Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

FSU game on Dec 2

6,637 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by agwin12
SilverTongueDevil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is the makeup game with la Monroe that got postponed in week 1.
I would feel much better about chances with Fisher if they were ending regular season Saturday like us. Sumlin firing will obviously be done but Fisher isn't going to skip final game. Lots of extra time for FSU to lobby to keep him.
PabloSerna
AG
I think the die has already been cast. If I were him, I wouldn't be waiting until the end.
TyHolden
AG
PabloSerna said:

I think the die has already been cast. If I were him, I wouldn't be waiting until the end.
rojo III ????
Saltgrass
AG
SilverTongueDevil said:

I would feel much better about chances with Fisher if they were ending regular season Saturday like us. Sumlin firing will obviously be done but Fisher isn't going to skip final game. Lots of extra time for FSU to lobby to keep him.
I agree, but for an entirely different reason. FSU having an additional week to lobby does not bother me. The potential for the Auburn job to come open within that "additional" 1-week time frame is somewhat concerning.
SilverTongueDevil
Why would the Auburn job come open?
Malzahn has done a great job and they still have a shot at the playoff. No chance he is leaving.
CrazyDayDuck
SilverTongueDevil said:

No chance he is leaving.

Wrong...especially if they lose to Bama.
Triple-T
AG
Fisher deal is done. Arkansas is his wife's dream destination, and Gus loves it there too.

Gig em.
45-70Ag
AG
SilverTongueDevil said:

Why would the Auburn job come open?
Malzahn has done a great job and they still have a shot at the playoff. No chance he is leaving.

He's from Arkansas
Loves the school and has been open about his desire to coach there.
BMX Bandit
I don't think the last FSU game makes any difference at all if Fisher is coming

I also think the Malzahn to Arkansas is a great example of message board fodder.

neither of those is "sourced" just feelings
SECTAMU#1
Article from Tallahassee Democrat:

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/football/2017/11/14/jimbo-fisher-coaching-rumors-starting-up-again/861840001/

NyAggie
AG
Root for auburn n to beat bama, then Gus Ian leaving auburn because he'll be coaching in the sec title game

Also, even if bama beats auburn auburn would be way behind on negotiations with fisher and putting together a plan, plus isn't their AD leaving?
UrbanDecay
AG
Arkansas would be a rebuilding job for Gus and would be an ill advised move even if they lose to Bama imo.
Class of 65
AG
Might be the MS coach!
aggiehawg
AG
haybob15 said:

Arkansas would be a rebuilding job for Gus and would be an ill advised move even if they lose to Bama imo.
LOL. You haven't followed Gus' career have you? Dislike the guy but he has an eye for the QB talent to run his offense. He can scour the JUCO ranks and buy himself another Cam and some o-linemen and do better than 4-8. Hog fans would be thrilled with a back-to-back winning seasons.
Panama Red
AG
If Gus has such a great eye for QBs to run his offense, why have the QBs been so crappy the last few years there?

SilverTongueDevil
Malzahn is not leaving AU to go to Arkansas . Regardless of outcome of bama game he's had a great year and will be back at auburn.
SilverTongueDevil
I guess most of you don't remember that Arkansas and auburn job were both open in 2013 and malzahn chose AU.
Bottlehead90
AG
Arkansas will have a new AD now
Basketball and Chain
AG
SilverTongueDevil said:

Malzahn is not leaving AU to go to Arkansas . Regardless of outcome of bama game he's had a great year and will be back at auburn.

Sounds like Malzahn isn't very happy at Auburn. He was on the hot seat entering this year. I could definitely see him taking a lucrative offer from Arkansas that would allow him to go back home and take a job with lower expectations.
hogfan14
SilverTongueDevil said:

I guess most of you don't remember that Arkansas and auburn job were both open in 2013 and malzahn chose AU.

After Arkansas hired Bielema.
BMX Bandit
SilverTongueDevil said:

Old AD Jeff Long would not hire Malzahn.

aggiehawg
AG
BMX Bandit said:

SilverTongueDevil said:

Old AD Jeff Long would not hire Malzahn.

Long wouldn't even interview Malzahn who was sitting down the road in Jonesboro salivating for the job. So, the Gus Bus went back to Auburn.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
I love it when someone like SilverTongueDevil starts talking out their ass on a subject they know nothing about all the while refuting information already put out here by someone in the know (aggiehawg).

Malzahn May or may not leave Auburn, but to say there is no way he would choose Arky over Auburn is laughable based on all the things aggiehawg has said over the past few weeks.
SilverTongueDevil
There is zero chance Malzahn is taking a lesser job at Arkansas after having a solid year at Auburn. If it happens feel free to to come back here and trash me. There is zero chance of you having that opportunity. Gus will probably get a nice raise though.
Threadbare
SilverTongueDevil said:

There is zero chance Malzahn is taking a lesser job at Arkansas after having a solid year at Auburn. If it happens feel free to to come back here and trash me. There is zero chance of you having that opportunity. Gus will probably get a nice raise though.
I am completely willing to believe that they're are people in the know, but I just don't get why he would leave Auburn for Arkansas...
aeon-ag
Why in hell does everyone want fisher when he is 4-6? Might as well keep sumlin!!!!
Basketball and Chain
AG
aeon-ag said:

Why in hell does everyone want fisher when he is 4-6? Might as well keep sumlin!!!!

Wow
dixichkn
AG
aeon-ag said:

Z
AG
If you don't think Arkansas is pursuing Gus and he is strongly considering it, then you have no idea what you are talking about.
EKUAg
AG
aeon-ag said:

So one season makes a career?
Maroon and White always! EKU/TAMU
OutdoorAg
AG
aeon-ag said:

Stupid post is just stupid.
agwin12
AG
SilverTongueDevil said:

He'll skip the final game if he is hired tomorrow morning.
"A life lived for others is a life worthwhile" - Albert Einstein
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.