Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The beginning of dark days, part 2

6,744 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by maroongoon95
colekicker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Folks, we are about to enter upon some dark dark days in this programs history. I'd like you to remember the time after RC was told his was safe to the hiring of a Little Debbie eating buffoon and the seasons of disappointment that followed. Get ready folks and grab you ankles. It's about to get real in the cell block and you idiots just dropped the soap.
How many openings are there right now?
Tennessee
Florida
UCLA
Mississippi
Arkansas (it'll happen)

And we aren't even in the convo for Kelly.
Don't forget Mullen has a similar SEC West record to Sumlin and will continue on.
We will pay out $10,000,000 for nothing.
And will we even get a quality hire? Fisher is a putz that will bring rape coverup baggage. Might as well hire Briles.
And what are we going to payout to Chief?

Dark days my friends. Dark dark days.
Aggies1322
AG
Wtf did i just read..
Basketball and Chain
AG
You should ask for a dog for Christmas.

Are you this scared in real life?
technoviking
AG
he's saying that this is the end.

Indignitas
AG

SeattleAgJr
gonna need a whole pack of dogs at that rate
deadelephant98
AG
Colelickers
valvemonkey91
AG
I'm really hoping it ain't Fisher. It's not currently a buyers market for coaches for sure. We will overpay. Again. I'm afraid you are correct. Hell, I'd rather keep Sumlin for another year than hire Jimbo.
SeattleAgJr
it is always darkest right before the dawn
welcha5
Sack up dude.
Soup_Nazi
AG
My IQ just dropped 50 points reading this
Muy
AG
Don't go outside tomorrow, you might get run over by a truck. Dark dark days.
cords12
Here's the BIG difference:

Part 1, our facilities sucked and we were dang near broke

Part 2, we are pretty much the richest athletic program in the entire country and our current coach is mediocre at best without Johnny...Time for an upgrade!
OrygunAg
AG
colekicker
AG
Seriously, who is the #1 guy we go after?
And who is plan #2?
If you didn't look at the board, get plan #3 ready.

We will pay. And pay a lot of money. In the end, we will get a mediocre hire that will not win us a natty. Reason is there isn't one of those folks even available this year.

So, put the pitchforks down, grab a turkey leg and cry about how your mother-in-law burnt the stuffing again and stfu.
W
AG
um, Chief's contract expires at the end of the season. He will be owed nothing.

things were already pretty dark at Kyle at the end of the Auburn and State games
technoviking
AG
i wanna see chief coach for gruden in knoxville next year
SeattleAgJr
colekicker said:

And who is plan #2?

We will pay. And pay a lot of money. In the end, we will get a mediocre hire that will not win us a natty. Reason is there isn't one of those folks even available this year.

So, put the pitchforks down, grab a turkey leg and cry about how your mother-in-law burnt the stuffing again and stfu.
after 6 years of putting up with your mother-in-laws burnt stuffing you would think you would want to try something else.
MrAbyss
some high level BAS around the board right now. seems alot would rather bathe in mediocrity for another decade than take take a risk andshoot for the sky
cr0wbar
AG
Quote:

Get ready folks and grab you ankles. It's about to get real in the cell block and you idiots just dropped the soap.
This.....this is poetry
maroongoon95
AG
here is how OP's life goes :
he wakes up and drinks dark coffee, in a dark room with no lights, works out of his house with no lights on except the light from his computer screen, he is hated by all, he hates all.

he could possibaly be an elbino. but for sure he grew up in the North Pole.

Old_Ag_91
AG
colekicker said:

And who is plan #2?

Dear Bruce Feldman, we realize you love you some Sumlin, but seriously, it's time to move on. Stop projecting your insecurities on others, go hug your mother-in-law, and forgive her for burning the stuffing all these years.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
That's great it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes and airplanes, and Lenny Bruce is not afraid.
Wabs
AG
colekicker said:

We will pay. And pay a lot of money.
"We" ain't paying *****
ATXAdvisor
AG
OP has a legit concern. These changes rarely result in the outcome fans hope for. I also don't understand why Fisher is considered such an upgrade. If we are now a "just win" program that will turn our heads the other way, I'd rather hire Briles. At least he has shown he can win anywhere.
Furlock Bones
AG
aka Sloan Kettering aka Lazlo Hollyfeld
letters at random
colekicker said:

And who is plan #2?

We will pay. And pay a lot of money. In the end, we will get a mediocre hire that will not win us a natty.

Jimbo is the number one choice, and he is a homerun hire, even if some Ags are too ill-informed to know it. I have a hard time believing that we'll get him, but plenty of insiders are confident that we will.

Personally, Fuente is my number 2 choice.

Whomever we hire might be mediocre. There's a risk. Of course, Sumlin was mediocre, too. On the whole he was an improvement for the program. He'll get some other head job, and I hope he does well.
letters at random
Renegade by God said:

OP has a legit concern. These changes rarely result in the outcome fans hope for. I also don't understand why Fisher is considered such an upgrade. If we are now a "just win" program that will turn our heads the other way, I'd rather hire Briles. At least he has shown he can win anywhere.

I can't decide which is more ignorant: failing to see Fisher as an upgrade or seeing hiring Fisher as morally equivalent to hiring Briles.
BanderaAg956
Basketball and Chain said:

You should ask for a dog for Christmas.

Are you this scared in real life?

Sounds more like a fish or turtle person. Dogs and cats have way too much risk for this clown!
TAMU74
AG
colekicker said:

Folks, we are about to enter upon some dark dark days in this programs history. I'd like you to remember the time after RC was told his was safe to the hiring of a Little Debbie eating buffoon and the seasons of disappointment that followed. Get ready folks and grab you ankles. It's about to get real in the cell block and you idiots just dropped the soap.
How many openings are there right now?
Tennessee
Florida
UCLA
Mississippi
Arkansas (it'll happen)

And we aren't even in the convo for Kelly.
Don't forget Mullen has a similar SEC West record to Sumlin and will continue on.
We will pay out $10,000,000 for nothing.
And will we even get a quality hire? Fisher is a putz that will bring rape coverup baggage. Might as well hire Briles.
And what are we going to payout to Chief?

Dark days my friends. Dark dark days.
I agree.
Now is not the time to dump Sumlin
Give him his last year and move on if necessary at that time.
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
OP sounds like Pelosi anytime something Obama did is being undone.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Who is more likely to win you a national championship first, Sumlin or Fisher? One of those coaches has played in and won several national titles while the other has not.

As the saying goes, if you aren't first you are last. No body cares if you go 8-4 or 9-3. THE GOAL EVERY YEAR IS TO WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.
Muy
AG
Yeah, let's spend the offseason and all of next season hearing about Sumlin still being on the hot seat.
Foxo
AG
Oh boy. Looks like we may be hiring a coach with a losing record and character issues.

Who wouldn't be all in ?
2thFixinAg
Aggiesincebirth said:

Who is more likely to win you a national championship first, Sumlin or Fisher? One of those coaches has played in and won several national titles while the other has not.

As the saying goes, if you aren't first you are last. No body cares if you go 8-4 or 9-3. THE GOAL EVERY YEAR IS TO WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.
I disagree. The goal every year is to win 11+ regular season games. We do that enough and a natty will happen. You put your hopes as an all or bust on a natty you're going to be unhappy forever. Back when we were in BDF i would have said 10. but the extra cupcake team now moves the total to 11.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.