Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Zwernman

9,879 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Free Lunch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That mother effer should be black listed by our AD and his piece of **** rag of an employer too until they either fire him or have him covering some other team. Unbelievable the kind of damage he has done to A&M through the years. Hit piece after piece, leaking damaging info, you name it. Zero ethics and zero integrity from a low life ****** bag.
SeattleAgJr
so much no to this.

he has a job,

he got a scoop.

he ran with it.

something Sumlin's teams have not managed to do in years.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Yeah, I hate it when people do their jobs.

Speaking of, if Sumlin had done his maybe there would have been no scoop for Brent to break.
YankAg13
AG
Idk if any of it is really grounds for blacklisting or firing, but it was definitely clear he didn't like Sumlin personally. Maybe he'll like a new coach better and write about things a little more positively?
EKG1996
AG
Isn't this what 247 and Rivals have been saying for awhile now?

cords12
Unfortunately, much of this has to do with the contract negotiation skills of TAMU athletics. Giving undeserved lucrative contract extensions puts us all in an awkward spot!
AG
It's his job
biobioprof
I blame the leaker, not the reporter in situations like this.
SeattleAgJr
biobioprof said:

so Rojo....
AG 73
AG
If it is true, he is doing his job.If Sumlin is not fired, he will have to live with egg on his face and no one likes to be around the smell of rotten eggs.
EKG1996
AG
I do agree that he didn't really need to go there. Kind of puts everyone in a bind. But like they say the truth will set you free.
Free Lunch
AG
EKG1996 said:

There is a difference between an online forum speculating and a "reputable" newspaper in a major city printing a story that instantly went national with *******s like Feldman having a field day with it. We can do without the clown show that seems to be a ****ing staple of the way we handle our business in Aggieland.

And to those of you saying "it's his job" to get the scoop, it's also part of his job as a so called journalist to have ethics and integrity, and him printing the story at this time quoting anonymous sources is a complete clown move only suitable for a trash rag like the Chronicle.
Wizard
I think BZ is a dbag, but he did nothing wrong here.
SeattleAgJr
Free Lunch said:

Quote:

And to those of you saying "it's his job" to get the scoop, it's also part of his job as a so called journalist to have ethics and integrity, and him printing the story at this time quoting anonymous sources is a complete clown move only suitable for a trash rag like the Chronicle.

if he has verified his sources, there is no issue re: "ethics" or "integrity".

but congrats on your railing.
Indignitas
AG
Bruh, Brent Z is not the problem at all. If you harbor any hope of lifting our program's curse of meddlesome BMAs, brass-cojonado journalists like Brent Z are your best shot at victory. You're not using your brain if you think that silencing independent voices will help you in the long run.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Free Lunch said:

EKG1996 said:

There is a difference between an online forum speculating and a "reputable" newspaper in a major city printing a story that instantly went national with *******s like Feldman having a field day with it. We can do without the clown show that seems to be a ****ing staple of the way we handle our business in Aggieland.

Jesus, what a dumb post. He has no obligation except to report the truth and news to the Chron. The fact that you think he owes Sumlin or A&M the decency of timing shows how clueless you are.
biobioprof
SeattleAgJr said:

biobioprof said:

so Rojo....
nicely done
OrygunAg
AG
I blame the game, not the player
deadelephant98
AG
this "scoop" is a surprise to literally everyone.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
To be fair BZ isn't really telling us anything we don't already know...
OSOB
Demo_Slug
AG
Kevin's statements today about coaching here next year probably enticed a BMA to leak the story.
EKG1996
AG
Demo_Slug said:

Kevin's statements today about coaching here next year probably enticed a BMA to leak the story.

Unfortunately this is probably the case. Sumlin could have just said I'm not discussing that all my focus is on LSU.
My Dad Earl
AG
Free Lunch said:

EKG1996 said:

Trust me, I don't think you need to worry about the Chron breaking any journalistic ethics and integrity this time around. They knew that if they broke this story it would get national attention and would be heavily scrutinized by everybody. When random Texags posters say they have " sources", you can roll your eyes and blow it off. But when an established and reputable newspaper says they have "sources" you can make a bet that it's most likely legit bc they're actually going to have to be held accountable for it.
1208HawkTree
AG
I don't follow Brent Z as closely as some of you do, but he asked the elephant in the room question that everyone else was too chicken-s#|+ to ask, or told not to ask, but he did anyway. I think he truly was curious and again, as said before me, he did his job. Plus, he was a damned good right center fielder on our softball team, even with Jon telling him he had "plenty of room" before smacking his head on the fence. Good job BZ.
Charlie 31
AG
jml2621
EKG1996 said:

Demo_Slug said:

Unfortunately this is probably the case. Sumlin could have just said I'm not discussing that all my focus is on LSU.

I'm not getting bent out of shape about this.

1. It's certainly true

2. Any prospective coaches' agents have been contacted anyway.

3. Some of said agents have leaked out stories (I'm looking at you Jimbo agent)

4. Nearly every year Sumlin has talked with, negotiated with, or threaten to talk with the NFL and other colleges (e.g., USCw) for leverage and PROFIT, and successfully at that.

5. Leak of moronic, racist letter written by a probable t.u., fan at a Houston golf club.

jml2621
Charlie 31 said:

...and the weatherman, too!
jml2621

Is the OP referring to the pastry or sportswriter?
Ignatius_of_Silesia
Free Lunch said:

That mother effer should be black listed by our AD and his piece of **** rag of an employer too until they either fire him or have him covering some other team. Unbelievable the kind of damage he has done to A&M through the years. Hit piece after piece, leaking damaging info, you name it. Zero ethics and zero integrity from a low life ****** bag.

You don't think that effing loser politician that runs the University System gave Brent the go ahead to drop that piece right now? Come on people. I'm sure he had the story typed up and just waiting for the text from a guy that goes by the undercover name Juan Agudo.
Buford T. Justice
AG
biobioprof said:

In situations like this, you can never tell the identity of "the leaker." I'm speaking hypothetically, but it could be just about anyone, and for a variety of reasons.

Example: IF Coach Sumlins agent wanted his client to look good in the court of public opinion, it could make sense to "leak" the story, even though all parties all ready knew, and were working under a verbal agreement.
BMX Bandit
Sad & scary the OP got so many likes
oneeyedag
Presstitute!
The Collective
AG
The OP seems confused. Brent is not an employee of Texas A&M's public relations office.
kyledr04
AG
Ignac said:

I'm sure he had the story typed up and just waiting for the text from a guy that goes by the undercover name Juan Agudo.

Juan Agudo
ElephantRider
AG
Wizard said:

I think BZ is a dbag, but he did nothing wrong here.

This
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.