Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kingsbury for OC!

4,953 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ashley
Maroon Dawn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Regardless of who is our HC next year, we have a chance to bring Kliff back and have a real OC and not

" Is it 1st Down? If Yes, Run straight up the middle. Always. "
FriscoKid
AG
Nope. I want coaches that want to be here and support the school. Not once would that turd wear maroon.
AG
I don't care if he wears pink assless chaps and a motorcycle helmet as long as he wins.
Phoenix1
4 said:

I don't care if he wears pink assless chaps and a motorcycle helmet as long as he wins.

Agree
85AustinAg
AG
TexAgs hated kliff when he was here last. Plus I don't see kliff stepping back from a Hc position to OC.
halfastros81
AG
Do we really know if it was KK or was it Manziel, Evans, and a bunch of future NFL offensive linemen?

Besides that, who is Tech going to hire if they fire KK? Anyone that does well will be looking to move up. KK could grow into the job and would probably stay there for his career.
Not_Sure
AG
halfastros81 said:

Besides that, who is Tech going to hire if they fire KK?

Briles
halfastros81
AG
I don't think they'll go there but maybe I'm wrong.
MagnumLoad
3 points against TCU at Lubbock. HELL NO!
I hate tu. It's in my blood.
MaxPower
Not_Sure said:

halfastros81 said:

Besides that, who is Tech going to hire if they fire KK?

Briles
If they are serious about winning, that's about the only option. However, since the "new" thing is sexual harassment, I'm guessing they simply aren't willing to go there, even if they are tceh.
Cromagnum
AG
Would take back KK in a heartbeat vs Mazzone.
SeMgCo87
AG
halfastros81 said:

Do we really know if it was KK or was it Manziel, Evans, and a bunch of future NFL offensive linemen?

Besides that, who is Tech going to hire if they fire KK? Anyone that does well will be looking to move up. KK could grow into the job and would probably stay there for his career.
Kliff just basically called plays but Johnny changed them at the line. Manziel looked over the defense, saw where LB's and DB's were and checked off. He made Kliff look like a genius, but it was Johnny improvising.

Both Kliff and Sumlin are Air Raid schooled, and we still see that influence today, 5 yrs later. That first year, we used the "pistol" set (2 RB's behind QB) a bunch, do you see it today? Even had snaps direct from center.
coldmoose
Why would Texas Tech part ways with Coach Kingsbury? Is he leaving there because he has tired of Lubbock? I thought he loved being back. And I thought that they loved having him back to be their coach. After all, he is such a talent.

Besides, depending on who is the head coach at A&M next year, they might want to have their own guy in place. And that guy might not be Coach Kingsbury. Even if he could be pried away from Tech to step down to an OC position.

We'll see after their bowl game. I really really hope they are going bowling because that would mean that they beat tu. Get it done Red Raiders.
welborn
Kliff hated it here. I've spoken with several folks that were around him and he absolutely despised it.

He enjoyed winning but never bought in to any aspect/tradition of A&M. He's a tech guy to the core of his soul.
Capt. Augustus McCrae
AG
4 said:

"Assless chaps" is such an oxymoron.

If they had ass covering, they would be pants.

Chaps inherently, are assless.
ghowe
AG
We need a HC that has a vision and a plan who brings in his own people.
PooDoo
AG
LBM-Aggie-2014 said:

4 said:

I'll defer to your expertise in this department.
HardRockAg
AG
Kliff has proven he was nothing if it were for Johnny. He can't do anything in his beloved Lubbock, won't do anything as an OC either.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

However, since the "new" thing is sexual harassment, I'm guessing they simply aren't willing to go there, even if they are tceh.
Never underestimate the the Red Faiders. They hired a washed up Bobby Knight.
JJxvi
AG
Why would Kliff want to go backward in his career? Even if he steps back as OC, it wont be here.
90ags
He'll be Sumlins OC at UCLA chasing tail as there's plenty there.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
Threadbare
I actually liked and appreciated Kingsbury. But it amazes me how many people that won't give Sumlin any credit at all for 2012 think Kingsbury did something special here...
Bitter Old Man
AG
Kingsbury's entire OC career spanned 3 years, during which he had JFF and Case Keenum as QB's. I don't think Kliff was the catalyst....
sbboulware
KK just produced 2 Heismans (Baker and Johnny). Tceh did not lose because of their offense. Btw... check Johnny's second year... not the same offense. Don't underestimate KKs expertise on offense.

Would like Kk better than calling a run play every 1st down.
FJB
AG
Doesn't run the ball enough
CrottyKid
AG
LBM-Aggie-2014 said:

4 said:

Not an oxymoron. Just redundant.
Arthur Stilwell
sbboulware said:

KK just produced 2 Heismans (Baker and Johnny). Tceh did not lose because of their offense. Btw... check Johnny's second year... not the same offense. Don't underestimate KKs expertise on offense.

Would like Kk better than calling a run play every 1st down.
That same Baker Mayfield who he benched for Davis Webb?
Spyderman
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Regardless of who is our HC next year, we have a chance to bring Kliff back and have a real OC and not

" Is it 1st Down? If Yes, Run straight up the middle. Always. "
Sarge 77
Sumlin & KK got rich because of JFF...and couldn't win enough without him.
zipp99
AG
90ags said:

He'll be Sumlins OC at UCLA chasing tail as there's plenty there.
Didn't know he had Yellow Fever.
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." (Albert Einstein)

ashley
tombstonerider said:

Kliff has proven he was nothing if it were for Johnny. He can't do anything in his beloved Lubbock, won't do anything as an OC either.

Then tell me how his teams have finished in the top five almost every year in offense at Tech.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.