Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Which assistants do we want to stay?

4,908 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Token
Ag8086
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chief, Turner, Price, special teams coach, any of them or none of them?
ElephantRider
AG
Chief, David Turner, Price and Banks. Let the rest go.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
ElephantRider said:

Let Jim Turner leave too?
ElephantRider
AG
Collard Greens said:

ElephantRider said:

Well we have the worst OL in the history of football, so...yeah. I know talent is an issue, but he's done some stupid **** this year and they haven't improved much.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Clean house
Not a Bot
AG
Our offensive line woes are much more about the scheme we run, they are always playing on their heels.
BallHittinBoy
Completely up to the new HC. No restrictions, just win baby!
A&M, “Give Us Room!"
Furlock Bones
AG
BallHittinBoy said:

Completely up to the new HC. No restrictions, just win baby!
exactly. you don't dictate to the head man who is staff is going to be when they walk in the door.
aka Sloan Kettering aka Lazlo Hollyfeld
45-70Ag
AG
None

If you tell any candidate for the job you have to keep some guys from sumlins staff, no one will want to come here.
aTm2004
AG
Collard Greens said:

ElephantRider said:

Yes. Beg, plead, money whip, or whatever is necessary and bring back the Sherminator for OL coach. If you need to, give him hospital privileges at all the major hospitals in the state so he can be in the delivery room to offer scholarships to kids he believes have the OL talent.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
Ignatius_of_Silesia
Need to completely get rid of every one in order to have a good transition. Otherwise you have people loyal to the old regime hanging on causing problems. Everyone includes the DJ, the barber, the President, the Chancelor, that racist professor, the 'first down' guy, the Core Commander, the Drum Major and the head of the School of Animal Science.
Leander - Ag
AG
None
turfman80
AG
None
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
nawlinsag
AG
Jeff Banks. No other group has played at a championship level. Ron Cooper gets an incomplete.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Love Gun
Clear them all out - especially Moorehead. If it's Jimbo, he has his staff (Brewster is a must), and he has staffs from Tennessee, Florida, Ole Miss, maybe Arkansas to choose from at a minimum.
85AustinAg
AG
You let the new guy pick his staff. I'd take a hard look at Banks but its up to the new guy. Don't get myopic with your view of our coaches. There are a lot of great ones out there.
yardwhisperer
AG
ElephantRider said:

Collard Greens said:

ElephantRider said:

Well we have the worst OL in the history of football, so...yeah. I know talent is an issue, but he's done some stupid **** this year and they haven't improved much.
I'm a believer in giving a coach 3 years to get all the pieces in place.

The Dallas Cowboys have demonstrated over the past 2 weeks how important the left tackle is.

We did not plan very well for Greg Little to decommit, leaving us with a high school tight end at left tackle. That's not on Jim Turner. I'd give him one more year.
bwmammoth
AG
New HC will only keep 1 or 2 current coaches, likely Banks and/or S&C Coach.
CrottyKid
AG
None.

We need a total overhaul of the culture.
Rip the bandaid off.
The Collective
AG
If a coach at a major program, let him bring his entire staff if he wants to do so.
The Collective
AG
Retain Vince Vaughn as the team sanitation engineer.
texag86
AG
Keep Chavis

[img][URL=http://imgur.com/lEseO35][/URL][/img]
hunter2012
AG
Keep Chief, the defense is progressing and has become less and less of a liability the more he gets his players here.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
For those of you saying "Banks " If you want Fisher to bring over one of the best recruiters in the country Tim Brewster he also coaches Tight Ends.

Also I get the feeling Banks is a Sumlin guy and is one of the few really good hires hes made so he'll try like he'll to take him to his next job.
runontexas
AG
Moorehead

@Amo8685
The Collective
AG
Guys, the defense has improved, but Chief was part of the meltdown in Pasadena too.
aggiehawg
AG
HC gets to decide his own staff. Can't believe there are this many posters here who don't seem to understand that.

Sumlin will land another job and take some with him. These guys aren't going to be standing in a soup line next week for pete's sake.
tjack16
AG
I'd like to see Chavis, Hocke and Banks stay

The rest can and should go.
W
AG
Price and Turner are the only ones to consider
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
If I was the new head coach, I'd give strong consideration to retaining Chavis, Price, Hocke and Cooper. I would release all the other coaches.

Anyone we hire, whether that is Fisher, Tom Landry, or Sumlin's pool boy, will get to decide the composition of his staff, and that's the way it should be. We should never attempt to force a new coach to take any particular member of the previous staff.
Foxo
AG
Hint ... you get no voice in the matter. New coach will keep one.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

If I was the new head coach, I'd give strong consideration to retaining Chavis, Price, Hocke and Cooper. I would release all the other coaches.
DC is one of the guys Fisher is being pressured to fire, so Chavis could be an option for him if he comes here.
AnalogyAg
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Anyone we hire, whether that is Fisher, Tom Landry, or Sumlin's pool boy, will get to decide the composition of his staff......

or decomposition as the case may be
KW02
AG
Price and Banks at a minimum. Turner is good too but it is not working in the Mazzone system.
ElephantRider
AG
To be fair, I'm not saying I think those guys should stay. I'm all for the new coach doing whatever he wants. Those are just the guys that I think warrant consideration.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.