Bandit
getting drunk early before the family arrives. Solid thanksgiving'ing
aTmAg
AG
This whole board is full of drunks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.